View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:41 pm 
Penguin

CDarklock wrote:
Go to the Gazzo section and buy "Read Between the Lines".

Personally, when someone says "I know how you do that", I act surprised and say "why, so do I". Then I comment to someone else "what are the odds of that, eh?" as I proceed with the trick.

danoreta wrote:
Spectator: I know how you did that.

You: Hush! These folks might think you're in on the trick.

I like both of these very much. You see, hecklers are fueled by your anger and/or frustration, don't let them keep eating away at your performance. All you have to do is make it a joke like these, and they should stop. But, if they are the persistent type, perform a trick that took you a while to learn and would seem literally impossible to do, such as Chop Cup, The Vanishing Coin, or a Torn and Restored. Don't do it with an angry face, smile. Be glad that you have an audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:05 pm 
Penguin

i no how you did that

responses
- me to
- lucky you
- lets keep it our little secret
- well keep that between me and you

these should be said and then you shouls quickly move on. I dont think you should do the trick again with different handling or something like that. you have nothing to prove to them. If there not willing to accept the gift of magic then dont give it to them. Any way I like the last response best. It ussually shuts the person up because it makes them feel superior to everyone else, there not going to call you out on it and explain because then they would not feel elite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:46 pm 
Penguin

Manic_B wrote:
"really? That's an interesting suggestion. I may try that some day."

When you have people explaining d-lites as a guy in the back row with a laser pen, and explaining how they would do an ACR with sleeving... I also say the same thing if they're right, of course. Then, in both cases, quickly move on.

I don't believe in putting a heckler on the spot unless they really are asking for it, and I think they can take it. It's not right to just destroy your audience.
correct!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:37 am 
Penguin

I say great that makes two of us :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:17 pm 
Penguin

Well when they say: 'I know how you did that'. And they say something untrue..just do trick in such a way..you definetely couldn't have done what he said you did...(following it? :P)
Once i did a trick with some double lifts(just 4 cards..)...then the heckler said...i saw it..your just giving me the bottom card instead of top card...so i did the same trick again..only just sliding the top card off the other ones into his hand...then i did it again and he really did think he had the cards i showed him...so when he turned over...he looked totally surprised gave me the cards and walked away while cursing..now thats just where you want them ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:39 pm 
Team Penguin

I always say, "Hey, I do to! Why aren't you the one getting the aplause?" That gives me an exact moment for an aplause cue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:57 am 
born to perform.

Clever :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:30 pm 
Penguin

I either make a witty comeback which says I don't even know how it works or I say "if you know so many tricks than show use a few" but in a kind voice. In a poll Americans number one fears were stage fright and public speaking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:33 pm 
Penguin

"i know how you did that!"
"oh great, because i don't... i just rubbed the card and it changed colour! it was supposed to levitate above the deck and turn over! :D"

(change it to suit the trick lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:53 pm 
Penguin

PunkMagic289 wrote:
If someone says that then say "okay, but the difference is, i actually can do it.

Nice one ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:24 pm 
Penguin

Heckler: "I know how you did that!"

Me: "Shhhh! Don't tell me! I want to figure it out for myself!"

Heckler: "You just did [some method here]!"

Me: (very slight pause) "Uh... yes! Sure. That's exactly how I do it!"

(if you say the above line just right, everyone will assume you're lying because you're a magician and spectators are used to not believing a word you say... even if the heckler got it right!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 pm 
Penguin

With a stripper deck:

Spec: I know how you do that!

Me: Oh really? Well in that case you should know that when I pick up one
card I really pick up two, ( Demonstrate that there is one card) Place the card on the bottom, ( put the card in the middle) and do not shuffle ( shuffle three times quickly) and from there it is simple to find your card! ( cut card to top of deck). This wouldn't happen to be it by any chance, would it? ( In your sweetest voice)

That will shut up a heckler very fast and very easy, plus it is a good trick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:27 pm 
born to perform.

Did anyone mention ignoring them? People will just tell them to be quiet if they are enjoying it anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:28 pm 
Penguin

ive been to this topic many times but something happened recently that I thought was hilarious. I was doing a trick and this guy goes, "I know how you did that." And just as I was about to say one of the lines given on here a girl from the audeince I was showing goes "Shut the f*ck up because I don't know and don't want to know you [edited]! If you don't like being entertained then f*cking leave!!!!" And the guy turned all red and walked away. ahahaahahaah! I laughed for so long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 am 
Penguin

Spec: I know how you did that!

Magi: Beleive it or not so do I!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next