View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Is it possible?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:00 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 277
Is it possible to make a spectator's card rise from the ground after u purposely dropped it? because i used loops and it would just tip over. Are we suppose to attach it as if it was the hummer card?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 2571
yes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 3289
Location: The Shire
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=394


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:46 pm 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 277
hahaa 70$ i guess ill have to make my own


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
You obviously haven't seen the Stealth Retractor at work. Kennedy's work is amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:14 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 277
rofl im not gonna spend 70$ on some crap i can make... its a rip off.... i can get an ipod shuffle or something


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
Emperor Penguin

Joined: 24 Jun 2006
Posts: 6622
Location: Penguin's Most Feared Intellect
doomkitty41 wrote:
rofl im not gonna spend 70$ on some crap i can make... its a rip off.... i can get an ipod shuffle or something
You really have no idea what you're talking about. It's not a rip-off. And I doubt you could make the same thing, with the same quality that Kennedy has put into it. Seriously though, if you can't spend $70 on magic, you should find a new hobby. Because it will get much more expensive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:13 am 
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 277
my life is not dedicated to magic, i just want to learn a couple new tricks thats all... im not gonna be a busker or anything -_- perform for entertainment and reactions :P

besides i spent over 120.25$ and thats alot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 21 Feb 2003
Posts: 14016
Location: Las Vegas, NV/Albuquerque, NM/Pensacola, FL
Yeah that's a lot. Where's Dave? Where's Jared? Where's Brad? We've all spent a lot. Either way, you think it's a ripoff to buy something that will holdup. You build one. It'll be bulky and probably break because you haven't put years into the design. Have fun with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 9637
Location: Toronto, Ontario
here I am X. yeah I've spent a LOT on magic.

I would love to see a performance video with your homemade one.

you don't seem to be in magic for the right reasons, just impressing your friends is an OK reason I guess, still it's pretty lame

you came on here asking us if it's possible, we said yes and showed you, you say it's a ripoff... you must not want to levitate the dropped card back to your hand very much. :)

it might be rude, but find another hobby.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Posts: 1140
Location: England
Yeah, I gotta agree. If you seek advice on this forum, and just ignore it, then you won't make yourself popular.

People spent time to answer your question. At least have some denceny to thank them for it, look into their suggestion, or consider it slightly.

8)


Last edited by fspigeon on Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Posts: 8861
Location: Las Vegas
I spent $140 last night on a single coin trick at Magic Live! in Las Vegas. I feel it was money well spent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 15 Apr 2006
Posts: 1140
Location: England
DaveV wrote:
I spent $140 last night on a single coin trick at Magic Live! in Las Vegas. I feel it was money well spent.


Awesome. Care to divulge?

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Is it possible?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:56 pm 
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 16 Jan 2007
Posts: 620
doomkitty41 wrote:
Is it possible to make a spectator's card rise from the ground after u purposely dropped it? because i used loops and it would just tip over. Are we suppose to attach it as if it was the hummer card?



I got my stealth retractor about a week ago, and it is WELL WORTH the money. Get the spider pen refill batteries and a few extra filaments. Great stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Moderator

Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Posts: 8861
Location: Las Vegas
fspigeon wrote:
DaveV wrote:
I spent $140 last night on a single coin trick at Magic Live! in Las Vegas. I feel it was money well spent.


Awesome. Care to divulge?

8)


You know the name Schoolcraft?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.