View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: flower box
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:22 pm 
born to perform.

hey i wanna know if the flower box is good -is it junky? also if you know of any other effects similiar to this one please post it-thanks :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:43 pm 

The answer to your question is; YES.

It is NEVER the trick that is good or bad. It is the person doing the trick. The best effects I perform use silks, rope, and rings. That's it!! With these 3 items I can run a show for 30 minutes and one that runs 60 minutes.

In the 60 minute show I have 3 different coloured balls that I add. Obviously the 60 minute version is NOT a kids show. They won't stay still that long no matter how good a performer you are.

BTW I just wrote this show and performed it for the first time last week to a standing ovation and 2 encores, so they liked what I did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:37 pm 
Team Penguin

Paddy's correct...

My sixty minute show usually utilizes 5-7 tricks and that's IT! Entertainment is always the most important part of a show...not the tricks! Sure the tricks aid you in entertaining...but they are just tools. The way you present yourself and use these tools are what matters!

If you want the flower box, then get it, but you need to plan out what you want to do with it before you make your purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:37 pm 
born to perform.

I really like the trick, and so do the audiences for whom I've performed it. I've done it silently to music, but I've also written two scripts for it. Having said that, I have to say that the version of this effect which I own is not called "The Flower Box" and did not cost $9.95. I bought it as "The Dream Bag" and paid about $70.00 for it. I've since seen less expensive versions and more expensive versions. I suspect the method is probably the same for the "cheap" ones, but I can't speak to the quality of construction of the props. I might by the cheap one from Penguin just to see what I end up with...at worst, a spare to use in an emergency.

Last edited by TheCaffeinator on Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:10 pm 

I don't know about it always being the performer, Paddy. Have you seen some of the new effects released by companies promoting 14 year olds releasing magic? Those are pretty bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:38 pm 
born to perform.

im aware that 3/4 of every trick is how it is performed however i was just wondering if the quality of the trick is good mening like after using it 3 times or so it will break! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:46 pm 
born to perform.

shteig613 wrote:
im aware that 3/4 of every trick is how it is performed however i was just wondering if the quality of the trick is good mening like after using it 3 times or so it will break! :D

The quality is fine. I've used it over 30 times, and it's still going strong for something that cost me 12 bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

What are the color and dimensions of the bag you received with this trick? I'm curious how it compares with the $70 version, especially since I see that Dwayne Laflin has a $15 version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:17 am 
born to perform.

TheCaffeinator wrote:
What are the color and dimensions of the bag you received with this trick? I'm curious how it compares with the $70 version, especially since I see that Dwayne Laflin has a $15 version.

Colors - Yellow, Red, and Blue.

EDIT* Dimensions (Approx.) - 6 inches long, 2 1/2 inches tall, 2 3/4 inches wide (depth).

It's pretty small, but got great reactions at my kids show by both the kids and adults.

Last edited by ayli on Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:48 am 
born to perform.

Thanks for the info...but if you take another look at my post, you'll see that I wasn't asking about the flower boxes. I was asking about the bag. So...if you don't mind telling me, what are the color and dimensions of the BAG you produce the flowers from?

I suppose I can extrapolate the dimensions of the bag from the dimensions of the boxes you provided. The flower boxes mine came with are almost 7" x 3" x 3" -- somewhat bigger than the ones you received.

If you don't actually get the bag with this version of the trick, that kind of tells me why it sells for $9.99. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:20 am 
born to perform.

TheCaffeinator wrote:
Thanks for the info...but if you take another look at my post, you'll see that I wasn't asking about the flower boxes. I was asking about the bag. So...if you don't mind telling me, what are the color and dimensions of the BAG you produce the flowers from?

I suppose I can extrapolate the dimensions of the bag from the dimensions of the boxes you provided. The flower boxes mine came with are almost 7" x 3" x 3" -- somewhat bigger than the ones you received.

If you don't actually get the bag with this version of the trick, that kind of tells me why it sells for $9.99. :wink:

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

BAG Color - Dark Blue. (A little unnatural, if you know what I mean :wink: )

BAG Dimensions Opened (With tape measurer this time) - 8 1/2 inches tall, 6 inches wide, 3 inch deep.

BTW, my original measurements were completely off as you can see from the dimensions of the bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:26 am 
born to perform.

That's pretty close in size to mine, but still a bit smaller. The bag I received is sort of a grayish-brown...or brownish-gray, depending on your perspective, I guess...not the standard paper bag color, but not "proppy." Very heavy paper...well-constructed.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:39 pm 
Team Penguin

I use the large version. It is much more visual and impacting. I do a card routine with mine...but anyways...the big one is made better than the smaller...even though it costs about 3-4 times more than the smaller version, I would definately say that it is worth the money.