View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 pm 
Team Penguin

I wanted a cool card trick to impredd my friend. then I saw david blaine on tv and couldnt figure any of it out so i searched him and got his secrets than i was hooked. oh then I saw tom mullicas cig routine and was blown away

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:26 am 
Penguin

Well at my school a few years ago a magicean came and i was so amazed that i wanted to be a magicean. BUt then i quit magic but then i saw divid blaine perform and i was so memborised that i swore to always make magic my main hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:37 pm 
Penguin

I was inspired by David Blaine at first. Then, I saw David Copperfield and was then hooked on magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:04 am 
born to perform.

It was a slow process for me.

3rd grade: I was first show a cool mentalismish hcard trick by my uncle. Pure whining and repetetive asking led me to the secret.

4th grade: I bought a crappy magic kit from my scholastic book order.

5th grade: Then I went to a magic show in my local library. That magician was reawlly good. His name was Magical Alex. He told us that if we wanted to learn magic get books from the library.

6th grade: I was given the hummingbird card as a gift.

7th grade: My history teacher showed the class a trick. It used the magicians force and is an excellent mind reading card effect. He said if you want to know the secret come after school. I rushed after school and was the only one there. I thought there'd be more, but only me and my friend who came along with me. He taught me the trick and it's great.

7th grade: I bought an OK overpriced magic kit from Houdini's magic shop.

Summer between 7th and 8th grade: I started watching Mindfreak. I hate to say it, but Criss Angel tied the knot and let me become a magician. I first saw his Coin through Soda Can. I searched his site and saw that it was available. I searched the internet for the method(yes, I was a youtube kid), but never found it. Then I found Penguin(YEAH!!!) and bought the trick. Slowly bought more and more while searching the site and joined the forums.

Finally I'm here about a year and a half later making this post.

My inspirations:
Magical Alex
history teacher
Criss Angel
Uncle
Friends
Scholastic
Houdini

I never really got into David Blaine. I watch it now, but wasn't caught up un it before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:49 pm 
Emperor Penguin

nikiel wrote:

I bought the same thing in 3rd grade. The way it worked for me is the they had a different one each time, and you got some new magic and some cheap little instructional booklets. I thought they were the coolest things ever at the time, and I got about three of them before I stopped getting them. Then the "passion" came back in late 6th grade, and it really took off from there. So if you count 3rd grade, I've been doing it for four and a half to five years now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:45 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
nikiel wrote:

I bought the same thing in 3rd grade. The way it worked for me is the they had a different one each time, and you got some new magic and some cheap little instructional booklets. I thought they were the coolest things ever at the time, and I got about three of them before I stopped getting them. Then the "passion" came back in late 6th grade, and it really took off from there. So if you count 3rd grade, I've been doing it for four and a half to five years now.

That's funny, I got the same Scholastic magic kits. I still have the booklets sitting on my shelf with the rest of my magic books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:54 pm 
born to perform.

One of the ones I had contained multiplying balls, svengali deck, shrinking die, hot rod, and a few others. The book's not with me at school but I'll grab it when I go home over the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:11 pm 
Emperor Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
One of the ones I had contained multiplying balls, svengali deck, shrinking die, hot rod, and a few others. The book's not with me at school but I'll grab it when I go home over the weekend.

I got the same effects. Mine had a TT, a cheap Cups and Balls (the colorful variety), multiplying balls, Svengali Deck, a box with a colored cube in which you predict a color, the die effect where it's in two containers and you know what number they chose, an effect with some cardboard and a wand, a circle thing with a hidden compartment, and some effects that didn't need special props. I thought it was really cool when I was a kid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:18 pm 
born to perform.

Was it a purple book called "Transformations"? That's the one I have, I just googled it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:22 pm 
Emperor Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
Was it a purple book called "Transformations"? That's the one I have, I just googled it.

I don't know. Each of the small booklets were different colors, though. I distinctly remember blue, red, and green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:59 pm 
Penguin

I was inspired by:

David Blaine
David Copperfield
Cyril Takayama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:00 pm 
Penguin

An Informercial before they were called that...

From the 70's Marshall Brodien's TV Magic Cards :)

Marshall Brodien was also known as Wizzo on the Bozo show.

Then Doug Henning

KC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:54 pm 
Penguin

Bill Pitts

Bill Rodgers

Bart Rocket

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:52 pm 
born to perform.

I was inspired by my brother.

He showed me a card trick about 4 kings. I was amazed at it, I was like 8 or 9. I didn't do anything about it, until he did it to me when i was 10, and that's when i got really interested in magic.

Thanks, brother. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:59 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
It boils down to Blaine.

I know people bash him, but he's a good guy and a real magician dispite what some peoples views on him are.

I really liked the whole mysteriouse stranger thing with him.

Pauldela

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next