View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: close up magic for kids
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:01 pm 
Penguin

hello i do kids shows but when i was leaving some flyers at a local ice cream shop they said they would love to have me there.

any one suggest any tricks about close up magic for kids , i know spondge balls and some others would be good .

dont know if this belongs in the close up section if so mod please move it thxs
thank you ( dont bash me im ready been doing kid shows for 6 years , not saying im the best )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:17 am 
Penguin

I would suggest developing a routine before distributing flyers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 am 
born to perform.

just about any trick will work, AS LONG as you routine it for kids. That is where the hard part comes in. You CAN get coins and cards to work if you routine them properly.

Ben Winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:19 pm 
born to perform.

They way you talk makes it seem like you are not older than 14? That would mean you have been doing kid shows since 8?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:24 pm 
Penguin

ctopherthompson wrote:

I have a routine for kid shows okay?

why does everyone flame each other about speech? I mean were supposed to help each other out not be a complete [edited]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:41 pm 
Emperor Penguin

YeahIDoMagic wrote:
ctopherthompson wrote:

why does everyone flame each other about speech? I mean were supposed to help each other out not be a complete [edited]

Chill out, he was giving you good, sound advice. What did the flyers have anything to do with it if they were for Kid Shows, and not for Closeup Magic for kids, which is what you were asking us for help with. He was not flaming, so take a chill pill.

And I have to agree with benlewis, except in a more drastic way. There is no way you have been doing Kid Shows professionally for 6 years. If you had, you would be much more mature, would probably use correct spelling and grammar, and if you were really that experienced, you would know that we can't help you. It's your presentation style, and we can't tell you what to buy if you can't give us an idea of what you like, and what style of magic you would like to perform... you should know that if you've been doing actual Kid Shows for 6 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:02 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
YeahIDoMagic wrote:
ctopherthompson wrote:

Chill out, he was giving you good, sound advice. What did the flyers have anything to do with it if they were for Kid Shows, and not for Closeup Magic for kids, which is what you were asking us for help with. He was not flaming, so take a chill pill.

And I have to agree with benlewis, except in a more drastic way. There is no way you have been doing Kid Shows professionally for 6 years. If you had, you would be much more mature, would probably use correct spelling and grammar, and if you were really that experienced, you would know that we can't help you. It's your presentation style, and we can't tell you what to buy if you can't give us an idea of what you like, and what style of magic you would like to perform... you should know that if you've been doing actual Kid Shows for 6 years.

i am chill its just that i find in alot of posts everyone flames each other about spelling , who cares?

anyways im not asking what tricks i should buy , but what tricks go over-well kind of like a reviw i guess you could say .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

YeahIDoMagic wrote:
adjones wrote:
YeahIDoMagic wrote:
ctopherthompson wrote:

i am chill its just that i find in alot of posts everyone flames each other about spelling , who cares? It's because people will take you more seriously if you actually take the time to post in proper English. If you half [edited] your posting, you must be too lazy to actually take advice from people.

anyways im not asking what tricks i should buy , but what tricks go over-well kind of like a reviw i guess you could say .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:32 pm 
born to perform.

When you are talking about "close up" your talking about table magic for like kids resturants doing table hopping? (Chuckee Chesse type kids places)

I would suggest:

Kids Kards here on penguin.... or sponge balls....

Also these table routines from this link here: (Click on Micro Magic)

http://www.wolfmagic.com/products.htm

Micro Magic by Wolf is some of the best table hopping for kids!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:59 pm 
Penguin

DINOTECH wrote:
When you are talking about "close up" your talking about table magic for like kids resturants doing table hopping? (Chuckee Chesse type kids places)

I would suggest:

Kids Kards here on penguin.... or sponge balls....

Also these table routines from this link here: (Click on Micro Magic)

http://www.wolfmagic.com/products.htm

Micro Magic by Wolf is some of the best table hopping for kids!

thank you Dino you are the first one with useful info and didnt bash me , thank you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:35 am 
born to perform.

I would aslo suggest A color change hank... Kids like big visual things! With COLOR!

Tough problem is those things USALLY pack big...

I would get a double change color hang or single... Sponge Balls... Kids Kards (maybe)

Balloons (buy videos at Tmyers)

Then if you have a few bucks by a few of Wolf Magic Micro stuff..

this stuff would big good for kids places.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:53 am 
Penguin

Try INCREDIBLE TRAFFIC LIGHT. It's here on Penguin, it's cheap, and I have always got great reactions from kids when in close up with them. And reset is as quick and easy as can be so you can perform it seconds after the last performance of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:40 pm 
Penguin

thank you guys for your wondeful ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:18 am 
Penguin

Check out close up magic for kids by Bill Abbott. That guy is great and all of his routines work pretty well.