View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:40 am 
born to perform.

Recently I went to a business that sells kids clothes and equipment I.E. cribs, car seats etc. used and new and I ask them if I could advertise there. I told them that I would come up one day and make balloons and do some magic for the kids that come in for free.
I did they liked so I put my card attached to a flier and put on it that they would get 10% off of my show for any purchase that they make in the store.
I put ten sheets in my first display and the next day the lady called and said that I need to bring more up as they are all gone.
I did this three weeks ago and I done two shows already and received three more calls off of it.
So if you can strike an agreement with anywhere that deals with kid stuff try it out.
Of course I have a mark on the back of the card that they have to show me to get the discount so no one can duplicate it without me knowing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:27 pm 
Team Penguin

Glamourboy wrote:
Kyle- I do understand that you have posted numerous times on how you market and please don’t feel obligated to post again if you wish not to repeat yourself. However the vast majority of the posts in this section are geared towards building a show or specific tricks and these have been posted many times more then anything to do with actually building a business.

I have spent hundreds of dollars on marketing material geared specifically towards magic. The last three years of my life were in college with the primary focus being marketing.

However the more knowledge that you have the better off you are. So occasionally seeing what others are currently finding effective is never a waste of time.

True...I have spent I don't know how many hundreds of dollars as well on advertising. I hope you didn't think I was trying to come accross rude or "smart alecky". I will agree that it is always great to hear others out...great ideas usually spawn from others. You really should drop a line to my friend Mike Eaton ... his business is to book out magicians and entertainers for buisenesses and companies. Each person he books has a degree in Advertising and Marketing. He has a lot of neat ideas himself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:41 pm 
born to perform.

Kyle,

I don't think you have ever come across rude or smart-alecky. Just the opposite in fact. I ALWAYS look forward to reading your posts when I see your name. I know they will be informative & helpful.

Keep up the good work!

~ Kristen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:57 pm 
Penguin

I think one of the best possible ways to advertise is by word of mouth. If you can get a couple of great performances under your belt, from there business should just take off.

That's how I get 80% of my shows.