View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Kings Rising
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:26 pm 
Penguin

To tell you the truth I didn't really like this effect because it is very angle sensitive. And yes it is a good trick but it is more for camaras than anything because of the fact that it is a very angle sensitive trick.I personally wouldn't recomend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm 
born to perform.

Okay? ? ?
Was this suppose to be a review or what?

Thoughts:

The King's Rising was a response to the call for self-levitations shortly after the Blaine specials forst aired. It is not a good trick in the least and is hardly worth buying. There are several propless self-levitations that create a superior effect with less angle sensitivity by less obvious methods.

I suggest purchasing Andrew Mayne's book Touching the Sky if you are interested in learning several self levitations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 4:00 am 
Penguin

I just got hired back to a job I was gone from for about 4 years….. My boss asked me what I had been up to; I told him I was now a magician
He said
“Oh can you do that levitation trick like that Blaine guy?”
I said yeah……. Did the king rising levitation without ever trying it before just knowing how it was done…..
It tricked him…. Right in his office about 5 feet away…..
It works well with the right angles….
The trick with that one is to just do it… don’t patter or anything, just say watch…. Turn do the trick….
When they ask to see it again… tell them you just levitated it’s a once a day thing……

I use it a lot now….. People love it…. Because it’s fast…. And laymen can’t explain it
It’s only obvious to us…. Because were exposed to the methods of magic…. The spectators aren’t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 pm 
born to perform.

forreststone wrote:
I just got hired back to a job I was gone from for about 4 years….. My boss asked me what I had been up to; I told him I was now a magician
He said
I said yeah……. Did the king rising levitation without ever trying it before just knowing how it was done…..
The trick with that one is to just do it… don’t patter or anything, just say watch…. Turn do the trick….
When they ask to see it again… tell them you just levitated it’s a once a day thing……

I use it a lot now….. People love it…. Because it’s fast…. And laymen can’t explain it
It’s only obvious to us…. Because were exposed to the methods of magic…. The spectators aren’t.

Please stop. . . Writing with . . . a . . . million periods. . . it's really. . . annoying. . . and people . . . can't . . . understand what. . . you . . . are saying . . . to them.

The problem with the King's Rising, is angle sensitivity. If your spectator is 5 feet away, directly in the correct line, blah blah blah - then it's fine. In any other circumstances, it's horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:11 am 
Penguin

I’m sorry about the periods, its something I do that I don’t realize
But I still don’t know, I mean in the eyes of the spectator you are levitating off the ground
So any weird movement or turning can be explained by just preparing to lift yourself
Off the ground.
Your right it is angle sensitive I just think the effect is worth dealing with the sensitivity

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:26 am 
born to perform.

forreststone wrote:
I’m sorry about the periods, its something I do that I don’t realize
But I still don’t know, I mean in the eyes of the spectator you are levitating off the ground
So any weird movement or turning can be explained by just preparing to lift yourself
Off the ground.
Your right it is angle sensitive I just think the effect is worth dealing with the sensitivity

The problem is you can perform it for a max of 3 people, who must stand within the 60 degree visual range, at a distance of exactly 5 feet. If anyone is in the 280 degrees of non-viewable range, you're screwed.

The effect's angle sensitivity isn't worth the time it takes to perform it properly. There are very few situations under which you could actually perform the effect, and far too many angles at which the effect is exposed.

If you want a decent no-prop self levitation, go learn the Balducci. Easier performance, less angle sensitivity, easier balance - simply a better levitation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:57 pm 
Penguin

forreststone wrote:
He said

That does sound like a David Blaine move.

Nah but i'm not to fond of king rising either. I mean everytime I levitate, doing any kind they always walk around me to the other side of than the way i'm facing them. So they walk around me when I do king rising, right there, i'm busted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:26 pm 
born to perform.

I found a copy of blaine show script here's a little preview :

watch... look... watch... watch... look... here look! ... see? ... watch... look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:39 am 
Penguin

Bliztmagic wrote:
I found a copy of blaine show script here's a little preview :

watch... look... watch... watch... look... here look! ... see? ... watch... look.

LOL I was never real big on blaine, so I never picked up on it. But your right he does say “watch” and “look” an absurd amount of times

Post subject: yup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:56 pm 
Penguin

i always hated king rising. even the balducci is better for me. i do that one sometimes when people arent expecting it, or this other self levitation i invented. its kinda like a reverse balducci.my rule is only do self levitations every once in a while, even is its skywalker. dont make a name out of it. do a lot of other things then do one.

Post subject: Re: yup
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 pm 
born to perform.

remo08 wrote:
i always hated king rising. even the balducci is better for me. i do that one sometimes when people arent expecting it, or this other self levitation i invented. its kinda like a reverse balducci.my rule is only do self levitations every once in a while, even is its skywalker. dont make a name out of it. do a lot of other things then do one.

Skywalker is a pretty good levitation. The only weak point is the discomfort associated with the gimmick.

Self-levitations should be used rarely, simply because they can't maintain their "power" if used too often.

Though the Balducci is well known, if performed properly, people shouldn't know what they are looking at.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:47 am 
born to perform.

That made me cringe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:53 am 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
DVLKCC wrote:

That made me cringe.

I loled!!! hahahah

Where were we, Balducci's effect I think is just as good as King Rising, but its the fact that most people know the Balducci, wich is a pain because then you have to preform another like KR. I guess its pretty good still though, these are the only self levitation I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:45 pm 
born to perform.

When people ask me, "Can you levitate like David Blaine / Criss Angel did on TV...?" (which is actually not very often), I usually answer with, "No... [pause for dramatic effect] ...and neither can he."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:23 pm 
born to perform.

when people ask me about levitation i do the balducci one.
not a lot of people know about it here because the show with the masked magician was on an american channel with no sub titles, so not that many people watched it (in israel)