View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:49 am 
Penguin

That is not contradicting myself
You did not pay attention

I understand where you got mixed up, you know nothing about restaurants.

IF a man owns 3 pizza places
Named JOES PIZZA, and there is only 3 locations of JOES PIZZA that is not a franchise

If a man owns 3 pizza places named JOES PIZZA, and another man owns a place under the same name JOES PIZZA it’s a franchise.

Now there are a lot of restaurants that end up having the same name usually not within the same area though. Those might not be owned by the same person or even franchised that could contradict what I am saying but again usually in the same area you wont find that.
Why don’t you try paying attention

In any situation competent or not the MANAGER will be able to get a hold of the man who pays his bills. Now certainly he/she might take a while, getting back to you in which case you might try
To get the number of the owner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

1: I wasn't the only person to correct your statements. You either need to realize that people can't understand your poor grammer, or you need to stop talking.

2: You said:
Some times an owner will own two or three locations.
Anything else is not franchised, if a place has multiple locations, but one owner it’s not franchised.

Summarized:
An owner can own several restaurants - but several restaurants can't have the same owner.
This of course is a literal interpretation of your statement. You apparently have difficulty expressing what you mean - work on that.

3:Your definition of a franchise is wrong.
A franchise is a business arrangement where a central group owns the rights to a company name, trade secrets, and image. This group can rent out the use of such copyrighted materials to individuals.

4: Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Chili's are all franchised. So it's very common for multiple restaurnat of the same name to be in the same area.

5: forrestone, you've made it abundantly clear (AGAIN) that you don't know what you're talking about. Please stop trying to give advice in an area with which you are unfamiliar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:25 pm 
Penguin

WOW
This was my fault I apologize
Let’s say that YOU dbaker_creator own a restaurant called “baker Italian eatery”.
And I own a restaurant in the same area, I cannot call my restaurant “baker Italian eatery” if your place is not franchised that is what I meant. If you were franchised and I bought into the franchise then yes my place could and would be “baker Italian eatery”
Otherwise if we were in the same area I would need to call my place “stone Italian eatery”

My definition of a franchise was not wrong; I just simply put it in easy terms and didn’t copy from a dictionary.

’’””” Now there are a lot of restaurants that end up having the same name usually not within the same area though. Those might not be owned by the same person or even franchised that could contradict what I am saying but again usually in the same area you wont find that.
Why don’t you try paying attention””””

“””””””””Those might not be owned by the same person or even franchised””””””””””
This is what I was pointing out………….
I just did not explain it like I did at the top…………
If you knew what you were talking about and did not have to look up dictionary definitions you would have gotten the idea, but again I am wrong.

I also said
“”””””””””that could contradict what I am saying”””””””””””””””””
Because if they were franchised like a red lobster they would be in the same area. And then I would have contradicted what I was saying.

dont say some one is wrong about something when you cant even understand it without something else telling you I.E. a dictionary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:52 pm 

I think you both made your points. No need for personal jabs.

Let's move on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:15 pm 
born to perform.

Consider,

Joes Pizzas set up as a company.

They have no current outlets.

They decide to franchise the business, stupid, but ok.

John buys three franchises and sets them up. No other franchisees and no company outlets.

Point proved.

Dont come with advice thats complete rubbish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:45 am 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
Umm...not to sound stupid here, but isn't this a stupid thing to be arguing about? Let's get back to the topic, and not make personal remarks. How th heck cares what a franchise is? He doesn't absolutely need to know. I got my new job at benihana's without knowing it...

Austin, perhaps you should tell us what kind of restaurant you want to go to. Is it popular? Like Chili's? Or is it a small time, not-a-care-in-the-world type of place?

You got to be specific here dude, or else they will eat you alive :wink: :lol:

See ya soon,

-Trix

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:04 pm 
born to perform.

Actually, knowing about franchises and other restaurant business model's is VERY important to working in the restaurant business. I got my first restaurant job with no working knowledge of the restaurant business as well, but that's not the point.

As far as getting back to the point, it all depends who runs what in that specific restaurant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:25 pm 
Penguin

It is always a good idea to talk to the GM if it's a chain restaurant. However, in my experience, the GM usually has to get approval from either the District/Regional manager or an assistant VP of the company. These people are almost impossible to talk to directly, so the best thing to do is schedule an audition night and try to get the GM and the District manager there to watch you perform.