View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Chris Angel
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:12 pm 
Penguin

So I was reading some of the comments about the new Phenom show... and wondered why all the hate towards Angel? I understand why Uri Gellar is a bit out there but all Chris Angel has done is become the next great magician?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:54 pm 

Criss Angel may be the next Great Magician, but only in his mind…

Read some of the threads on this forum and you will see why there is a lack of love for Criss Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:42 pm 
Penguin

It is very simple. Laymen love him because they don't know he uses camera tricks. Like how people love a singer until they find out they were lip syncing.

Criss Angel is not a true illusionist because he relies on the camera. From what I see more than 75% of his illusions can't be done without the help of a camera whether it be using camera edits, effects or angles. Criss sucks. Unfortunately only magicians know this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:27 pm 

jverrone wrote:
Laymen love him because they don't know he uses camera tricks.

Criss Angel is not a true illusionist because he relies on the camera.

No offense, but you're a moron. I know, I'm pretty blunt, but it did get your attention. To say that laymen only love him because they don't know he uses cameras is pretty weak. To me, it shows jealousy. Laypeople do not care. Read that again. DO NOT CARE how he gets something done. Magicians do. Laymen like him because he entertains them. That's it. They like being entertained. They don't care how they're entertained, so long as they are entertained.

As for not being a true illusionist because he relies on cameras, prove it. No one has ever proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is. I know that for some of his stuff, he has too, but not for the majority of it. I've read arguments here complaining about him using a Time Machine. So, he uses a trick that we can all do, he sucks because it's not big enough. He does something big, he sucks. It's all cameras. If you don't like the show, don't watch it, but give the guy some credit for what he's done for magic. He's brought the public eye to magicians again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:45 pm 
Penguin

Actually, people at my school were all "OMGZ DAVID BLAINEZ" before the "MINDFREAKZORZ" wave hit. I think Blaine's pretty awesome though.

I think Criss Performed Wrap it Up amazingly and that he is a great illusionist. But I can't stand his attitude, judging on Phenomenon (I DID THAT WITH A REAL GUN AND YOU DIDNT), or how he eats the camera after every scene.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:06 pm 
Penguin

See that is how I stand - he is bringing more and more people to magic. And believe it or not when I go and perform I am an entertainer way before a magician. The same as Chris Angel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
jverrone wrote:

No offense, but you're a moron. I know, I'm pretty blunt, but it did get your attention. To say that laymen only love him because they don't know he uses cameras is pretty weak. To me, it shows jealousy. Laypeople do not care. Read that again. DO NOT CARE how he gets something done. Magicians do. Laymen like him because he entertains them. That's it. They like being entertained. They don't care how they're entertained, so long as they are entertained.

As for not being a true illusionist because he relies on cameras, prove it. No one has ever proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is. I know that for some of his stuff, he has too, but not for the majority of it. I've read arguments here complaining about him using a Time Machine. So, he uses a trick that we can all do, he sucks because it's not big enough. He does something big, he sucks. It's all cameras. If you don't like the show, don't watch it, but give the guy some credit for what he's done for magic. He's brought the public eye to magicians again.

No I think you might be the moron. Criss Angel uses camera tricks constantly. If you know how some tricks are done you can easily spot his camera edits. Criss Angel regularly uses camera tricks to make simple tricks appear much more amazing than they really are. You either don't know much about magic or you are just in denial.

And to say that Criss Angel is helping magic is just ridiculous. Criss's camera tricks are creating an impossible atmosphere for magicians. Everyone expects the impossible from magicians now.

Here is a little more for you to think about. Criss Angel does little to protect his secrets. Have you seen his street magic levitation? You know the one he performs going up an escalator or completely surrounded at the food court? Well everyone in front of him can see how it is done.

I'll never understand why some of you people just give him a pass on faking his illusions. Does it entertain people? Yes it does. But that is only because the viewers believe he is actualy performing the illusion. If they knew he hired actors and digitally altered the illusions people would quickly change the channel. Wake up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:24 pm 
Penguin

Location: President of the Criss Angel hate club (pm for registration)
Did anyone see him heckle that Jim guy on tonight's pheonmenon? Why did he do that? Make himself look good? IMO, Criss thinks he's better than everyone else. He doesn't ever say anything good about anyone on that show.

BTW (Off topic), I saw Mike Super live a few years ago. He did that "murder mystery" in his act, without the 3:13 part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:50 pm 
Penguin

ZekeB wrote:
BTW (Off topic), I saw Mike Super live a few years ago. He did that "murder mystery" in his act, without the 3:13 part.

Copperfield did a very similar routine in one of his acts. The one where he predicts graffiti. I felt Copperfield's trick was way better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:00 pm 
Emperor Penguin

jverrone wrote:
exodus wrote:
jverrone wrote:

No I think you might be the moron. Criss Angel uses camera tricks constantly. If you know how some tricks are done you can easily spot his camera edits. Criss Angel regularly uses camera tricks to make simple tricks appear much more amazing than they really are. You either don't know much about magic or you are just in denial.

And to say that Criss Angel is helping magic is just ridiculous. Criss's camera tricks are creating an impossible atmosphere for magicians. Everyone expects the impossible from magicians now.

