View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:05 pm 
Penguin

I'm actually going to go against what all of you said to do.

I'm a pretty arrogant guy, no doubt. But I'm pretty comical, and there's never a dull moment around me (in real life, at least?).

I do something above and beyond their knowledge of ever figuring out, and totally stump them. I'll target them with a trick and make them feel like an idiot. Then I get the whole crowd in an uproar against the heckler, which usually makes the heckler [edited] themself.

At this point, not only have I amazed everyone, but I've made everyone laugh, motivated them to go against someone, and dropped my business cards, while saying "I do kids shows too!"

Huge reactions. I absolutely love hecklers... Couldn't go a performance without them. :wink: If you're thinking business-wise that I lost a sale, I'll tell you you're wrong. Because I just made 50 other ones. :!:

Steve Helms

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:46 pm 
Penguin

i have this Routine where i use the stealth pen and a gimmicked card, the card lets me do the same trick, but i hand them the pen first and switch out the gimmcked card, then if they ask me to do it again with another pen/card, i just use the gimmicked card if the asked me to use thier pen, or i use the stealth pen if they want another card. i think you can buy the card somewhere or just make it, like i did... awsome way to shut those haters up. they do nothing but ruin the fun for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:00 pm 
Penguin

Try dough by jay sankey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

c_y_p_h_e_r wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
How about this, don't perform for people like that?

yeah, thats good advice. magic should be done for peoploe who want to be entertained, not for jerks who want to expose you. If you have to perform for them, dont use gimmicks, or do some sucker tricks and make them feel like idiots. This is a great thing to do because it gets the rest of the crowd to turn against the heckler. Once you have the crowd on your side, the heckler is finished.

Theres many kinds of hecklers and you are all just grouping them as one.

I will also go out and say.. That I dis-agree with fallingblood and others about school being a bad place to perform. I go into some detail as to why in one of my essays. Maybe its time to extend it out more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:54 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Learn Misleading Misled. It is ungimmicked to my knowledge, and looks better than the Stealth Pen anyway.

Post subject: Re: Stealth Pen problem
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:53 am 
Penguin

Kamodo wrote:
Its not the pen or anyhing, i get great reactions. Its just that breed of magician haters who do anything to ruin tricks. My school is full of them. Here is my problem. what should i do if one of those "haters" ask me to do it with there pencil or pen? What should i do?

if they ask you to do it again, act disgusted, and just stab the pen in and tear a big hole in their dollar and give it back to them.

Post subject: 1nce a trick 2wice a lesson
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:35 am 
Penguin

just say once a trick twice a lesson or i can only do it once in.... they both meen the same thing and thats what i do so ya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:14 pm 
Penguin

just say..."I alredy showed it to you twice if you do the regular Stealth Pen Routine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:13 am 
born to perform.

people are alwas bugging me to do the trick agian. IGNORE THEM ALL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:31 am 
Penguin

Show them another trick.

Get them seated in a chair or something. Tell them this trick is the magic disappearing $1 bill. Scrunch it up first, then get them to blow on it or something and count to three. Moving your arm up and down over their head, on three, chuck it behind you.

The crowd knows what you've done, you know what you've done, but this idiot heckler probably won't.

A great way to single someone out!

Post subject: Re: Stealth Pen problem
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:06 pm 

Kamodo wrote:
Its not the pen or anyhing, i get great reactions. Its just that breed of magician haters who do anything to ruin tricks. My school is full of them. Here is my problem. what should i do if one of those "haters" ask me to do it with there pencil or pen? What should i do?

Sorry but the problem is not the "haters" as you call them. The problem is YOU. Everybody is telling you to avoid the situation, and they are right, but the problem is not ever going away unless you change something.

"What something should I change?" Everthing. The problem is in the presentation of the trick. Any magic is always very easy to do, but at the same time it is very hard to PERFORM. You are just doing the trick Learn how to perform the effect. Build a story so that the climax is the effect. If you come up and say "hey look what I can do." They will eat you for lunch. But if you build up a story, say, how you can heal a dollar bill up after I rip it.then put the pen thru the bill and just hold it for a moment showing them it is all the way thru. Fianally you rip the pen out of the bill and INSTANTLY PUT IT AWAY, don't hold the pen just ditch it in a schoolbag and then hold the bill out with both hands saying "HEALED!" That is just a quick suggestion build your own story, use the misdirection to ditch the gimmick and the spectators will be amazed instead of looking for a flash.

Post subject: Think
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:21 pm 
Penguin

The way to deal with such rude types is to be...ruder. When they say" try it with my pen!"

say: "Maybe tomorrow. I'm too tired now. Your mama wore me out last night in bed, and doing this one trick now drained the rest of my energy. I need to rest now."

Then, stop doing magic, and move on to class, or whatever.

Post subject: Re: Think
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:04 pm 
Emperor Penguin

EmeraldOne wrote:
The way to deal with such rude types is to be...ruder. When they say" try it with my pen!"

say: "Maybe tomorrow. I'm too tired now. Your mama wore me out last night in bed, and doing this one trick now drained the rest of my energy. I need to rest now."

Then, stop doing magic, and move on to class, or whatever.

IF you cant give decent advice, then dont post.

Post subject: OOOOHH
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:24 pm 
Penguin

So...when did free speech die, Mein Furher? Or are you just following orders?

Post subject: Re: OOOOHH
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

EmeraldOne wrote:
So...when did free speech die, Mein Furher? Or are you just following orders?

ITs funny how people who have no real knowledge of hte law, love to throw them around.
:roll:

Forum rules go first. This is a internet site, no one owns the internet, and legalality is very tricky when it comes to the net.

Even free speech in america has its limits. Dumb [edited].