View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: When a spec. tries to upstage you
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:17 pm 
Penguin

Hi, im Ryan and I like to do magic at school. Im pretty good, I'm not THAT great, because im still young, but I usually get great reactions. My only problem is, i'll be doing magic for a group of kids in our free time in school. And 8 times out of 10 a spectator will say, "Can I do a magic trick?" Has this ever happened to you? Because I find it very annoying and I need help with what to say to the person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Just let them. Just humor them. Let them do something quick, or tell them if they could just wait a little bit, you'll be glad to let them do something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:28 pm 
born to perform.

Just make sure you can keep a happy smile on your face whilst they are dealing out three rows of seven cards :)

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:33 pm 
born to perform.

sean_mh wrote:
Just make sure you can keep a happy smile on your face whilst they are dealing out three rows of seven cards :)

Sean

I was a camp counselor over this summer, and I probably saw that trick by this one kid in my dorm about 60 times. He never got it correct either :D

Argg it still burns in my mind lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 pm 
born to perform.

borntopreform wrote:
sean_mh wrote:

Sean

I was a camp counselor over this summer, and I probably saw that trick by this one kid in my dorm about 60 times. He never got it correct either :D

Auuugh! How can you NOT get it right?

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:26 pm 
born to perform.

sean_mh wrote:
borntopreform wrote:
sean_mh wrote:

Sean

Auuugh! How can you NOT get it right?

Sean

No, actually I meant argg...
Don't know why but I did. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:07 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
lol....there was one guy that came up to me yesterday right after I did bunch of stuff on mentalism...He says wow you're mental and laughed. Then he said that I didn't really know what he was thinking and that I couldn't see into his mind. (duh)

Then he goes to ask me "Hey can I show this crowd a trick?" (everybody is watching and listening) And I said "Sure, but remember it's 3 piles of seven cards, not seven piles of 3 cards."

He turned a deep shade of scarlet, and said that this was the exact trick he was thinking of! He flipped out and ran away! Now a select group of people have gotten into the habit of calling me MindMan...

Positively the best moment of my life.

:lol:

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:04 pm 
born to perform.

i say something along the lines of... if i see three more rows of seven cards again, i am going to flip... they usually back down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:38 am 
Penguin

mmroczka wrote:
lol....there was one guy that came up to me yesterday right after I did bunch of stuff on mentalism...He says wow you're mental and laughed. Then he said that I didn't really know what he was thinking and that I couldn't see into his mind. (duh)

Then he goes to ask me "Hey can I show this crowd a trick?" (everybody is watching and listening) And I said "Sure, but remember it's 3 piles of seven cards, not seven piles of 3 cards."

He turned a deep shade of scarlet, and said that this was the exact trick he was thinking of! He flipped out and ran away! Now a select group of people have gotten into the habit of calling me MindMan...

-Trix

LOL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:35 am 
Penguin

just lest them do it, just you are still in control and if you can just mess him up a bit with your skill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:49 am 
Penguin

mmroczka wrote:

-Trix

That's awesome! Too bad the guess wouldn't work every time... That is funny man...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

one time i done a really simple card trick this was around when i first started doing magic anyways

it was the card trick where u lay the aces the kings the queens and the jacks out and you put them in 4 piles ace,king,queen,jack in each pile so u have 4 piles of ace queen king and jack

and than u put the piles together and mix them up a bit and than u deal out cards into 4 piles and whenu flip the piles over all the cards are the same type all aces are in one pile all kings and so own and the boy sitting next to me said

"hey let me try that" and i said sure and than he put everything own the table and gatherd the cards up and started to shuffel them like i had but i said "hey shuffel them up better i did" and he mixed them up good and when we flipped the piles over it didnt work :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:24 pm 
born to perform.

"hey shuffel them up better i did"

Is that a quote from Yoda?

I sometimes get requests from people to "try that" or to "do a trick," and I usually just let them do it.
Chances are high that they know one trick, and that they haven't actually done it in a long time. They usually forget, mess up, or do the same old variation of the 21 card trick.

If he asks to do a trick, just let him. I doubt that he will show you up, since he is not a magician; if he were a good magician, he wouldn't request to show something to YOUR crowd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:07 am 
Emperor Penguin

If you get a heckler that refuses to leave you alone, you might want to look into Joshua Jay's "Session". It has an effect in there called "Heckler Stopper" that will, like the name says, effectively stop a heckler in his tracks. Check out my review for it in the Trick Review Section... just posted it.

Post subject: quote from yoda??????????
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:01 pm 
born to perform.

know i am c3po version 2 im yodas daddy yeagh theres alot of ways u can stop people but that one dude annoyed everyone in that class he was also really stupid