View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

thegenius3232 wrote:
fallen, yes i do work. And with what you said, I may be wrong but getting a contract is very risky because if that restaurant burns down (or somthing happens to it) they are resposible for you getting paid (if the contract isn't expired yet.
You are quite mistaken. Having no contract is very risky. You allow yourself to be taken advantage of. If you did the research that everyone here told you to do, then you would surely know that. Maybe you should quit doing restaurant work for awhile, and research a little more on the business side of magic, before you get yourself in trouble.

Also, your scenario doesn't make sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 am 
Penguin

Fallingblood is right. I worked without a contract once and got taken advantage of. Manager of the restaurant took me into his office with a videocamera and said something about "making me a star". Don't remember much else.

Moral of the story: Work with a contract!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 am 
Penguin

I average about £10-£15 ($20-$30) and hour but people in the UK tend not to tip as much as in the US.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 pm 

Last night I did a one hour Wine Tasting gig for a special event and one guy gave me a $300.00 tip AND wants to book me again AND the restaurant wants to book me regularly AND I got dinner to boot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
DerZauberer wrote:
Last night I did a one hour Wine Tasting gig for a special event and one guy gave me a $300.00 tip AND wants to book me again AND the restaurant wants to book me regularly AND I got dinner to boot!

Sounds like a awseom night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:42 pm 
born to perform.

maverick1234 wrote:
I go to the resteraunt where i used to work, lots of happy rich people just itching to give bills away.

not that i tell them to either, they are just impressed, especially with the vanishing beer bottle.

what method do you use? j/w

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:06 pm 
Penguin

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
maverick1234 wrote:
I go to the resteraunt where i used to work, lots of happy rich people just itching to give bills away.

not that i tell them to either, they are just impressed, especially with the vanishing beer bottle.

More than likely a gimmicked bottle- something like a glass mirage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:15 pm 
Penguin

I usually make $25-40 total for working 7:00-9:00 on a weekend or a weekday. I usually make more like $25 or $30 on a week-night. I wear a button that says Tips Appreciated. My tips are usually 1 or 2 dollars and $5 is a big tip for me. But I think that's because I work at an ice cream shop and I normally only get in one or two tricks for a person while they're waiting for their ice cream and then they leave. So it sounds like working at an actual sit-down restaraunt sounds a lot better. I'll look into doing that after this summer when I have my license.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:12 pm 
Penguin

McCrum wrote:
I usually make $25-40 total for working 7:00-9:00 on a weekend or a weekday. I usually make more like $25 or $30 on a week-night. I wear a button that says Tips Appreciated. My tips are usually 1 or 2 dollars and $5 is a big tip for me. But I think that's because I work at an ice cream shop and I normally only get in one or two tricks for a person while they're waiting for their ice cream and then they leave. So it sounds like working at an actual sit-down restaraunt sounds a lot better. I'll look into doing that after this summer when I have my license.

License for...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:04 pm 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
maverick1234 wrote:

If it were my guess, I would say a Nielson Vanishing Bottle.
It is a great product, if you are interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:50 am 
born to perform.

HmMmmMM

I Work in Australia so compared to the U.S, you get little to no Tips, People in Australia are tight asses :lol:

Althought on average i bring in about $40(tips) + $150(Restaurant Paid)

So around $200 per night for 3 hours :D and for a 16 year old i dont think im doing to bad :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:40 pm 
Penguin

The only tips I have ever turned down are the ones that where offered by a table that had just turned me away. So I had done no magic for them but they wanted to give me a tip anyway to me It would not be right to take money that you did nothing for

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:24 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Also it would be impossible to average $5 per table and not take "small $5 tips." You need to take $8 one table, $3 another, $7 another, $2 another etc. If you average $5 a table and do not take $5, you will average ZERO amount! If you do not take small $5 tips, then you must average about $10 and up per table, assuming everyone tips, which is not the case. Not sure what Fallingblood was thinking here.

It is possible he doesn't take $5 tips and gets nothing on one table and $10 on the next, therefor he makes average $5 per table but still doesn't accept $5 or less tips

Post subject: Re: How much do you usually get in tips per night? jw
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:24 pm 

My restaurant has been DOWN the last few months due to the recession. Had 7 restaurants at one time , now down to 1 place, 2 nights a week. Only pulling in $150 on Fridays and 200 on Sat. That's LOW compared to 2 years ago

Post subject: Re: How much do you usually get in tips per night? jw
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 am 
Penguin

Paddy,

You say you work 3 to 4 hrs. a night. How long are your contracts with each rest.? How much do you charge as the rest. fee?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next