View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:22 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
I think what dbaker_creator is trying to get across to you is there's a HUGE difference between TV magic and "REAL, IN PERSON" magic. One is designed for passive observers who stare unblinking at a glowing screen. The other interacts with them on a personal level and requires a different set of tools to entertain them.

And the "Articulated The Point Alot Better Than I Did" award goes to DaveV!

hazerman15 wrote:
Magicians want amazing.
Spectators want entertaining.

And the "Catch Phrase" award goes to hazerman15!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:47 pm 
Penguin

Location: In some sweet limo, with a hot girl *wakes up and cries*
dbaker_creator wrote:
Judging from the image used as his avatar, his attempts at acting like a "thug", his obcession with "the wow factor", and his udder stupidity. . . I pegged him at 14-16. In experience, age, and intelligence - that makes him a "little boy". I just call 'em as I see 'em.

...so you mean when your picture is being taken you've never done something that "wasn't you? Were you really at one point a teenager? Your logic doesn't make sense. His utter stupidity is beside the point, he doesn't agree with you. That doesn't make him stupid. And I could "call you as I see you" but then if we were to do that, then we'd be having a flame war. I think he has shown considerable restraint for an average teenager, seeing as you called him a little boy. You started it. He simply disagreed. And it seems like you seem to be playing "the old guy on the computer that likes to act like a jerk to anybody younger than him" role. And I must say, you are doing a splendid job. If this isn't the case, then you're a good actor. :wink:

"Really? People usually laugh and clap when I do the linking rings. Comparing the two effects (since I have versions of both), the linking rings has ALWAYS gotten a better response from the audience."

Okay you've lost me. What 2 effects are you comparing? If you actually do the lazer illusion while you do restaurants then perhaps you are the one in trouble :roll:

-Trix

"as good as angel"? That's a bit of a paradox isn't it? Well I admit, entertaining might have been a better word. I'm glad you spotted one real flaw in my logic, I was begining to raise my ego :roll:
"as smooth a talker as blaine"? Look. . . here. . . watch. . . I don't think "smooth" is the right phrase. This was actually an inside joke, and if you think about it you might even realize that I was being sarcastic (maybe I didn't lay it on thick enough :roll:)
"or even as talented as Cyril" . . . Feel free to give that a try. Cyril is a very talented magician, and trying to have his skills is a worthwhile goal. Yes he is talented, but once again this was an inside joke, he is talented, but I know many magicians that don't like him because he heavily relys on gimmicks. Thus they say he "has no real talent"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:50 pm 
Penguin

dbaker_creator wrote:
DaveV wrote:
I think what dbaker_creator is trying to get across to you is there's a HUGE difference between TV magic and "REAL, IN PERSON" magic. One is designed for passive observers who stare unblinking at a glowing screen. The other interacts with them on a personal level and requires a different set of tools to entertain them.

hazerman15 wrote:
Magicians want amazing.

And the "be a jerk to somebody before you know him" award goes to dbaker_creator.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:28 pm 
born to perform.

Some of the greatest philosophers of all time spoke in short riddles.
So get off me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:47 pm 
born to perform.

hazerman15 wrote:
Some of the greatest philosophers of all time spoke in short riddles.
So get off me...

"And the "Catch Phrase" award goes to hazerman15!", was actually intended as a compliment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:07 am 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
Judging from the image used as his avatar, his attempts at acting like a "thug", his obcession with "the wow factor", and his udder stupidity. . . I pegged him at 14-16. In experience, age, and intelligence - that makes him a "little boy". I just call 'em as I see 'em.

...so you mean when your picture is being taken you've never done something that "wasn't you? Were you really at one point a teenager? Your logic doesn't make sense.

The estimated age of the person in the photo, genious. In other words, he looks like he's between 14 and 16.

His utter stupidity is beside the point, he doesn't agree with you. That doesn't make him stupid.

No, but his arrogance in light of his inexperience does.

And I could "call you as I see you" but then if we were to do that, then we'd be having a flame war. I think he has shown considerable restraint for an average teenager, seeing as you called him a little boy. You started it.

If he shows "considerable restraint for the average teenager" then all hope is lost for the "teenage species". Actually, I recall him starting it several posts earlier.

He simply disagreed. And it seems like you seem to be playing "the old guy on the computer that likes to act like a jerk to anybody younger than him" role. And I must say, you are doing a splendid job. If this isn't the case, then you're a good actor. :wink:

Well I wasn't going for that, but I'll give it a shot: Frankly sonny, you need to get a life. A magician is measured by his experience and ability, not by his age. I brought up age, because his arrogant/know-it-all attitude is typical of people in his age group - and hence is relevant in this case. Normally, a magician's age would have no bearing at all on my opinion of them - Example: I'll put my skills against Angel's (in his 40s) any day, but I wouldn't want to take on Joshua Jay (age 25).

dbaker_creator wrote:
"Really? People usually laugh and clap when I do the linking rings. Comparing the two effects (since I have versions of both), the linking rings has ALWAYS gotten a better response from the audience."

Okay you've lost me. What 2 effects are you comparing? If you actually do the lazer illusion while you do restaurants then perhaps you are the one in trouble :roll:

Wow. Are you really that stupid that you can get lost that quickly? You're the one that compared the effects in the first place!

I use both the Linking Rings and the Lazer Illusion as parlor/stage effects. Again, how you got lost in your own example is baffling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:09 am 
born to perform.

mmroczka wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
DaveV wrote:

hazerman15 wrote:
Magicians want amazing.

And the "be a jerk to somebody before you know him" award goes to dbaker_creator.

What?! You aren't even going to call me a "Fascist" or a "Nazi"?
Come on, you aren't even trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:17 am 
born to perform.

Since the thread is getting more assinine by the minute and the original question has already been answered, could someone go ahead and lock this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:20 am 
Penguin

So much for the last post :roll:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4