Here is a little more for you to think about. Criss Angel does little to protect his secrets. Have you seen his street magic levitation? You know the one he performs going up an escalator or completely surrounded at the food court? Well everyone in front of him can see how it is done.

I'll never understand why some of you people just give him a pass on faking his illusions. Does it entertain people? Yes it does. But that is only because the viewers believe he is actualy performing the illusion. If they knew he hired actors and digitally altered the illusions people would quickly change the channel. Wake up.

Yet millions of people keep going to the movies to watch stuff like Star-Wars, Spider man, Matrix, Die Hard... all movies achieved with the help of CGI and actos.

I am pretty sure most people realize that what he does isnt real. I have yet to meet any one who believes what he does is real.
Most people have enough common sense to realize what we do isnt real... doesnt mean they cant enjoy it. I still enjoy seeing other magicians perform, even though I know the secrets.

And that false cop out saying his show is making it harder for magicians. Making it impossible... thats a load of crap. I have actually seen an increase in business for myself. They love my shows, they dont expect me to do what Criss does... why... because I am not criss.
So dont give us that bull [edited].

Theres also the point to say Criss did have a Stage show. MAny of the effects he performed there, he is taking on to his TV show. ITs his show. Let him do it his way. It is not harming you. ITs not going to kill you.

He has done alot for magic... a edited of a lot more than you.

(got a break from work, figured I would chime in.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:12 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
jverrone wrote:
exodus wrote:
jverrone wrote:

Yet millions of people keep going to the movies to watch stuff like Star-Wars, Spider man, Matrix, Die Hard... all movies achieved with the help of CGI and actos.

I am pretty sure most people realize that what he does isnt real. I have yet to meet any one who believes what he does is real.
Most people have enough common sense to realize what we do isnt real... doesnt mean they cant enjoy it. I still enjoy seeing other magicians perform, even though I know the secrets.

And that false cop out saying his show is making it harder for magicians. Making it impossible... thats a load of crap. I have actually seen an increase in business for myself. They love my shows, they dont expect me to do what Criss does... why... because I am not criss.
So dont give us that bull [edited].

Theres also the point to say Criss did have a Stage show. MAny of the effects he performed there, he is taking on to his TV show. ITs his show. Let him do it his way. It is not harming you. ITs not going to kill you.

He has done alot for magic... a edited of a lot more than you.

(got a break from work, figured I would chime in.)

How can you compare a hollywood movie which admits to using special effects to what Criss Angel does? Are you stupid or something? People know movies use special effects up front. That is understood. Criss Angel always says "what you see is what you get" and that he never uses camera tricks. Of course people don't think he can levitate for real but they do believe he has developed a clever way to trick us. We all know he hasn't.

Do you really think it is ok for an illusionist to use camera tricks?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:16 am 
Penguin

I just don't really like American magic shows really. I'm sure Criss Angel is a good magician overall, but the reactions he gets from tricks seem unreal or staged. That's why I don't like Criss Angel, because some of his reactions he gets from people sounds staged.

His camera trick thing... doesn't bother me too much, but I takes away from the appreciation of the tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:34 am 
Penguin

Quote:
exodus: They like being entertained. They don't care how they're entertained, so long as they are entertained.

Tell that to Milli Vanilli.

Criss is an @$$ nut. What possible motive could you have to out a performer in his act unless you were insanely jealous of him? (or were out for better ratings from their tank ratings the week prior)

Besides magicians and a Criss Angel fans - this show is in its only season.

Robert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:56 am 
Penguin

Criss Angel, the only thing that idiot has done for magic is hurt it, I tried to watch some of his stuff on youtube because no tv station over here would spit on it when we have the likes of Derren Brown (who by the way does everyhing in his power to make magic Magic, and not some crappy american.... crap), but I found I couldnt watch one of his "illusions" to the end because his showmanship is so cocky and his tricks are obviously camera tricks with stooges.

I'm sorry to say this but anyone that is a fan of his is a fool, where is the enertainment or where is the magic in what he does? Havid Blaine would kick his [edited] as a performer or showman any day (yes I'm aware that Blaine SOMETIMES uses stooges and the odd camera trick but he is original).

As for when he tried to expose Jim Callahan? Jealousy. Nothing more and I'm delighted he's shown the magic community that he is not worthy of being in it because he broke one of the biggest rules, he put down and tried to expose another performer. Low, very low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:09 pm 
Penguin

Location: President of the Criss Angel hate club (pm for registration)
Finny wrote:
Criss Angel, the only thing that idiot has done for magic is hurt it, I tried to watch some of his stuff on youtube because no tv station over here would spit on it when we have the likes of Derren Brown (who by the way does everyhing in his power to make magic Magic, and not some crappy american.... crap), but I found I couldnt watch one of his "illusions" to the end because his showmanship is so cocky and his tricks are obviously camera tricks with stooges.

I'm sorry to say this but anyone that is a fan of his is a fool, where is the enertainment or where is the magic in what he does? Havid Blaine would kick his [edited] as a performer or showman any day (yes I'm aware that Blaine SOMETIMES uses stooges and the odd camera trick but he is original).

As for when he tried to expose Jim Callahan? Jealousy. Nothing more and I'm delighted he's shown the magic community that he is not worthy of being in it because he broke one of the biggest rules, he put down and tried to expose another performer. Low, very low.

QFE. Especially the last paragraph