View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how good is Luke jermay?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:54 pm 
Penguin

How good do you think he is? Where would you rank him among the best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:55 pm 

Blaine, Angel, Brown, and others have sought him out for consult. That should say it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:05 pm 
Penguin

exodus wrote:
Blaine, Angel, Brown, and others have sought him out for consult. That should say it all.

AGREED :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:10 pm 
Team Penguin

luke jermay is an excellent MENTALIST. He makes himself clear that he is not in the MAGIC world. he is a hardcore mentalist that is very determined to fool others using psychology effects and suttleties. he uses suggestion in his shows which makes him unique.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Using suggestion in his shows does not make him unique. The first name that comes to mind is Kenton Knepper, who Luke even talks about. Another one is Banachek, who Luke also talkes about. He's credited both of them in helping him. Then there is also Dunninger, another person Luke has credited. Doc Hilford also use suggestion in his show. Then there is Derren Brown, who uses tons of suggestion, and even had Luke work for him.

Using suggestion in a show is nothing new. Many other people have also done so. I use suggestion in my shows. It's something that many mentalist do, and doesn't make Luke Jermay unique in that aspect.

Don't get me wrong, Luke Jermay is very talented, and one of the better mentalists of this time. But him using suggestion in his show isn't unique.

Also, what do you mean that he makes himself clear he is not in the MAGIC world? I don't think he's ever done that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:23 pm 
Team Penguin

are you saying that the burst bubble suggestion method or the chair trick isnt original!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

girspiggy wrote:
are you saying that the burst bubble suggestion method or the chair trick isnt original!
That has nothing to do with what I said before. Maybe you misunderstood. What I stated that he is not unique in the aspect of using suggestion in his show. I then explained why that is true, but providing you with names of other mentalists who also use suggestion in their shows.

Again, I never said that he wasn't original. I state, what I believed to be quite clearly, that he was not unique in the aspect of using suggestion in his show, as many other performers have also done so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:59 pm 
Penguin

Hmm luke jermay?

I idolize the man for many reasons. He was a great performer in my mind before I'd met him, and earned my respect a million times over....

But to meet the man, was one of the best things ever! He is instantatally nice, and good natured. He didn't treat me like an immature brat, but as an equal. (I'm 12 by the way, so you can get an idea of why this is big for me) I met him in the Rio (hotel where P&T do their shows) after a show, and we started talking about magic and other aspects, when, (you get the idea, we talked for a while --_--).

Then, his wife siad, well, luke, why not do a trick for the boy! (something to that effect). So he borrwed my deck of cards and spread through them face up. He told me to look at a card, and keep it in my mind. So i did, he then gave me the deck to hold, and shuffle, cut and do whatever with. SO i shuffled it to no end, while he was talking. Then I held it out in my hand, and he told me to think of my card (I could change it if i wanted) and snap my fingers over the cards. So i did. HE then asked me if I was exepecting it to come to the top of the deck, and I really was......

low and behold, the card was in his freaking pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry for the neumerous exclamation points, trying to express my idea) I flipped out, It was amazing. His magic is truely exelent.

Now it was my turn...

Having studied his material, and practiced it upon my friends, I deciedd to do an ommage ish effect to his wife, a mix between his creation, and mine, Dead! (for andruzzi, in his book) I decided to try it on him (his wife, he creared it after all). It worked and such, but apparentatally he was talking to my dad, who told him my age. and said I was amazing, icne I've only been in magic for less than a year. and I'm the only one he's met who can do that effect, and then wwe talked for some time after that.

The point is that the man is a genius, and should be respected by ALL for magic and mentalisim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:27 pm 
born to perform.

Luke Jermay is awesome!!

For Andruzzi is genius. I used it about a week ago at school. It was one of first reactions were everone was just staring. And then came the what!!!

I stopped my friends pulse and he later came up to me and said " I would appreciate it if you would leave my pulse alone."

Also, whenever someone creates a problem, the people who I showed the effect too always say " Nikiel, stop his pulse!"

I highly regret performing PK touches. They think I can do voodoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:13 am 
Penguin

Im pretty sure that a lot of Luke Jermay's material is a little different from "hardcore mentalism." He is perhaps a master of mentalism, but his original material is more like Mental Magic. I prefer Mental Magic to Mentalism because it is much more entertaining.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:22 am 
born to perform.

tomrice wrote:
Im pretty sure that a lot of Luke Jermay's material is a little different from "hardcore mentalism." He is perhaps a master of mentalism, but his original material is more like Mental Magic. I prefer Mental Magic to Mentalism because it is much more entertaining.

Mental Magic is more easier to work with, so it can be more entertaining, but mentalism I think could get ALOT more personal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:54 am 
born to perform.

I havent seen him perform before so I can't really judge him on how good an entertainer he is. I have, however, seen and learnt his creations and think that they are briliant. Outstanding. So at the moment I think that he is a good inventor but I dont know about his performance. (I don't count demo videos as performances)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:42 pm 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:

That's an insult towards Luke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:49 pm 
Penguin

well, it might be if it was just Angel, but it was Brown too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:01 pm 
Penguin

brucelee2 wrote:
exodus wrote:

That's an insult towards Luke.

Agreed. Although I don't know the method I For Andruzzi is amazing.