View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

If you've done stage before, then why not answer what I asked before? This isn't complicated, but you are making it such.

What is your style?
What is your routine (as in what effects are you using)?
What is your skill level?
How long have you been performing this type of magic?
When is the show?

You haven't answered the questions you need to so we can help. You asked a vague question, which will get you vague answers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:54 pm 
Penguin

Show is Wednesday.

I don't have a defined style.

I didn't learn magic, I taught myself a lot of it.

I think I have a book on it, but a load of tricks are ones I thought up, that have already been created.

I do dancing cane, If I've got one, I also like to do other levitating stuff, I've got a spool of invisible thread.

I have done Milk to silk, then a few card tricks, then I was thinking snowstorm in china, or something to that effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
The more and more you talk, the more and more I think you should just drop the show. From what you've said, you aren't a stage magician. You're just a beginner magician, who can do a little close up magic, plus a couple of gimmicked stage effects. So basically what you're going to do is just throw whatever you have together, into a mess of a show.

By doing that, you will ruin your reputation. If you've done a lot of shows, one failed show won't hurt as much. It still effects your reputation, but you can get away with it. When you have done very few shows, your reputation really is on the line. And if you screw it up, it's a lot harder to get more shows. So just skip this one, work on a routine, get the effects that you want, that fit your style (actually get a style as well, and a develop a character), and work from there.
I'm quoting myself for a reason. Because you've proven exactly what I just said, and I'm standing by my advice given here. Cancel the show. I think I pretty much hit it on the nail with the post I'm quoting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:10 pm 
Penguin

It's like 3 minutes long, I'm just trying to find a good one that will impress people.

That I can produce.

For cheap-if-not free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:09 am 
born to perform.

Andrew Mayne cheap good street stuff look it up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:37 am 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
The more and more you talk, the more and more I think you should just drop the show. From what you've said, you aren't a stage magician. You're just a beginner magician, who can do a little close up magic, plus a couple of gimmicked stage effects. So basically what you're going to do is just throw whatever you have together, into a mess of a show.

By doing that, you will ruin your reputation. If you've done a lot of shows, one failed show won't hurt as much. It still effects your reputation, but you can get away with it. When you have done very few shows, your reputation really is on the line. And if you screw it up, it's a lot harder to get more shows. So just skip this one, work on a routine, get the effects that you want, that fit your style (actually get a style as well, and a develop a character), and work from there.
I'm quoting myself for a reason. Because you've proven exactly what I just said, and I'm standing by my advice given here. Cancel the show. I think I pretty much hit it on the nail with the post I'm quoting.

I'm quoting fallingblood quoting himself to emphasise the point - Drop the show, you're not ready, you'll embarrass yourself or perform a bad show (don't know which one's worse).

Quote:
I do dancing cane, If I've got one

What is that supposed to mean??
You obviously don't have a dancing cane.