View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Related question- Which do you prefer, Applebees or Fridays?
Applebees 40%  40%  [ 4 ]
Fridays 60%  60%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 10
 Post subject: The Best Restaurant
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:16 am 
Penguin

What would you consider the best restaurant for walkaround magic? What is your ideal environment? Is it a TGI Fridays or Applebees, or maybe something more high-end? How about a steak and seafood joint, or a casual diner? I was just discussing this with a friend earlier and I thought I'd get some other people's opinions. I had an idea about working at a shorepoint family seafood restaurant that would only be seasonal, but would probably pay a lot since places like that have a lot of competition. (At least where I'm thinking, I live about 50 miles from the Jersey shore) Anyway, I'd be interested to hear your ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:08 am 
born to perform.

Well that is entirely dependant on your performance style. Some would class a family restaurant as the best, whereas another performer, a high end restaurant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:02 pm 
born to perform.

those two in the poll would be under the catorogy of "family restaurants" which I am doing. I have tryed both of them and they are wonderful places. I work at fridays every friday, and applebees every sunday.

They are wonderful places for family restaurant

If you need any more help let me know pm me or, get the DVD LIVE AT THE JAILHOUSE they tell you EVERYTHING!!!! you need.

Dont mind about the price you'll get it back within a week of working at a restaurant, or even a day!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:52 pm 
Penguin

I think you guys misunderstood my post. I'm not asking for any help. My personal style is a family restaurant. I work at a 99 Restaurant and Pub, going on eight months now. I also perform at a local bistro. I know it all depends on your personal style, I am simply posting this as an opinion question. I just wanted to see what the general consensus is on types of restaurants. Thegenius, I already have the Jailhouse DVD and about ten other sources, but thanks for your concern. As I said before, I seek no advice on this post, just some opinions. I would like to know, thegenius, if you don't mind my asking, how much do they pay you at Fridays and Applebees for the nights you work? jw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:11 pm 
born to perform.

i get paid $100 for 4 hours at tgi fridays, i like tgi. better because of the atmoshere (dont know if i spelled that right or not) but i like how the tables are kinda inclosed not just wide open tables everywhere. So i would have to go with TGI.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:28 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That question is rather subjective, and cant truely be answered.
For one, they vary from city to city. Trust me, they do.
Second, what we think is nice... you might not.
and theres no reason to continue... you hopefully get the idea, the point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:59 pm 
Penguin

Quote:

That's a shame, I thought this was a discussion forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:23 pm 
Emperor Penguin

jackpot6200 wrote:
Quote:

That's a shame, I thought this was a discussion forum.

You can discuss all you want, but in the end it will be you that decides.
But the fact remains, that I might hate working at TGIF and you might end of loving it. Of my Applebees might be crappy due to our manager, where as your will have a decent one. Things vary, sometimes greatly.
Even though they are a chain, there are differences. I say, pick one, try it out see how you like it. Or if you can, do both. Some of us have done, and still do, more than one place.
Some questions basically come down to common sense and oneself.
People cant decide much for themselves any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 pm 
Penguin

Quote:
Quote:
You can discuss all you want, but in the end it will be you that decides.
But the fact remains, that I might hate working at TGIF and you might end of loving it. Of my Applebees might be crappy due to our manager, where as your will have a decent one. Things vary, sometimes greatly.
Even though they are a chain, there are differences. I say, pick one, try it out see how you like it. Or if you can, do both. Some of us have done, and still do, more than one place.

Some questions basically come down to common sense and oneself.
People cant decide much for themselves any more

I understand what you're saying, and with all due respect of course, I make my own decisions on which restaurants to work at. As you can see from my post, I have already made my decisions, and I am sticking to at least one of them. The bistro I work at already has plans to change the entire place pretty soon, and I believe I will be leaving when that happens. I already have some options narrowed down as to where I will go after that. However, to me this question really won't help me find a new restaurant to work at anyway. I know my two options, and will decide based on a few key factors this summer when that time comes. I still don't see anything wrong with being interested in where some of you guys on this forum work. I probably should've rephrased my question better, but I am just curious as I read other threads as to where these guys giving the advice work. Out of curiosity, I am posting this thread to see if some of you will discuss what you like in a restaurant for a working environment. Regardless, none of what anyone says here will have a bearing on my decision. But as I said before, even though everyone on this forum seems to be looking for advice, it is called a discussion forum, not an advice forum. (There's nothing wrong with sharing ideas)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:58 pm 
Penguin

i find fridays to be a younger more happening crowd, whereas applebees is more family-like...both are good its up to you,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:40 pm 
born to perform.

nickyd8 wrote:
i find fridays to be a younger more happening crowd, whereas applebees is more family-like...both are good its up to you,

I've found TGI to be full of idiots. My jokes go over their heads and they make a concerted effort to break props.

Applebees is a much better environment. Families, businessman, and plenty of people who understand my jokes.