View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Please read - need help
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:10 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys, im matt im 12 and ive been doing illusions and magic for like 6 months and ive got sum questions (pardon the online typing lol) but i live in florida and the closest magic shop is 3 hours away :shock: So i cant get a job there when im older :? just i obviously want to make money while doing magic to get more ( i dont wanna keep mooching off my parents lol ) if im performing street magic, how would i state the point that i accept tips..a tip jar..mention it...make a joke about it ("minimum tip is $200 )or what i obviously dont care if i dont make any money i just would like to earn some for more tricks and hopefully have a job in it some day, any suggestions on where to perform magic (once the trick is mastered) suggestions for tips or how to earn money (guys please dont make the wrong impression of me "ur only in it for the money?!" no, and what street magic tricks shock people the most, thanks

- dmmember

PS- ive heard many posts where people are saying "i dont think u r old enough to perform magic" i can understand half of that, some people might think im a lil nuts if i performed on the streets but then if they were impressed does it matter, and ur saying only adults can master a trick to where u absolutley cannot mess up? as long as u have misdirection and sleight of hand, ur good to go theres no boundaries in magic

thanks again cya :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:36 pm 

Several things:

First, this has been discussed many times before. Read the posts here, and then read them again.

Second, you are indeed too young. Partner up with someone who's done it before. Someone old and mature enough to help you out if you get in trouble.

Third, asking for tips is nearly the same as begging. If you have a good show and work it right, the tips will come. The more they think you need the money, the less you will get. Strange, but true.

Fourth, you don't need a box full of magic shop props to put together a show. Again, read everything that's been written here. All you really need is a piece of rope, a deck of cards, a TT, maybe some coins and you have all the props you need.

I'll do you a favor and lock this now. This forces you to read the other posts and saves you the flaming you will get from all those who you have ignored by not reading their posts.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]