View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:22 pm 
Penguin

Finny wrote:
Criss Angel, the only thing that idiot has done for magic is hurt it, I tried to watch some of his stuff on youtube because no tv station over here would spit on it when we have the likes of Derren Brown (who by the way does everyhing in his power to make magic Magic, and not some crappy american.... crap), but I found I couldnt watch one of his "illusions" to the end because his showmanship is so cocky and his tricks are obviously camera tricks with stooges.

I'm sorry to say this but anyone that is a fan of his is a fool, where is the enertainment or where is the magic in what he does? Havid Blaine would kick his [edited] as a performer or showman any day (yes I'm aware that Blaine SOMETIMES uses stooges and the odd camera trick but he is original).

As for when he tried to expose Jim Callahan? Jealousy. Nothing more and I'm delighted he's shown the magic community that he is not worthy of being in it because he broke one of the biggest rules, he put down and tried to expose another performer. Low, very low.

Isn't that what Houdini did?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:27 pm 
Penguin

Location: President of the Criss Angel hate club (pm for registration)
YellowSuge wrote:
Finny wrote:
Criss Angel, the only thing that idiot has done for magic is hurt it, I tried to watch some of his stuff on youtube because no tv station over here would spit on it when we have the likes of Derren Brown (who by the way does everyhing in his power to make magic Magic, and not some crappy american.... crap), but I found I couldnt watch one of his "illusions" to the end because his showmanship is so cocky and his tricks are obviously camera tricks with stooges.

I'm sorry to say this but anyone that is a fan of his is a fool, where is the enertainment or where is the magic in what he does? Havid Blaine would kick his [edited] as a performer or showman any day (yes I'm aware that Blaine SOMETIMES uses stooges and the odd camera trick but he is original).

As for when he tried to expose Jim Callahan? Jealousy. Nothing more and I'm delighted he's shown the magic community that he is not worthy of being in it because he broke one of the biggest rules, he put down and tried to expose another performer. Low, very low.

No, Houdini exposed conmen, not performers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:46 pm 
Penguin

ZekeB wrote:
YellowSuge wrote:
Finny wrote:

No, Houdini exposed conmen, not performers.

It seems that most of those conmen/conwomen were performers, to some degree. It depends on how you view it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:54 pm 

Performing for entertainment and bilking the bereaved out of their money are completely separate animals!

Houdini exposed fake mediums. Angel in his, self-absorbed egotistical jealous ranting, called-out and insulted a magical performer. This is a big no-no in the magic fraternity and proves Angel is worried about sharing the spotlight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:05 pm 
Penguin

DerZauberer wrote:
Performing for entertainment and bilking the bereaved out of their money are completely separate animals!

Houdini exposed fake mediums. Angel in his, self-absorbed egotistical jealous ranting, called-out and insulted a magical performer. This is a big no-no in the magic fraternity and proves Angel is worried about sharing the spotlight.

I'm not condoning what Angel did. I'm just trying to state that some of those conmen/conwomen were performers (and not just cons).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:13 pm 

Well yes - the best cons are brilliant actors...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:09 pm 

jverrone wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH x 4 paragraphs that I don't want people to scroll through again. - X

Show me the checks. Until you can do that, drop it. As for the "impossible atmosphere," if you're not good enough to entertain your audience, that's not Criss' fault. That's how I'm summing it up. I don't know how you complain that he uses paid actors in his effects, but also that he's exposing his secrets. edited, name one vaudeville era magician that didn't use stooges in his stage work. Stooges are no different than any other tool magicians use. It's a means to an end. Get over it.