View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Post your routines here
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:32 pm 
Penguin

I really don't know if this has been done before.
But everybody post you routines(set of tricks) here.
And give a little detail in every trick of your routines.
Mine are coming...

Elliot Carver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:52 pm 
born to perform.

Didn't you just ask what trick are good to use? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

How about no? We have worked very hard on our routines and I know I'm sure as edited am not going to just give it up so everyone else can see it. It's my personal routine. I don't want anyone else copying me. Plus, I spend the time, the research, the money, the practice, etc into making my routines mine. And I know the other professionals here have done so as well. So I doubt you will be getting any routines from anyone here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
How about no? We have worked very hard on our routines and I know I'm sure as edited am not going to just give it up so everyone else can see it. It's my personal routine. I don't want anyone else copying me. Plus, I spend the time, the research, the money, the practice, etc into making my routines mine. And I know the other professionals here have done so as well. So I doubt you will be getting any routines from anyone here.

thanks fallen :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:00 am 
Penguin

Fallen, you are a true magicians magician...

You define what 'brotherhood' means to magicians around the world. Really amazes me that magicians sometimes try and act like they have such a respect for the art and the so called 'brotherhood', but then do not want to pass on knowledge to other magicians, which does nothing but help our art from progress.

Oh, but of course I am forgetting the fact that you are a famous magician, and if anyone was to use your routine, it would very much effect your life... My god, for all we know you would most likely lose your job...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:02 am 
Penguin

Dylan,

You forgot to post your routines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:29 am 

A lot of the feeling of "brotherhood" here is about sharing, not taking. Some give and because of that they get in return. Some just take and take and offer nothing.

It doesn't take getting burned more than a few times before you simply wait to see what's offered before giving up your own hard earned secrets.

I give freely whenever I can, but usually to those who have an honest desire to share. To all the "takers" out there, I simply do nothing and they'll never know what they missed.

Have I offered my own routines? Yes, many times. In this thread? No.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:08 am 
Emperor Penguin

DylanTolly wrote:
Fallen, you are a true magicians magician...

You define what 'brotherhood' means to magicians around the world. Really amazes me that magicians sometimes try and act like they have such a respect for the art and the so called 'brotherhood', but then do not want to pass on knowledge to other magicians, which does nothing but help our art from progress.

Oh, but of course I am forgetting the fact that you are a famous magician, and if anyone was to use your routine, it would very much effect your life... My god, for all we know you would most likely lose your job...
Maybe before you say anything about me, go and read my posts. I've given a lot of helpful information. The information has been given to elliotcarver. He has all the information he needs to create effective routines. Why should I do rest of the work for him?

The "brotherhood" means nothing when others don't want to do their part. I can give my advice, and my opinion on many different topics. But I will not go as far as giving people my routines. Not after I've worked hard, to come up with them.

So, before you insinuate anything about me, or tell me that I'm not helping the "brotherhood" of magicians, go read my posts. Just because I don't want to just hand out my routines, because I figure magicians should step-up, and do the work themselves, doesn't mean I don't give out helpful information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:17 am 
Penguin

Watch my last post.
Why are you all fighting?
Can't you all discuss in a friendly way.

Last edited by ellliotcarver on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:17 am 
born to perform.

ellliotcarver wrote:
Hey hey hey , I didn't mean it like that.
I'm not going to steal your routines believe me.
I just want to see if a routine must have bottle production or a real big climax.
Don't bash me.

we aren't that stupid you know... if you just wanted to see if a routine would have bottle production or a real big climax, why would you ask to see our routines instead of asking, should there be a bottle production or a real big climax... geezz, did you even read the rules?

-MagicTay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:51 am 

ellliotcarver wrote:
Hey hey hey , I didn't mean it like that.
I'm not going to steal your routines believe me.
I just want to see if a routine must have bottle production or a real big climax.
Don't bash me.

Thank you for this one. I just responded to a PM to someone with the phrase "never underestimate the power of human stupidity," and you just proved it.

OF COURSE a routine MUST have a big climax. But I really do sugest that you end with very minor trick to experiment.

Does a routine have to have a bottle production? If that's your ending trick then it must have it, however, nothing is required in a routine not even a bottle production.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 am 
Penguin

Watch my last post.

Last edited by ellliotcarver on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

ellliotcarver wrote:
Well actually , i asked my question alot.
Because I see that a lot of people just have cards in there routines.
So by looking at your routines I could if I really have to do difficult things like a bottle production...

Elliot Carver

What a load of BS. No you dont have to have a bottle production. :roll:
You choose whats in your routine. Be creative. IF your that needy, watch some dvds of performers.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... highlight=
something like that would have been a better question... tips on building a routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:43 am 
Penguin

Don't delete this.
Watch my last post please

Last edited by ellliotcarver on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:48 am 
born to perform.

ellliotcarver wrote:
Could you delete this please?

you got yourself in this mess...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next