View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Stage card tricks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:19 pm 
Penguin

Hi I was looking for a good card trick that I can do on stage. Right now I am using the rising card deck, but I'm looking for something that's ungimicked, and I'm clean at beginning and end because I use alot of big stuff (giant cards, saw in half, etc.) and so I'm looking for something that I can do with a normal size deck of cards, and that I can be shown clean at beginning and end. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 pm 
Penguin

Six Card Repeat. Can be found in Tarbell Course of Magic

Post subject: Re: Stage card tricks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:00 am 
born to perform.

jamesismy wrote:
Hi I was looking for a good card trick that I can do on stage. Right now I am using the rising card deck, but I'm looking for something that's ungimicked, and I'm clean at beginning and end because I use alot of big stuff (giant cards, saw in half, etc.) and so I'm looking for something that I can do with a normal size deck of cards, and that I can be shown clean at beginning and end. Any suggestions?

Gazzos tossed out deck is great. Lots of audience participation. Cannot be totally examined at the end, but since its in different specs hands through out the trick it is not needed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 am 
born to perform.

Gazzo's routine for the Tossed-Out Deck is designed for the street, not the stage. There are other presentations for the TOD that are more suitable for stage work, such as John Archer's. However, the Tossed-Out Deck is a piece of powerful mentalism that should not be jammed haphazardly into a program of stage magic and manipualtion.

As for ungimmicked card work for stage, try Cards Across (many versions available), Card to Forehead, X-Card Repeat, The Travellers, Card to Pocket with Full-Deck to Pocket Kicker...even something like Pre-Deck-Ability (or Jeopardy or Shuffle-Bored) can be adapted for stage. Try using jumbo index or Lo-Vision cards; consider, too, tricks that use ungimmicked Jumbo Cards. With a packet of jumbo cards, you can turn the Ten-Card Poker Deal into a stage effect (Aldo Colombini did). A few years ago, I saw a magician do a stage version of Twisting the Aces using cards that were about two feet tall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:33 am 
born to perform.

ThePhenomenalist is right . 6 Card Repeat is a great card effect to do on stage. Tarbell is a great source for this trick. However, I was given this DVD http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorde ... hp?ID=6009 as a gift, and I must say I liked most of the handlings offered.

It might be worth your while to check this out. Especially Michael Finny's and Martin Lewis' versions.