View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Street style
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:42 pm 
born to perform.

This is a topic for you to tell what you wear out on the streets. if you wear somthing for a spacific reason then tell us here, I personaly dress cut casual with a grey volcom jacket. I also wear a grey fadora backwards because i juggle and need to see past the brim. If you have any tips on how to dress for success and maximum eficentcy(sp) say it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:54 pm 
Penguin

Ive heard people before say that you should dress one level above the spectators your going to perform for. I just dress in a nice polo shirt and some dark blue jeans. Normally keep up on nice clean shoes and I also normally where a hat. I have rubber bands on my wrist for band magic, and a deck in my pocket. Thats my typical street wear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:03 pm 

If you are talking about busking the costume you wear is important. If you are thinmking of blaining then no one cres what you wear.

My costume makes me stand out in a crowd because I want people to see me. I wear grey pants, with a white shirt, a western style bow tie with a vest and a bowler hat (like Gazzo's hat.) this way I don't look like a bum but I do stand out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:17 am 
Team Penguin

Paddy, you probbably look as stupid as you sound. It matters not what you wear, as long asw the magic is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:21 am 
Emperor Penguin

Popchris wrote:
Paddy, you probbably look as stupid as you sound. It matters not what you wear, as long asw the magic is good.

Nobody here could have put it better. It doesn't matter what you wear, as long as the magic is good. So why are you saying he probably looks stupid? I think yoru two statements contradict each other. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am 
Team Penguin

I haven't had good experiences with Paddy before... It is more of an inside thing, really...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:31 am 
Emperor Penguin

Popchris wrote:
That is one of the most ignorant things I've heard for quite sometime. You have no idea what you're talking about. If I wear all black clothing, have a multi-colored mohawk, have piercings all over, and am tattooed covered, do you think I will be getting any corporate gigs, children's shows, restaurant gigs, etc? No, because I would look like a freak.

Appearance means a lot. If you dress like a slob, people will assume exactly that. If you dress professionally, people will treat you professionally. It just how life is. People judge you from the moment they lay eyes on you. It's a natural reaction. And that first impression can either make you or break you.

My advice to you Popchris is to take some classes in psychology. This way, before you insult someone who knows what they are talking about, you may actually have somewhat of a clue of what you're talking about. Because as of now, it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 am 
Emperor Penguin

Popchris wrote:
I haven't had good experiences with Paddy before... It is more of an inside thing, really...
Then bring it up in PM's. Don't waste our time, and give crappy advice because you have a personal grudge against someone. Mature up a little bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Popchris wrote:

It does matter to some degree. Just like how you dress for a job interview.
It says something about you, your show, your style...
You usually want your clothing to fit with your style and theme.
Its part of you and your presentation.

People will generally make quick descisions based on what they see first- you and your clothes. what you decide to wear can put people off, lower your tips, get people that you dont want.

I am more apt to go see a performer dressed like Gazzo, than a person dressed as criss angle. If I do go over to the "punk" person, it would mostly likely be to laugh at, judge, not to tip.

Appearance is important. Whether you believe it or not.

Not to mention what you wear can either assist in your performance or restrict it: Movement, comfort, pockets, heat/cold, vision, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:40 pm 

Popchris wrote:

Are you a blonde?? I really think so. Do you know what the worst six years in the life of a blonde are?

Third grade.

It fits you.

edit, oops big fingers caused a couple of typos I missed.

Last edited by paddy on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:33 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
Popchris wrote:

Are you a blonde?? I really think so. Dou you know what the worst six years in the life of a blode are?

Third grade.

It fits you.

The worst six years? Third grade? Third grade isn't six years. At least it wasn't for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:53 pm 
born to perform.

The way you dress does matter a bit. Yes, the magic is very important and more important than the way you dress but one should still try to wear some clean clothes and not some white tee that has some spaghetti stains from last night!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:34 pm 
Emperor Penguin

hollisd wrote:
paddy wrote:
Popchris wrote:

Are you a blonde?? I really think so. Dou you know what the worst six years in the life of a blode are?

Third grade.

It fits you.

The worst six years? Third grade? Third grade isn't six years. At least it wasn't for me.

Flew right over your head didnt it. :lol:

:?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:50 pm 
born to perform.

Like a Concorde SST...

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:55 pm 
Emperor Penguin

He must be going on his seventh year of fourth grade. :D