View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:54 am 
born to perform.

Just for interest's sake, over here in the UK if anyone is stopped carrying lockpicking tools (bar locksmiths, and even then it still might not let you off), be they homemade or a professional set they can be arrested for an offence called 'going equipped'. Not good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:56 am 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
thegenius3232 wrote:
mmroczka wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Like usual you are wrong. In some states it can be illegal. It doesnt matter is you use it "for good or bad." Thats just stupid reasoning.

IF you really want to know, use real common sense- not the kind like "genius" here.

Not to ask on a forum full of kids who havent even been in the real world.

Wow 3 bashes in one post...you call yourself DavidTheCryptic, but maybe we should call you DavidTheCritic, because you have to criticize every stinking kid in this forum. Please stop acting like you're "all that" and own the place. Sit down and read the rules again, cause last time I heard, bashing was a BAD thing. You had a suggestion, you turned out to be right. SO WHAT?

Every single time I read a post from you lately, you've criticized someone in some way.

Please just stop, or don't post at all,

Best wishes,

-Trix

I think David should do more of this, because I learn something, and the other people, and I can see your just a starter on the Fourms, i may be wrong, but you have low post. So yeah.

Nope I've been here longer than you :lol: I just usually don't post unless it was something that intrigued me or I was telling someone to read the rules...

Don't get me wrong David's a great guy, with superb advice, but come on there's no need to call us "kids that haven't been out in the real world", and all the other stupid things he said. I think at some point everyone on the forum (yes even the "respected" ones) get a little full of themselves...

All in all, I just don't want to turn this topic into a "bashing" forum that needs to be locked. David seemed to be blowing up at this kid for no real reason, and I think the kid asked something that might have been obvious and David started bashing him, but no only did he bash him he also bashed every other "kid" on this forum.

So I asked David to cool it, end of story.

I hope this helps (although I'm fairly certain that my ear is gonna get chewed off by David later tonight),

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

Sorry to disapoint you, but I see not reason to bash you. You can have your opinion, though I and other dont agree.
I also did not bash the other poster or many others. Critise is not the same thing as bashing. One can tell when I am "bashing." If you cant understand my posts, I am sorry.

I will say this last thing: People are way to sensitive and take things the wrong way many times.

Have a nice day. 8)

And for the heck of it: genius I am sorry if I was "too mean."

Surprised huh. :shock:

8)

Last edited by DavidTheCryptic on Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:58 pm 
born to perform.

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
Sorry to disapoint you, but I see not reason to bash you. You can have your opinion, though I and other dont agree.
I also did not bash the other poster or many others. Critise is not the same thing as bashing. One can tell when I am "bashing." If you cant understand my posts, I am sorry.

I will say this last thing: People are way to sensitive and take things the wrong way many times.

Have a nice day. 8)

And for the heck of it: Google if I offened you in any way.. I am sorry.

Surprised huh. :shock:

8)

It's also very hard to read sarcasm, or tone in written text. Someone might say something, while thinking it in their mind one way, and then the reader might think of it in another tone and the message can be lost. I believe a good example of this was the video by Alan Rorrison, in which one person said that it was one of the best amateur videos he had seen, and Alan replied by "What do you mean by amature ?". It turns out he was asking if there was anything in the video, such as a flash or something, that looked amature. Keep in mind that Alan is not an amateur. Everyone else, (before alan could respond) took it as Alan was asking something to the lines of "I'm not an amature, how dare you,". They then proceded to bashed the person who said it looked amature for about 2 pages. This whole bashing/ganging up started because they misread the post.

Here is what Alan replied to this
AlanRorrison wrote:
What in goodness happend to my post. Let me clarify a few things. I asked a simply question. "What do you mean amature?" As in. Is there anything in the routine that seems amaturish that i should work on? etc. I didnt take it as an insult and thought i asked a simple direct question. I also think you where a little quick of the mark with the insults so please make a small apologie and YES i am asking the others to give you the same respect. I will also forget the fact that you called me a jerk for YOUR misunderstanding.

Lets keep it about the magic folks and leave the childish bickering at the log in page.

