View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Classic Palm?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:07 pm 
Penguin

Hmmm, I'm kinda new to coins and I think I've got a handle on the classic palm, but I saw this video of this guy doing the classic palm, but mine doesn't really look the same as his. His hand is really cramped up, but apparently he's a professional magician so he must know what he's doing, right?

Here is the video, please tell me if this is how it's supposed to be done or not

http://www.expertvillage.com/video/5109_free-magic-coin-tricks-classic-palm.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 am 
born to perform.

NO!!!!!!!! I saw that video a couple of months back and almost threw up. If your classic palm does not look like his that is a very good thing. It is very obvious that he is NOT a professional magician. Please do not put any stock in anything you've heard him say.
Here is a video of the master, David Roth. It's some old footage of him on letterman. He has a good classic palm. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpBgDffoCqA

What material on coin magic do you have by the way?
I HIGHLY suggest David Roths "Coin Magic Made Easy" volumes 1-3.
They are regarded as the BEST videos to stary off in coin magic bar none.
You should also pick up J.B. Bobos Modern Coin Magic (book) also known as the coin bible. It is absolutely neccessary if you're going to be a coin magician.

And again, Please do not listen to anything that guy has to say about anything and forget everything you've ever heard him say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:53 am 
born to perform.

That was a pretty bad classic palm. I like how he tells you to make sure it looks natural but he looks like he's got the other hand in an electrical socket.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:44 pm 
born to perform.

HAHAHA! That was one of the funniest classic palms I ever seen! I think it might have been even worse than when I started out! Do not learn from him but rather listen to what acebrawler73 has said; he knows what he's talking about :P .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:00 pm 
Penguin

Wow, that David Roth really is good, but David Letterman was so annoying. But I'll be sure to pick up those volumes plus Bobo. I really want to be able to pick up some coins and amaze some people. Thanks for steering me off of that dude's classic palm and toward the masters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:48 pm 
born to perform.

Yea, i'm glad to help. I almost mentioned how annoying letterman was on the video but decided against it but it's funny to here you think the same.

Personally coins are my favorite magic medium because I just love the sleight-of-hand and the ability to do something any time. It also transfers over well to other sleight-of-hand, such as balls, thimbles, keys,pens,paperclips, cigarettes, the list goes on.

Anyway Good luck with your future in coin magic and be sure to get David's dvd's they will be one of the best magic purchases you'll ever make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:17 pm 
Penguin

Ah, that was terrible. Don't trust Expert Village.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:46 pm 
Penguin

Hands down the worst CP I've ever seen in video

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:51 pm 
born to perform.

Location: President of the davidcon fan club. (Always welcoming new members)
Yeah, many expert village videos are crap.

Post subject: Ha Ha
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:41 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for posting that expert village clip. Man, that was really good for a laugh.
I honestly thought it was a joke at first. I would really like to tell that guy that he does a disservice to the art of magic if he is a supposed professional.

And man, David Letterman is annoying. He is exactly like some of the drunks that I have had to perform for in the past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:39 pm 
Penguin

I had to register on expervillage just to leave a message telling him how bad his palm was.

Post subject: Re: Ha Ha
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:23 pm 
born to perform.

cassius wrote:
Thanks for posting that expert village clip. Man, that was really good for a laugh.
I honestly thought it was a joke at first. I would really like to tell that guy that he does a disservice to the art of magic if he is a supposed professional.

And man, David Letterman is annoying. He is exactly like some of the drunks that I have had to perform for in the past.

I love how his thumb shoots out whenever he does a palm...even something as simple as a finger palm... BOOM..out goes the thumb.

I never liked Letterman, and now that I see how he treats one of the giants in our art, I have real reason to avoid his show.

He interferes with the effects like a clown, or some attention seeking whore. " Look at me!!!" forget that Roth is the person people are trying to watch.

Then he makes some stupid remark about..' You can make money in bars this way." Am I the only one who thought this was insulting?

What I DO love about this clip is... What a Professional Roth is. He doesn't get upset, and he doesn't let Letterman phase him any. He is there to entertain the audience, and that he does. When i get a heckler or boor, I'll just keep this clip in mind. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:32 pm 
born to perform.

LOL, his french rop looked like the Spider vanish :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:36 pm 
Team Penguin

YUUUCK!!!! his hands r in too different places!! one was just crushed by an 18 wheeler and another has just put flat into a block of ice! check out david roth do it on letterman with his flat palm. its actually not as hard as it sounds and looks. take the half dollar and put it loosely between thumb and middle finger. if its a quarter, use index and thumb.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:36 pm 
Penguin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, i'm laughing my [edited] off!

he can kill a horse with that classic palm xD
Yeah trust me thats not how a classic palm should look, and yeah, if you see david roth... his classic palm do not look that good ither! but the best classic palm I have seen is David Stone, look him up on youtube and you will se. But yeah I have met David Stone and when i saw under his hand it looked like he glued the coin to the hand xD

-Kalle A Moen