View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Do these play quite well on stage?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:09 pm 
Penguin

Hey everyone, I have recently purchased Making Magic (Volume One) by Martin Lewis mainly for Cardiographic. However, I was wondering what everyone thinks of the other effects? How do they play over on stage and what type of reactions do they get? Here are the effects that interest me:

- Technicolor Prediction
- Ripstix
- Big Switch

Are they worth the time to buy the materials and build? Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Do these play quite well on stage?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:23 pm 
born to perform.

Bobbert wrote:
Hey everyone, I have recently purchased Making Magic (Volume One) by Martin Lewis mainly for Cardiographic. However, I was wondering what everyone thinks of the other effects? How do they play over on stage and what type of reactions do they get? Here are the effects that interest me:

- Technicolor Prediction
- Ripstix
- Big Switch

Are they worth the time to buy the materials and build? Thanks in advance!

OMG!! I JUST PURCHASED THIS TOO!!!!!

I haven't got it in the mail yet, so I don't know. But I will find out. 8)

I also bought it for cardiographic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:02 pm 
born to perform.

Yes, they can all work on stage. Remember, though, that there is a certain amount of audseince involvement going on, especially for Technicolor Prediction, so you and your spectators need to be able to move on and off stage easily.

I've used Cardiographic, Big Switch, and Technicolor Prediction on stage. I haven't used Rip Stix yet because I haven't built a set that wrks smoothly yet.

I have to say, though, that I prefer to use Technicolor Prediction in more of a parlor/platform setting. Also, I use Big Switch most often for kids -- again, mostly in a parlor/platform setting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:09 pm 
Penguin

Ahh I see, In about a year or so, I am gonna be doing a charity event so I gotta start planning so I have a near perfect performance when I go on stage. However the stage is small (around 100-200 people) so were gonna be doing 3-4 shows, would a stage that size work for most of the effects?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:44 pm 
Penguin

Bobbert, those tricks are perfect and it's nice to see that you are thinking WAY in advance. I would also suggest looking into a good Egg Bag routine (I use Jeff Hobson's bag) and a good rope routine too.

Since most of your routines already use a great deal of audience participation I would use the rope routine as a solo opener, you might want to look into either John Zander's Loose Ends or Richard Sanders' Fiber Optics. Whit Hadyn's routine is also another FANTASTIC routine but uses a lot of rope, what I like about the other two is that they use the same rope over and over.

Just my two cents.