View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Walkaround into Kid shows
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

I'm going to start performing in restuarnant, most likely in family restuarants, with parents and children. As I do this, I assume, sometimes, the parents will ask "Do you do kid shows, as well?" I'm getting into that also. So it'll work out perfectly. I'll answer "yes" and hand them my business card.

When I go to a restuarant, I'm going to have two routines: one for adults/couples etc. and one for families w/ children. My question is, if I have a routine for the families (kind of like a mini-kid show) and they ask me "Do you do kid shows, as well?" I'm going to perform most likely most of the same tricks in a kid show.

Here are some thoughts of what I might perform for families at a restuarant:

Sponge balls
mini magic coloring book
etc.

Do you think it's okay to do some of the same tricks for the families (in the restuarant) than in the kid's show (separate party)?

Tell me if it's confusing to comprehend my question...I'll give more detail, but tell me what you think...

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:49 pm 
born to perform.

I think it'd be okay, but how many tricks do you plan on doing while walkaround? I don't know much about it but I'd figure youd only do one or 2 tricks at a time, that way they'd only see some of the kid show tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:52 pm 
born to perform.

borntopreform wrote:
I think it'd be okay, but how many tricks do you plan on doing while walkaround? I don't know much about it but I'd figure youd only do one or 2 tricks at a time, that way they'd only see some of the kid show tricks.

I'm mostly planning on 2, MAYBE 3. I might to 3 for the couples and adults etc.

Probably 2 for the kids. It's just something for them to see while they wait for the food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:55 pm 
born to perform.

SirJonIV wrote:
borntopreform wrote:

I'm mostly planning on 2, MAYBE 3. I might to 3 for the couples and adults etc.

Probably 2 for the kids. It's just something for them to see while they wait for the food.

yes, well that would be good, because you'd have more then 2 tricks at the Kid Show right? maybe repeat one trick, and leave out one that you performed at the restaurant. then do the others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:30 am 
born to perform.

I think a lot of people are going to tell you that you are not ready. I hear that restaurant walk around is very difficult to handle. And will they even let a 14 year old take that job? They probably would be looking for someone more mature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:42 am 
born to perform.

swatch0 wrote:
I think a lot of people are going to tell you that you are not ready. I hear that restaurant walk around is very difficult to handle. And will they even let a 14 year old take that job? They probably would be looking for someone more mature.

No, no. I'm not starting restaurant walkaround til very old 15, or 16. I'm just preparing. I think I am mature enough, when it comes to buisness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:48 am 

Quote:
No, no. I'm not starting restaurant walkaround til very old 15, or 16.

This is one time I don't have a comment that I can say or write on a public forum.
At that advanced age it must be very hard to get around. Hope your will is made out by age 13 then because you don't have many years left.
Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:24 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Quote:
No, no. I'm not starting restaurant walkaround til very old 15, or 16.

This is one time I don't have a comment that I can say or write on a public forum.
At that advanced age it must be very hard to get around. Hope your will is made out by age 13 then because you don't have many years left.
Paddy

i mean at around the age of 15. I know i need to start as quickly as possible but I just need some time to prepare. That's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:25 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments, btw. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:44 pm 

SirJonIV wrote:
i mean at around the age of 15. I know i need to start as quickly as possible but I just need some time to prepare. That's all.

Why do you think that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:53 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
SirJonIV wrote:

Why do you think that?

I don't know....don't know why i said that? :oops: hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:22 pm 
born to perform.

I mentioned that I might do sponge balls and mini magic coloring book for the families and children.

I realized that, if I were to do the magic coloring book, the kid might expect you to give them the book, as a souvenir. This might not happen, but even if it does, I, obviously, can't give it to them.

I'm thinking about performing, definelty sponge balls. But what else? I thinking prefessors nightmare...mouth coils....card to mouth....What would be a good restuarant walkaround trick for children?

Thanks a million.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:16 am 

SirJonIV wrote:
I mentioned that I might do sponge balls and mini magic coloring book for the families and children.

I realized that, if I were to do the magic coloring book, the kid might expect you to give them the book, as a souvenir. This might not happen, but even if it does, I, obviously, can't give it to them.

Sure you can. There are ungaffed magic coloring books designed as giveaways just for this purpose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:26 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
SirJonIV wrote:

Sure you can. There are ungaffed magic coloring books designed as giveaways just for this purpose.

I didn't know that! Sweet!

i looked on the web, but couldn't find any souvenir magic coloring books. Anyone know where I could find one? (or maybe I'm just bad at searching)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:27 pm 
born to perform.

I also looked all around the internet and could not find a magic coloring that was the same exact kind...

My suggestion is to make a single coloring page (8.5 x 11) with a copy machine. Be sure to put your name and number on the page.. Great cheap hand out. Will cost you about a penny a piece.

This link below as HUNDRED of FREE coloring pages..

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... %26hl%3Den

Don't forget to ad your name and number!