View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:21 pm 
Penguin

Ya dude, this guy is amazing. I never thought I'd meet someone here that has seen some of his stuff. His stuff really works, definately made a huge improvement on me.

edit:Wow, after rereading now I saw that you used a lot of his ideas. Thats amazing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:38 pm 
born to perform.

Am i the only one that read the original when it was written? Anyway, good essay, not that different from the original though, more organised.

Post subject: its both of these worlds that i love
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:11 am 
Penguin

I fell in love with the Magic world when I was 17. I fell in love with the Seduction community when I was 23. It was through these that I began to study the psychology behind dating, and behind magic. They both have many parallels! Its great. This is a wonderful essay! Kudos all the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:27 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
I like you Magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:06 pm 
born to perform.

Just one thing - hair doesn't need to sit only on your head. If you want a beard have a beard, just go for something on the conservative side and make sure it's neat and trimmed. I do.

Other than that, well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

povallsky wrote:
Just one thing - hair doesn't need to sit only on your head. If you want a beard have a beard, just go for something on the conservative side and make sure it's neat and trimmed. I do.

Tell that to Eugene Burger.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:17 am 
born to perform.

magikrn wrote:
povallsky wrote:

Tell that to Eugene Burger.... :D

HA!
:lol:

Dan,
Great essay.
I'm not sure what the problem was with your points on the uses of touching, but I would tend to agree with them, since physical contact is connected to almost all personal relationships.

I'm not going to get into my own dating advice, since my girlfriend reads my posts on occasion and I don't want her to know when I'm using tricks on her. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:21 pm 
born to perform.

I have to admit, I was very intrigued by thie title of this post. I did not know what to expect, but decided to have a Looksy.

First I found the material very well thought out, and while I expected it to be more manipulative, it isn't. Bravo to the OP.

Basically it just says a lot of things which on hindsight are common sense. Guys need to stop worshipping girls and putting them on pedestals, or they will always be in the " friend zone." let me elaborate just a bit. When a guy " Worships me" My creep factor goes off the wall. he is " too interested" for me to ever relax. On the other hand, i know that he is only talking to me because he is attracted to me. let's face it, if he weren't he'd be talking to that other girl over there..( darn the hussy..)

There is nothing wrong with allowing a girl to know you find her attractive, just do not obsess. If you try to deny it you just come across as deceptive.

And although you are a magician this isn't GOOD deception. The best way to communicate this IS by touching. it shows you see her as just a person...regardless of the fact that she is " built like the proverbial outhouse." She would rather you show an indifference to the idea of respectful bodilly contact...( notice the word respectful) than you show a compulsion to avoid it... that communicates insecure neediness, and creepiness.

As many more than likely know by now i am a born Again Christian, I only say that to state, that in my opinion what that other Christian had to say was kind of self righteous. The material as presented was religious-neutral as it was intended to be received.

I am also happilly married, and let me say if my husband had been afraid to touch or hold my hand on a first date, there may not have been a second. Don't paw her, but do not be afraid to " guide" or " hold " her. Magic IS a perfect opportunity to break the Physical touch barrier...

And yes, though you may think it won't work playful cuffing of the shoulder, or gaining of attention by tugging at the elbow, communicates confidence and fearlessness.

I applaud the poster that started this. I think guys need to stop worshipping women, and treating them more like equals. And this in that sense serves that purpose. Share your magic, who knows one day you may meet a girl even more attracted to magic than you imagine... we ARE out there after all :-)

I just wanted to add one More thing. Guys, if you managed to get to your first date, i know a Lot of guys worry if she likes them. This is kind of ridiculous. Of course she likes you, if she did not like you, she would not be with you. She would more than likely be at home watching some video, or with someone else. If she is having dinner with you...relax, she already likes you. By over worrying all you do is shoot yourself in the foot. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

wow, thanks a lot for that, it seems really well thought out and I think it's a real confidence booster :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:55 pm 
Penguin

I have been very happily married for eight years to a beautiful woman, and magic was part of the reason I caught her interest. I think this post has some great points and that it is well written and thorough. Well done! Don't knock what your magic has to offer you. You won't be able to help it either way if it is really in your blood. I now have two children. My youngest son named Aidan Dai. Dai after Dai Vernon. If you can get your girl to name your children after a magician I think you got a keeper!!

Last edited by elitewc on Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm 
born to perform.

elitewc wrote:
My youngest son named Aidan Dai. Dai after Dai Vernon. If you can get your girl to name your children after a magician I think you got a keeper!!

That's pretty cool that you'd use Dai Vernon's nickname for your youngest child's middle name. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:15 pm 
Team Penguin

Or you can get girls the normal way LOL.

-Mark Tirone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:40 am 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
I would like to make a public apology since I am the jerk christian that spoke stupidly a year ago in this topic.

While I do not agree with all of the authors points, for the most part, we came to an understanding. I poorly phrased what I was thinking at the time, and I really am sorry for that. I hope you all don't view me as a self-righteous fool. Christian or not, everyone makes mistakes and acts like a fool every now and again.

Please except my apology,

-Trix

ps I have edited my previous post, because I don't want anyone to be swayed by my poor judgement.