View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Criss Angel uses a Time machine on Flavor Flav
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:38 pm 
born to perform.

Can you believe that for the finale trick for tonight, all Criss did was do a glorified demonstration of the time machine, and flavor went nuts! I'm wondering how he "borrowed" the watch?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=692 - Does this look familiar to anyone?

Last edited by ayli on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:40 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Would you rather him do a camera trick?

You people will Edited about anything pointless. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:10 pm 

I had a post on Magic Cafe regarding Criss Angel doing a Mentalism show tonight, but the thread was lost.

I think its no coincidence that he is focusing on Mentalism being so close to the Phenomenon show, with Uri Geller, on NBC coming in October.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:55 am 
Emperor Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:
I had a post on Magic Cafe regarding Criss Angel doing a Mentalism show tonight, but the thread was lost.

I think its no coincidence that he is focusing on Mentalism being so close to the Phenomenon show, with Uri Geller, on NBC coming in October.
I have heard that he may not actually be able to do the show with Uri because of his contract with A&E, and him having to do a 4th season of Mindfreak. The last I heard, he was trying to find a way to also do the show with Uri, but I haven't heard anything for awhile.

Also, did you ever find out if you were selected for the show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:38 am 

fallingblood wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

I have heard that he may not actually be able to do the show with Uri because of his contract with A&E, and him having to do a 4th season of Mindfreak. The last I heard, he was trying to find a way to also do the show with Uri, but I haven't heard anything for awhile.

I am not really allowed to discuss anything beyond my first audition. I will let everyone know if I am chosen to be a finalist though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:53 am 

What the edited's the issue? If he does a trick, it's "just" a trick. If you uses the camera, it's a "just" a camera trick. Criss is more famous than you. For that reason alone, show some respect. Now that he's using a legit effect, one that I use, which is something that people wanted to happen for a while, you're still complaining. QUIT WHINING and find something else to do. You show no respect for magicians, which shows no respect for magic. Talk to Wayno. I think he's still selling a "Failed magician's introduction to stamp collecting" on his website. Honestly, I think that'd be a better hobby for you to take up, because magicians need to be able to respect each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:36 am 
Penguin

I was very entertained by tonights episode. And the finale wasn't the flavor flave trick but his fire initiation with special guest Jeff Mccbride.
The reason I was so entertained was Criss dressing up in a salute to Andy Kaufman as an alter ego named Nick Glass. He put on a fat suit and had a bunch of make up put on him, then proceeded to be a complete jackass magician to people and it was hilarious. Things like pulling a mouth coil out of his pants, and a unique take on sponge balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

exodus wrote:
Talk to Wayno. I think he's still selling a "Failed magician's introduction to stamp collecting" on his website.

Heh. Man, I completely forgot about that. ;)

Beginner Stamp Collection for the Ex-Magician

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:12 am 

I was actually glad to see Criss perform Time Machine. It sort of brought him back to earth using a commercial magic.

I personally find it amusing because I had gotten this magic trick for free once when I made an order from eBay. I turned around and sold it for a profit because the trick did not suit me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:27 pm 

wayno wrote:
exodus wrote:
Talk to Wayno. I think he's still selling a "Failed magician's introduction to stamp collecting" on his website.

8)

Thanks for that link. I know a few others that could benefit from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Don't be shy. Pass on the link to those deserving. ;)

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:13 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
wayno wrote:
exodus wrote:

8)

Thanks for that link. I know a few others that could benefit from it.

Sorry, I wouldn't buy anything that has no product reviews yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:16 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

Criss Can't do a 4th season because he has his show opening at the Luxor in 2008. He will be too busy!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:30 pm 

bugzzbunie wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
DerZauberer wrote:

Criss Can't do a 4th season because he has his show opening at the Luxor in 2008. He will be too busy!!!!!!!!!!

There will be a 4th Season of Mindfreak. Criss is also going to do a movie. Yes, he will be busy and probably burn-out, but 4th season is green-lit. (I know one of the writers).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:57 pm 
born to perform.

baggins321 wrote:
I was very entertained by tonights episode. And the finale wasn't the flavor flave trick but his fire initiation with special guest Jeff Mccbride.
The reason I was so entertained was Criss dressing up in a salute to Andy Kaufman as an alter ego named Nick Glass. He put on a fat suit and had a bunch of make up put on him, then proceeded to be a complete jackass magician to people and it was hilarious. Things like pulling a mouth coil out of his pants, and a unique take on sponge balls.

Ok someone said that before when they first started showing more than one episode at a time, but at least they had a reason to mistake multiple episodes for one episode. The fire thing was a different episode. The climax of the first episode was the time machine. And the climax of the next one was the fire teleport, and the climax of the last one was the luxor levitation.

And I was glad to see him doing some actual magic too. The episode that came next was good I thought. He performed that glass penetration very well in my opinion.