Ps. thank you for having my back though.
Alan

*(and then...)*

Please keep in mind that its not because your are reletivly new here that they jumped on you. People here know me and know how hard i work at my art. They understand that it puts food in my mouth and i hope to some degree respect me for that. Calling some one and amature who has spent a life time developing and learning all the skills needed to do so is a big insult. That would be like walking up to picaso and saying... "Good painting.. for an amature" Also keep in mind that it is very hard to read sarcasim or tonality on a forum post.. If you just keep your focus where your mouth is you should be ok in future

I believe that this is true that you should think about how your posts sound when read out load, because even though you know the tone that they are supposed to be delivered in, other people can misinterpret it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:55 am 
born to perform.

While I have practiced lockpicking, I've never had to use traditional lockpicks for an actual escape in my 37 years of escaping. At most, I've picked handcuffs with bobby pins, paperclips and bits of wire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:11 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
borntopreform wrote:
I believe that this is true that you should think about how your posts sound when read out load, because even though you know the tone that they are supposed to be delivered in, other people can misinterpret it.

......yeah, I guess you're right.....sorry David, I got carried away....

Friends?,

-Trix

Post subject: Re: Are lock picking tools illegal without a certification?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:38 pm 
Penguin

baggins321 wrote:
The name of the thread says it all. A friend told me that if you aren't a certified locksmith, and the police find out you have lock picking tools, they can confiscate them and arrest you etc. Is there any truth to this? I've seen plenty of websites selling lock smithing tools, and before I get a set I'd like to know the truth. Thanks.

You can pick a kryptonite (sp?) lock with a pen. I'm sure they aren't that bad, but you still probably should go with David and ask the authorities...

-Strangler :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:49 pm 
Penguin

A good enough lock picker wont need tools that he can't find at office depot.

To pick a lock.

You need:

Needle
Paper clip
Star turning key thing
Bobby pin
Safety Pin
Other small metallic objects

You don't necessarily need all of them on one lock, but various combinations help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Kylini- Do you actually pick locks, or are you just assuming that?

There are some locks you can't pick with just that stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 am 

Sure he can, with "other small metallic objects" My "other small metallic objects" come in a zippered leather case and have a variety of shapes and uses. I bought my "other small metallic objects" at a locksmith supply house.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:03 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fallingblood wrote:

He watches alot of tv. :lol:

I doubt hes had much experince in locks or escapes.

Heck you can pick alock with about anything, I have seen a guy use a Banana. But that doesnt mean anything. There is such a large variety of locks from all over the world.

Some are extremely simple, to extremely complicated.
Then there are combination- dial, sets, digital.
But you "crack" those, more than pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:26 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:

I have picked my mum's old car with one of those L-shaped star keys and a bobby pin.

Yes, I actually pick locks, and I've been doing it longer than I have been doing magic.

I can pick every lock in my house, except my mum's (newer) car.

I learned how when my little [edited] of a brother went around and locked all the bathrooms, then lost the key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:31 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
fallingblood wrote:

He watches alot of tv. :lol:

I doubt hes had much experince in locks or escapes.

Heck you can pick alock with about anything, I have seen a guy use a Banana. But that doesnt mean anything. There is such a large variety of locks from all over the world.

Some are extremely simple, to extremely complicated.
Then there are combination- dial, sets, digital.
But you "crack" those, more than pick.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying I can pick any lock.

Just a lot of them.

I can get into any locker in my school.

In a few ways.

the first, being that the lockers on the first, and half of the second floors of my school are 17 years old and have rusted from constant use that there is a precise place and way to hit them to pop the hook off of it's.. other hook and it just opens.

Also, all the locks in my school have a key on the back, that if turned can reset the lock.

The hole is about
__
/ \
\___/

Big.

It might matter how big your screen is on that though.

Eh.. just about 3/4ths of a regular penny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:43 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Amazing_Kylini wrote:
I have picked my mum's old car with one of those L-shaped star keys and a bobby pin.

Yes, I actually pick locks, and I've been doing it longer than I have been doing magic.

I can pick every lock in my house, except my mum's (newer) car.

I learned how when my little [edited] of a brother went around and locked all the bathrooms, then lost the key.
I was just trying to point out that not all locks can be picked by the stuff you find at an Office Depot. And a well crafted set of lock picking tools can go a long way. But even then, masters of the art still get hung up. I read a story about Houdini trying to pick an older lock, so he could get into a surge box or something like that, and failing to do so. Which goes to show you, even the best lock pickers will run into problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:08 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Amazing_Kylini wrote:

What was the make of her car?

8)