View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:57 pm 
Emperor Penguin

zambini wrote:
If you are going to use a key or a gimick, then why would you need to learn how to pick them?

Thats what I was thinking...
If your going to go through all that trouble to learn how to pick them, them start using a gimmick, why not just start with the gimmick.
This new poster sure is a busy body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:00 pm 
born to perform.

Swift Action System by a fella called David De-Val is a rather good treatise I have on the handcuff escape. It covers lots of kinds of locks and makes, and methods of escaping from them ranging from picking to breaking out.

I'll be honest I was going to get into the escape buisness but cost prohibited me and now I'm firmly on the Psychic entertainment route escapes are looking less likely by the day (although the Davenports were escapologists so there's hope for me yet). Anyway, see if you can't get hold of that book and some handcuffs to practice on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:22 am 
born to perform.

Quote:
If your going to go through all that trouble to learn how to pick them, then start using a gimmick, why not just start with the gimmick.

That's similar to what Prynce Wheeler had to say back in 1966, in his Thoughts and Advice on Handcuffs and Escapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:36 am 
Penguin

SmokingMonkey wrote:
povallsky wrote:
Also, this shop sells nothing but handcuffs and restraints.

I was looking for some fuzzy handcuffs for my girlfriend. Couldn't find any there.

The trashier lingerie shops have those. LOL I think Spencer Gifts stocks them, too.

Post subject: Re: Handcuffs
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:38 pm 
Team Penguin

blong wrote:
Hi. I am looking into some Escapology and I want to maybe start with handcuffs. Where can I learn how to do this? Thanks.

I use to have some notes saved on my computer that taught you how to pick REAL handcuffs simply by using a ball point pen, bobby pen, or paper clip. I learned it and it really works...if you pm me your email address, I will try and find and email them to you when I get home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:35 am 
born to perform.

There are many varieties of REAL handcuffs, and the same attack strategies do not work on all of them.
To again quote Prynce Wheeler: "You can let yourself in for a lot of unpleasant trouble if you are not careful."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:21 am 
Team Penguin

I am aware of that...the notes actually demonstrate how to get out of MANY different types of handcuffs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:08 am 
born to perform.

Simply wanted to again emphasize the magnitude of what comprises 'handcuffs.'

I might also remind anyone reading this who has not done a lot of escape work that some makes and models that will 'yield' to standard 'attacks' will still be difficult due to design, such as hinged models with side-plunger double-locks, applied with the keyholes facing away from the fingers.

Again, the best way to learn handcuffs, if you intend to do any challenge work, is to become a handcuff collector and get hands-on experience with 'the materials.'