View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The Dove Pan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:21 pm 
born to perform.

Hey,

I getting together my kid show routine. And for my finale, I'm going to use a dove pan. What I'm going to do, is, of course, put flash paper in, then add some salt and some other ingredients. And I produce a flash and comes tons candy and a balloon animal for the birthday child.

I do not own a dove pan, yet. I'm looking into one, but not sure what's the best, but still nothing beyond what I'm looking to do.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=4685

I want something like this....anyone else? What do you think?

BTW, you like my idea of the use of the dove pan? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:14 pm 
born to perform.

Hi SirJonIV,

As far as Dove Pans go. The Morrissey pan is a great choice. It has a larger load capacity , and as far as quality goes..........well let's just say that mine is almost 30 years old and still going strong.

So Yes. I think you've chosen the best one out there.

Your idea of the pan's use sounds good to me. Next time we chat online I'll give you an alternative to using fire, and an idea for a routine that uses the birthday child as well.

Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:19 pm 
born to perform.

I own a double load Duck Pan. It's bigger than a Dove Pan and allows for two separate productions...although you can use it for just one. The size difference is important for me as I produce things like a large size tiered birthday cake and a giant frog. Even if you stick with a Dove Pan, I'd recommend a double load version just for the versatility.

I'm not sure I'd produce a balloon animal, though, since it could pop or deflate in the pan. I wouldn't want to take a risk like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm 
born to perform.

We have a rabbit pan, which my daughter loves. Its extra room is really great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:50 pm 
Penguin

I have been looking into getting a dove pan also. The description does not specify on size, how big is the Morrissey? I still am looking into getting a few more tricks before I start putting together a routine (a couple books too).
Thanks,
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:08 pm 
born to perform.

CardCupMaster wrote:
I have been looking into getting a dove pan also. The description does not specify on size, how big is the Morrissey? I still am looking into getting a few more tricks before I start putting together a routine (a couple books too).
Thanks,
Chris

The Morrissey Dove Pan is 6" in diameter, and holds a substantial load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 pm 
born to perform.

If you are ueing the dove pan to produce a dove, the standard size is 8" to allow enough room for the dove. If you are using it just to produce candy or the like you can use a smaller pan like the one mentioned above (a chick pan) and then there is one smaller called a cupcake pan and then one larger called a rabbit pan. Hope this helped.

Zambini

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:10 pm 
born to perform.

zambini wrote:
If you are ueing the dove pan to produce a dove, the standard size is 8" to allow enough room for the dove.

Zambini

Zambini is correct. The Dove Pan is 8" in diameter. I typed a 6 instaed of an 8. :oops: Thanks Zambini !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

I agree with both of you. However, I'm not going to produce a dove, or a bigger object. If anything I need a 6 inch dove pan.

Thanks guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:15 pm 
Penguin

I just ordered my dove pan, and want to use it as a finale in my kids show. What I want to do is have candy appear, and was wondering which type of candy I should produce. Also, is there any other "fun" food that would be child friendly to produce rather than candy? Ex: popcorn?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:25 pm 

If you want to use candy, be prepared for them to storm the stage. Good luck producing it and not giving it out. So, what do you do? Get the parents permission FIRST. You need to be aware of allergies, diabetes, things like that. If you want to produce candy and give it away and all the permissions are there, go with something wrapped and sealed. No open candy like Skittles, or even Hershey Kisses as they are too susceptable to tampering. One sick kid and it's all your fault, even if it isnt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:51 pm 
Penguin

If I were to produce Halloween kid sized candy, I would definitely ask the parents for permission and make sure of the allergy situation. With that in mind, would it be smart to produce something other than candy, such as popcorn or even something other than food maybe?