View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: how can I get more gigsd and well known?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:31 pm 
Penguin

hello!
I do small birthday parties with family members or friends, however I am looking into doing parties 9for restaurants, or kid's shows) for people I do not know. How can I become well known to begin to preform these types of shows?

Thanks,
Joe :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:54 pm 
Penguin

Here is the answer.

ADVERTISE

Wow that was simple. In reality you must answer a few questions before you do that. What do you think your show is worth and will others think the same? Also how old are you? If you are young (I will assume you are as most people on here are) then your parents should be the ones answering the phone and making your bookings. They will also be the ones driving you to the shows so you must make sure they are as committed to you doing this as you are.

Please provide us more info about yourself and your performing experience so we can better help you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:56 pm 
Emperor Penguin

First off you have to have a good act to sell. It has to be well thought out, practiced, rehearsed, and most of all... entertaining. Second, advertise! Get your name out there by doing a couple free/charity shows at hospitals and/or libraries, and hand out a whole bunch of business cards that these shows. If people like you... you'll get hired, and you'll get quite a reputation, too if you have a good show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:22 am 
born to perform.

If you can do shows for friends and family consitently and smoothly, you can go places. What do I mean by that? Once you have a consistent routine that works for you, you have to advertise and get your name out in the public. Go to your local library, and ask the librarian if you can do a 30-45 minute show for the kids on a certain date. This will give you a chance to pass out buisness cards and get your name out in the public. If you get a job from there, the parents might tell they're friends, and the publicity just multiplies. You mostly have to advertise yourself. That's pretty much it.

Good Luck. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:11 am 
Penguin

Ok, i have some very nice effets from Penguin and elsewhere. I do cards(Red hot mamacita, triumph, ambitious card, etc.) I have sponge balls, linking rings, chop cup, 2 card monte, and SO much more. I have about a 45 minute show, with balloon animals at the end, but have yet to do it too many times to "strangers'' (I have done about 3 gigs for private parties.) Where can I get a video of someone preforminag a show, so I can get routine ideas, etc. **also, I do not have one of those $325.00 preformance cases/storage suitcase in one, what can I do until I can get one of those?
Also, does anyone have any simple comdey routines they would like to share with me (for example- When preforming the cut and restored rope, have two kids with wigs on helping you with cutting-something along those lines to liven up the show.)
Thanks Soo much!!
I appreciate all responces.
:D

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:49 pm 
born to perform.

It looks like Joey hasn't read one book about kid shows as most of these would've answered his questions.
Stealing others routines from videos and asking for routines from others is a pretty low thing to do. Most will tell you to get these ideas yourself or do your homework.
There's no easy way unless you are wanting to throw a so so show together. Then you will only last a few shows. There are many books and DVD's that you SHOULD be buying instead of effects that you don't know how to put into a kid show.
It takes months to prepare yourself so if you are really wanting to do kid shows get busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:10 pm 
Penguin

Make sure you are well prepared with more than just a show - rates, availability, etc -be ready to answer questions of potential customers