View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:04 am 
Emperor Penguin

evanbishop wrote:
Sorry Dave and others, I just was having one of those days, if you know what I mean. I didn't mean to offend anyone. :D

None taken, it can be hard to "read" ones tone and feelings over a forum.

I am not angry so much, but as said "frustrated."

You get annoyed by arguing, I get annoyed by these kinds of topics.

You ask do we want out art like this... full of arguing.... no we dont want it full of that. Debate yes, thats healthy.

But I can ask... do we want our art full of wannabe, fake as, egotistcal, youtube and magic-less performers... that call them selves real magicians?
I for one dont. I dont consider any one that only performs on youtube a magician.
If it is footage from a real show, thats different. But I would call those youtube magicians. As they, generally have real performance skills.
Being a youtube "magician" proves nothing but that; you probalby have little to no performance skills and rarely if ever perform for real people (other than friends and family).

And not to reply to these topics? Why... they were posted for replies both positive and negative. If you just expect positive responses... thats just :roll:
You get no where with that kind of mind set or atmosphere. If all I were to do is babby people here, and sugar coat everything, I wouldnt really be helping... in fact it would be hurting them even more.

And I did actually answer his question. He just didnt get the answer he wanted.
----------------------------------------------

And to supertom- big whoop you met people from a tv show americas got talent... That doesnt impress me. And no, I didnt see them. I dont care for these types of shows... I personally think they are stupid.
I dont watch "reality" tv shows or contests like america has talent- truthfuly I watched it once with some friends with that ventriloquist performance.

I could say that I know performers that have world record in escapes, have been on ripleys, have worked with some master magicians, have been to the magic castle, have met david copperfield... i could go on... now whether these are true or not means nothing of my skill in magic.
To think that is immature and arrogant.

And why you bothered to mention that little tidbit of yours... just baffels me. It has little to do with this topic. To me it sounds as if your just trying to show me up, or make me feel bad... who knows.
But again I say, I dont really care if met them and they give you tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm 
Penguin

yes i dont want to start anything. ive been calm in all my posts rather than be an idiot to fellow magicians.
Also please DONT ever call me a newcommer to magic, just because i dont have 5,ooo posts or whatever. I dont spend all my time on my computer, i like to play sports etc.
thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:33 pm 
Emperor Penguin

supertom wrote:
yes i dont want to start anything. ive been calm in all my posts rather than be an idiot to fellow magicians.
Also please DONT ever call me a newcommer to magic, just because i dont have 5,ooo posts or whatever. I dont spend all my time on my computer, i like to play sports etc.
thanks

I will call you a new commer, you have yet to prove other wise.
Though I re-read my last post, and dont see where I did in the first place.

Posts dont mean anything. I have been here for a while, and tend to help people in one way or another.
But I also go to college (working on my second degree), have a job, go to parties, review movies, travel a bit for my shows, and quite a bit more.

But if you want to start a youtube magician contest... you must actually spend a lot of time on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:27 am 
born to perform.

i reckon Roy Raphaeli

as if you search card trick his handling of Jumping Gemini pops up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBvl1kuPLC8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:15 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Though I re-read my last post, and dont see where I did in the first place

i wasnt saying that to you, it was to another person who made a comment earlier.

And you expect i only do magic on youtube...your wrong there. Youtube plays a tiny part of any magic thing i do. I do shows, kids parties etc. And getting paid a fair bit an hour, which is good for only being 15. I dont know why, people seem to like to pay alot when i do a party...
You know you remind me of someone really mean i used to know, right before my parents died.
thanks for the support. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

supertom wrote:
Quote:
Though I re-read my last post, and dont see where I did in the first place

i wasnt saying that to you, it was to another person who made a comment earlier.

And you expect i only do magic on youtube...your wrong there. Youtube plays a tiny part of any magic thing i do. I do shows, kids parties etc. And getting paid a fair bit an hour, which is good for only being 15. I dont know why, people seem to like to pay alot when i do a party...
You know you remind me of someone really mean i used to know, right before my parents died.
thanks for the support
. :roll:

Nice touch :roll:

Doesnt change how I feel about you or this topic.
Your just tring to get sympathy.

I dont have to support you or this topic. Thats not what we are here for... if you dont understand that you will have big problems in the real world.

And they might just being paying you for pitty sake... who knows.

You kids are so sensative.. one person disagrees and you start whinning.
You expect to come on here and have every one be nice, and agreable, and sweet to you... thats not how life is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:07 pm 
Penguin

hey man thanks for the help.
And i dont care about you. whether you make a million, whether you starve to death...i dont care!
Also im looking forward to seeing you on Tv and at all the great live shows! :roll:

Post subject: What is wrong with you?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:24 pm 
Penguin

hey I am the judge of this.... why taking all of ur anger against Tom huh? firstly, do you have a life? because joining in at 2004 and posting over 5000 posts, i dont think u have. is this what you do for a living? making inappropiate comments on topics that you dont like? you wouldnt like it when people post hate comments in your topics would you? i cant believe you....

Post subject: Re: What is wrong with you?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:09 am 
born to perform.

junster333 wrote:
hey I am the judge of this.... why taking all of ur anger against Tom huh? firstly, do you have a life? because joining in at 2004 and posting over 5000 posts, i dont think u have. is this what you do for a living? making inappropiate comments on topics that you dont like? you wouldnt like it when people post hate comments in your topics would you? i cant believe you....

Now what makes me think that you and tom are the same guy? :roll:

Nevertheless, 5000 posts over 3 years = 4 per day - not that much. David knows alot and he makes it a point to comment when he has something to add, there's nothing wrong with that. Secondly, Dave and I are both back in college as well as working full time (correct me if I'm wrong Dave). Trying to lend knowlege and experience to the forum is our down time.

As far as his comments being "inappropriate", what makes them so? You disagreeing with him makes it inappropriate? Pick up a dictionary and look up the word "arrogance", you should see a lovely 1x2 of yourself near the margin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:19 pm 
Penguin

hey we are not the same guy. junster333, his name is jun ho.
And fine, to the people who think this was a bad idea. we think it is and thats all that matters to us.
And please try to be calm. if you look at my previous posts you will see i am calm and take it gently throughout. i advise you to aswel.
And if i were you, i would diversify your portfolio.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

supertom wrote:
hey we are not the same guy. junster333, his name is jun ho.
And fine, to the people who think this was a bad idea. we think it is and thats all that matters to us.
And please try to be calm. if you look at my previous posts you will see i am calm and take it gently throughout. i advise you to aswel.
And if i were you, i would diversify your portfolio.

Hmm, similar writing styles, same poor grammar, same rhetoric, how could I have come to such a conclusion! Also, thanks for pointing out the difference in names (since that makes soooo much difference). :roll:

As for being calm, bull. You flew off the handle through half the thread, and now you're trying to flip it and take the "holier than thou" approach.

"diversify your portfolio"?
What on earth are you talking about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:05 pm 
Penguin

tom based on your youtube videos it seems like you just need to relax and have fun doing magic thats what its all about you are too serious.

oh ya and no I will not be in your contest magic is not a competative sport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:09 pm 
born to perform.

handwerker wrote:
tom based on your youtube videos it seems like you just need to relax and have fun doing magic thats what its all about you are too serious.

oh ya and no I will not be in your contest magic is not a competative sport.

Well, except for FISM :lol:

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

And monthly contests at most IBM rings.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:09 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
"diversify your portfolio"?
What on earth are you talking about?

Oh i assumed your smart.
but stop with the RAH. custructive critism is apriciated but please dont go over the top with it.
Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next