View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:10 am 
born to perform.

this levetation is okay but it was way too easy, anyone could figure that out well let me rephrase that anyone whos not an idiot could figure it out. Im not trying too be hateful that could fool people by surprise but if u said "hey check this out" everyone would know exactly what ur doing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:08 pm 
born to perform.

Thanks for the feedback. All I can say is Try It! It is effective if the spectator's aren't prepared for it. In other words, don't tell them what you are going to do before you do it.. don't even hint it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:16 pm 
Penguin

This would be cool if I hadn't been doing this since I was 8, and my 5-year-old sister didn't even believe it for more than 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:57 pm 
born to perform.

Good for you, Mr. I'm-Trying-To-Look-Good-By-Saying-I-Created-A-Levitation-I-Don't-Even-Appreciate. All I can say is, just try it at a moment's notice. That is when it will be effective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:27 pm 
Penguin

By my comment I simply meant it was an extremely old concept, and if I want to impress someone at a moments notice, I'll use my M5 or loops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:06 pm 
born to perform.

I understand and apologize for the previous rude comment as well.

Post subject: dumb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:23 am 
Penguin

My post is quite late but i had to say this after i saw the video: dumbest thing ive ever seen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:15 pm 
born to perform.

Let's see your effort at a new impromptu levitation then. I gave it my best shot, you have to give credit for that at least. Sorry it isn't your cup of tea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:44 pm 

MichaelKras wrote:
Let's see your effort at a new impromptu levitation then. I gave it my best shot, you have to give credit for that at least. Sorry it isn't your cup of tea.

If THAT is your BEST shot, you're in trouble. What people are telling you is that your trick is obvious and even something a child might do. The obnly positive comment I saw was a smartass remark by DarkBeam that you took seriously.

Instead of thinking about silly ways to levitate, which in itself is a really dumb trick, practice sleights, practice palming sponge balls then coins after you have mastered that, then look at more complicated sleights like sleeving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:45 pm 
born to perform.

I already do such, but ok. I am also not a levitation junkie.. I am mostly a card guy and perform Aaron Fisher, Paul Harris, Juan Tamariz material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:00 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
MichaelKras wrote:

If THAT is your BEST shot, you're in trouble. What people are telling you is that your trick is obvious and even something a child might do. The obnly positive comment I saw was a smartass remark by DarkBeam that you took seriously.

Instead of thinking about silly ways to levitate, which in itself is a really dumb trick, practice sleights, practice palming sponge balls then coins after you have mastered that, then look at more complicated sleights like sleeving.

It has done well for me in the past, that's all I'm saying. And no, in terms of creating in general this isn't my best effort... I myself am not exactly a fan of levitations either, but Andrew Mayne liked the idea and we published it on Magiczine. I mean, come on... what's to complain about? It IS free.

Mostly now, I stick to card creations. I also recently created an effect called Climate in which the water in a bottle changes instantaneously from freezing cold to boiling hot in the spectator's hands! No swtiches. no gimmicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm 
Penguin

Why did you just bring this thread back to the top by double posting after a couple of months? if you wanted to add something just use edit.

Ben

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:26 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
MichaelKras wrote:

I find this very insulting. What kind of magic authority are you to have the nerve to try to educate another magic student? NONE of us here have the right to educate others because as it stands, most of us know nothing about magic... this was a lesson taught to me by one of my dearest friends in magic and I direct my magic in such a way, with the mentality that I am still a student and not in any way an authority. If all of you stopped the stupid ego-trips and stopped acting like you're all 50 year old magic philosophers when in reality most of you are just teenage magic students, that would be a big first step into improving magic today. Because as it stands, magic has never been on a worse path, with things like Theory11, Ellusionist, and Criss Angel ruining the magic scene. Gone are the days when students would pick up a frigging book and learn something good... instead, Ellusionist and Theory11 have taken over and are, in my opinion, the reason most magic students act like know-it-alls. If you even considered picking up a useful book like Maximum Entertainment, Strong Magic, Stars of Magic, Five Points, or The Vernon Chronicles then maybe, just maybe, it would occur to you how stupid your magical path has been since Day 1.

Before you jump on this, I did not at all mean this for every single member here. There are some really knowledgable respectable people here and this was not at all directed to them. Those to who this is directed, you should know who you are.

Anyways, about the effect... This is just a humble little idea, not even up my alley, but people that use it really like it and use it to great effect. I am now pretty much strictly a card technician, so this is not something I perform.

I didn't mean that this effect was my overall best shot at all... I meant it was my best shot in finding a solution for another convincing impromptu levitation. Why I even tried to find such a solution, I do not know... It was summer, I was drinking Red Bull, and these things just happen.

RANT OVER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:50 pm 

You're answering a post from six months ago. This topic is over.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2