View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 100 ft Rope Escape
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:10 am 
Penguin

Can anyone suggest a particular thickness, type, and\or proper length rope? Dixie's DVD was very helpful, but I would like a real-time example.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: 100 ft Rope Escape
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

jcs013 wrote:
Can anyone suggest a particular thickness, type, and\or proper length rope? Dixie's DVD was very helpful, but I would like a real-time example.

Thanks in advance.

Length of rope... um whats the name of the escape? 100ft. though can also perform it with 75, 50, 200, 150... almost any amount you want.

There is no specific type. ITs all up to you.

Escapes is a lot of experimentation and trial and error. So thats what you need to do... test different types and sizes.. see what works and fits best for you.

I myself use at least 3 different kinds of rope and different lengths. Just depends on the mood and where I am performing.

Thats one thing dixie covered fairly well.

Post subject: Rephrased question
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:53 am 
Penguin

Maybe I should rephrase the question. What is the shortest length you could use to show image of 100ft?

Post subject: Re: Rephrased question
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 am 
Emperor Penguin

jcs013 wrote:
Maybe I should rephrase the question. What is the shortest length you could use to show image of 100ft?

I wouldnt go any shorter than 50 maybe 60ft.
Re-watch the dvd section on 100ft of rope and you will see why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:11 am 
Penguin

I used to perform the 100ft rope escape.
When I went to home depot to see what kind of rope they offered I was a little disappointed in what they had in the way of thicker ropes.
I ended up settling on a rougher feeling rope only because it was thicker than most others.
I think it cost .60 a foot, so it wasn't too expensive. The rope I would have liked was .97 a foot, but they only had like 30ft left and I had a show that evening.
I asked for 100ft of the rope I decided on though, and then employee measured it off and cut it... then when he double checked his measurements, he had only given me 92ft. There wasn't enough of that rope left on the spool for me to ask for 100ft again, so I took it.
Nobody's ever said it looks like it's less that 100ft, and I guess that extra 8ft missing is an advantage for me... it's less rope to tie me up with.

Post subject: personally,
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:29 am 
Penguin

i use 3/8" nylon rope. you dont need to buy it off a spool, it comes prepackaged at $25. 3/8" gives enough of a challenge without looking ridiculous. i had my girlfriend tie me up with some thicker rope, and her words were "oh my god are you serious? i can escape from that!". thicker rope is easier to get out of and people notice it.

Post subject: 100ft rope escape
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:20 am 
Penguin

Nylon is good. Avoid softer ropes. The longer the rope the better. If you would like more details of the reasoning behind this, pm me.