View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:45 am 
Team Penguin

Not much time left, I see...
Just thought I would give some advice...
I am 13 to, and for my first walkaround gig, I would definitly keep the gimmicks to a minimum. Here is a list of the effects I would bring...

1: Jay Sankey's Mercuring! Get this if you don't have it! It is fun to make the ring pass through the spectators finger, plus it will fry anyone and it is perfect for any kind of walkaround! $20.00 and can be bought here or on Sankey's site.
2: Jay Sankey's Stirring Silver! Get this because it is so easy and will fry people with borrowed objects! Can be found on World's Greatest Magic: Finger Ring Magic, which can be bought here for about $18.00.
3: Garrett Thomas's Ring Thing! This is one of the best tricks I perform! It is easy, can be done with borrowed items! Can be found on the above DVD, tought by Gregory Wilson.

Hope that helps!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:33 pm 
Penguin

I would like to know how you even got the gig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm 

Well you should have done the gig already. If so post clip of what you did

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:01 pm 
Penguin

Good luck!!!

Oh and I think I might be brain damaged but I just spent half an hour looking for Sankey's stirring silver. LINK ANYONE?!?

Post subject: Re: Coin Tricks get great reactions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:29 pm 
Penguin

miniserb725 wrote:
BMCrazy12 wrote:
You should learn some coin tricks. like the french drop. that one gets a great reaction every..... single....... time. and you can reapeat over and over and over again without any setup and the people will never figure it out. you can also do it with a borrowed coin or a singed coin it doesnt matter. if you want a demonstration just ask me and i will make a video and put it on You tube for you. i hope this helped and good luck at the gig!

Sincerley,
BMCrazy12 :D

This post disappoints me. Never expose anything on youtube. EVER.

i really dont see the problem looking things up on youtube. i learned many tricks off youtube...aswell as buy many things from penguin and other stores. The way I look at it is everyones benefitting. For ungimmiked tricks, card trick, ect, most likely its revealed on youtube. Whereas if i need a trick like TT or SS ill buy it off penguin.......

edit: one more thing its not against the magicians code to reveal secrets to other inspiring magicians, revealing it to other ppl so they can preform it is actually a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Yup. Oh man do I love ripping off creators. They don't have to eat or anything right? Go YouTube! WOO! Let's go rip off some more people!

/Sarcasm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:40 pm 
Team Penguin

Stirring Silver...
http://penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=6194
Another Place...
http://penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=4390
I reccomend both...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:32 pm 
born to perform.

Those kids... FUDGE YouTube!!!
I think they don't see the fact that "aspiring" magicians aren't the only ones who see those videos. The creators of such effects aren't benefiting at all. If you created an effect and then have little 10 yr olds revealing your "creation", I'm pretty sure you won't be glad...

Post subject: Re: Coin Tricks get great reactions
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:53 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
miniserb725 wrote:
BMCrazy12 wrote:
You should learn some coin tricks. like the french drop. that one gets a great reaction every..... single....... time. and you can reapeat over and over and over again without any setup and the people will never figure it out. you can also do it with a borrowed coin or a singed coin it doesnt matter. if you want a demonstration just ask me and i will make a video and put it on You tube for you. i hope this helped and good luck at the gig!

Sincerley,
BMCrazy12 :D

This post disappoints me. Never expose anything on youtube. EVER.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but he said he would post a demonstration of the effect, not an explanation... just to clear things up.

was thinking the same thing...i would guess hes just posting the trick not the revealed part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:07 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Oh so basically we're just repeating adjones now? Sounds like fun! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:05 pm 
Penguin

Oh so basically we're just repeating adjones now? sounds like fun! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Yup. Oh man do I love ripping off creators. They don't have to eat or anything right? Go YouTube! WOO! Let's go rip off some more people!

/Sarcasm.

what if you dont klnow who the creator is, like i search Card tricks on youtube and this dood shows me something generic....i doubt anyone would sell those tricks. Also people who make tricks reveal their work on youtube often because they dont beleive in making a buck off magic.

-Your library is a "local youtube" think about it. When i was like 7 i used to check out books on magic...that taught me tricks yet didnt cost me a dime, so is that ripping off the creator?

-Remember you suggested that royal road book to me adjones, now i did find some of those tricks revealed on the internet (accidently ran into it searching for reviews on the book), i know how its done, but the next magic order i buy will include that book (im paying for the material). And plus its not my fault its up there. Sure if someone reveals "another side to me" by josh jay on youtube I would report it and try to bring it down, since many of us bought that series of tricks (including me). However if someone searches card tricks on youtube and gets a revealed video of some generic "no clear author" trick then, well, i dont find that ripping off anyone.