View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I only shop here! That other place sucks!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:57 am 
born to perform.

Hey guys, this is my first essay, so be a little gentle. Over the past couple months I've been here, its been here. Its been mentioned in almost every other thread. The Rivalry. "Oh man, E really sucks don't they. I'm never going to shop there!" and how many times have we heard "Penguin is horrible. E has the best products in the world!" Now I'll admit, I used to be an E-hater. To be honest, I think I am still an E hater. But you guys really have to learn something, bashing any website isn't going to get you ANYWHERE! Seriously guys, I've wanted to leave these forums numerous times, not because of the users, most of you are great people, but some of you just don't know when to stop. I'm guessing the majority of people in this forum are pre-teens, and teens. I know there are a handful of old-timers in penguin town. But this is speaking to that pre-teen, teen audience. I want to say this in the nicest of ways, but can you shut up already. Alright, we know you don't like E, or we know you don't like penguin, but can't you just open your eyes for one second, and think what your doing. If any of you are serious about this art, then take this into perspective, do you think David Blaine spent all his time complaining about magic stores? Do you think Greg Wilson got where he is today by bitching and moaning about magic stores he doesn't like? Forget about it. You know why they didn't spend all there time doing that? Two reasons. One- Their mature. Two- Their SMART GUYS! You guys are spending all you time bashing, your forgetting about what your here for...MAGIC. If you swear out ever buying from any magic store, then I promise you you'll regret it. You may hate E, but down the road they might come out with a revolutionary product. I'm not promising anything, and I'm definitely not sticking up for E, but its definitely possible. I'll tell you right now that every E or Penguin hater has bought from them at least twice. I'm guessing the only reason they hate E or Penguin is that either they have a legitimate reason[20%] or they just didn't like their product[80%] So to close this essay, I'll leave it up to you. You can keep what your doing and go nowhere, or you can change what your doing and become a better person. Your choice.

I would like to note that in this essay, I'm not talking about everyone, because most of you guys, as already said, are good people who know what’s right and what’s wrong. This is just aimed at that little chunk of people. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:31 pm 
Penguin

I know what you mean. However, I think that one of the main reasons why this group continues to say these things is because they want to "fit in". They saw someone say it once, and they think that they need to say it in order to be considered "cool" on the forums. Let me tell you guys, it doesn't get you anywhere.

Best,
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:15 pm 
born to perform.

It's not the website... but the community, Just like penguin we have a small comunity, with our own rules and ethics. Penguin is not really a street magic website, IMHO Penguin is mroe for close-up workers, parlour magicians, strolling magic etc. A bit of stage, but I never saw any stage illusion extraordiaire... It has stage stuff, But its not the best...

To come back on the subject, different people have different ideals, and penguin users have their ideals as well as E costumers. We are verry different from our far away cousin E, wich is a website with flashy stuff, They make magic comercial, they want to make money, and its easy to tell. Their website grab attention, they say that you will learn magic the same day that you order your stuff, that you will pick up chicks, that you will be the coolest guy on earth because your deck of card is black and not white, It's very cliché.

I dont like E ideals, They seek for kids, kids that seeks for their parent credit cards. I might be off path... But that's what I think of E.

They steal ideas from magic creators, from old books, they put an E stamp on it and make it ''new'' and cool. The hover card is an old trick, but they made it new again... And that's what stop me cold

«... You will PERFORM magic the same day that you order! ...»

What can you learn from it, Hurry to order, We wil boost your ego enough to perform even if half of your material is exposed on youtube! Ask them what is a script, what is the ethics of magics... They have been conditioned '' more I learn better I am, and I dont need any preparation because I'm hot look I have E dogtags... E shirt... E decks ''

They dont have Maximum entertainment, they dont have Strong magic, they dont have Bar magic, They dont have seriously silly... Why do you belive its this way... because they want to make a super packet Dvd of 5 hour long with 32 hour of bonus material of a street magic guru that teach how to condition an audience... Good luck with real people brad...

'' I need oxygen ''

Just my two cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:27 am 
Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
It's not the website... but the community, Just like penguin we have a small comunity, with our own rules and ethics. Penguin is not really a street magic website, IMHO Penguin is mroe for close-up workers, parlour magicians, strolling magic etc. A bit of stage, but I never saw any stage illusion extraordiaire... It has stage stuff, But its not the best...

To come back on the subject, different people have different ideals, and penguin users have their ideals as well as E costumers. We are verry different from our far away cousin E, wich is a website with flashy stuff, They make magic comercial, they want to make money, and its easy to tell. Their website grab attention, they say that you will learn magic the same day that you order your stuff, that you will pick up chicks, that you will be the coolest guy on earth because your deck of card is black and not white, It's very cliché.

I dont like E ideals, They seek for kids, kids that seeks for their parent credit cards. I might be off path... But that's what I think of E.

They steal ideas from magic creators, from old books, they put an E stamp on it and make it ''new'' and cool. The hover card is an old trick, but they made it new again... And that's what stop me cold

«... You will PERFORM magic the same day that you order! ...»

What can you learn from it, Hurry to order, We wil boost your ego enough to perform even if half of your material is exposed on youtube! Ask them what is a script, what is the ethics of magics... They have been conditioned '' more I learn better I am, and I dont need any preparation because I'm hot look I have E dogtags... E shirt... E decks ''

They dont have Maximum entertainment, they dont have Strong magic, they dont have Bar magic, They dont have seriously silly... Why do you belive its this way... because they want to make a super packet Dvd of 5 hour long with 32 hour of bonus material of a street magic guru that teach how to condition an audience... Good luck with real people brad...

'' I need oxygen ''

Just my two cents.

Clap*
Clap*
Clap*

dennsky starting a slow standing ovation.
(i've always wanted to do that)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

^^Continues standing ovation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:14 pm 
Penguin

^^ Decides to not do a standing ovation and instead give a whole cerimony. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:18 pm 
born to perform.

^^ * bow and wave to the audience *

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:59 pm 

I agree to an extent, but the two shops are apples and oranges... incomparable.

E tries to be exclusive, and mostly sell things that are only able to be purchased on their site, they try to be cutting edge, and corner the market.

Penguin has things that are able to be bought elsewhere, with a few exclusives.

Ethically they are miles apart as well. Both have their rights and wrongs (some more wrongs than others)

I don't think you should exclusively shop one place, shop a bunch of places, with a good book selection ;)