View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

cameronb wrote:
Okay.
I am SIXTEEN, and my Vernet Soft TT is TOO BIG for my thumb.

If you really do have fairly small ("Malini Hands," as I call them), then consider buying a Junior Size TT (last I checked they sell them here).

The Junior should work for you. It does for me! :wink:

Im 18 and my favorite is the king size vernet tt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:27 pm 
born to perform.

hazerman15 wrote:
cameronb wrote:
Okay.
I am SIXTEEN, and my Vernet Soft TT is TOO BIG for my thumb.

If you really do have fairly small ("Malini Hands," as I call them), then consider buying a Junior Size TT (last I checked they sell them here).

The Junior should work for you. It does for me! :wink:

Im 18 and my favorite is the king size vernet tt

What are you trying to say?...... :?

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:20 pm 

That is why you go to your local brick and mortar store. There you can see things that you're buying and try on the thumb tips to amake sure that they fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:17 pm 
born to perform.

Paddy is still upset by the tricks I bought I see.. Give it up Paddy...

if your gonna spend $5 bucks on thump tip why dont spend an extra $20 and get the best?

I don't see what the big deal is over 20 bucks...

Never knew how some magcians can act like a bunch of tight cheap penny pinchers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:10 am 

DINOTECH wrote:

if your gonna spend $5 bucks on thump tip why dont spend an extra $20 and get the best?

Never knew how some magcians can act like a bunch of tight cheap penny pinchers...

Not true Dino. What I said was for a lot of things, and thumb tips are one of them, it is best to see it first. Try it on and make sure it fits. It takes a brick and mortar store for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:10 am 
born to perform.

DINOTECH wrote:

You paid $20 for a thumbtip? They saw you commin' pal.

What was it, the "Extreme Close-up Workers In Your Face TT" or a frediup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:49 pm 
Emperor Penguin

DINOTECH wrote:

A higher price does not always mean its the best.
A $20 TT is just not needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:37 pm 
Penguin

They are fairly cheap by a few three dollar ones here and go with the one you like the best after you get them. Also this is a fairly common question to beginners is it exposure to post a TT directory or a topic just for picts of TT's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:42 pm 
Penguin

Many professionals will say that (in usual cases), the higher the price, the better. Andy Martin of Martin's Magic (and also a world famous magic collector) has said that to get something great, it must be at least $100.00. Some other pros say that as well, that the more expensive, the better. Sometimes, this may be true, especially for teens and adults. But for kids, there are still some expensive effects that work really great and may exceed the less expensive tricks in the entertaining impact they have. In general, an expensive flying scarf (silk) that flies through the whole stage and even some/all of the audience will have a higher impact than a cheaper scarf (silk) that can only fly a foot or two away from the performer. That is, providing the presentation is equal between the two performances, then the more expensive scarf will have the higher entertainment, I'm pretty sure.

Of course, this is not always the case. For real little kids, simple and cheap things which would be considered kid friendly are often the best. If it's so expensive, it can look too complicated and not kid friendly. Even for older kids, teens, and adults, things under $100.00 and even under $50.00 are often just as great as those tricks that are in the hundreds and thousands of dollars range. Tricks like card tricks (gimmicked in some way) are perfect examples of tricks under $50 that can deliver a high impact like those more expensive effects. But, as with my flying scarf (silk) example from above, if you have the money and a certain effect you're interested in has a cheap version and an expensive version and if that expensive version would have a higher entertainment impact on the audience, then by all means, go for that and give the maximum entertainment you can.

Really, look at yourself and your personality you would bring to the stage (show), and from there, go for the tricks that you would be able to work with (and that you like so as to have a personal interest in them) and price probably won't usually, if ever, be an issue and you can make the best of everything to give a very entertaining and successful show (some expensive tricks could be better as written above but are not by any means a necessity for a successful and entertaining show).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:46 am 
born to perform.

well i just bought the vernet junior TT and 101 tricks with a TT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:17 pm 
Penguin

I've just got to say, do not put too much use to a TT that may come with an effect. If you buy TT Blendo, buy another TT that is fitted in a shop. It is very likely that the one with the trick does not fit. Just my two cents. :D