View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: show me that hand?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm 
born to perform.

what if you have a coin palmed and they say, show me that hand? you could perform a vanish perfectly yet sometimes hecklers cannot think of any explanation except that it is in the othr hand, and usually they're right. what should i do or say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Reach in your pocket for a pen to use as a "magic wand" to make the coin disappear, and ditch the coin there. This is so the heckler won't have a chance to call out the other hand, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:24 pm 
born to perform.

Sleeving is fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 pm 
born to perform.

i like adjones's idea, that would work well.

Sleeving and me don't bond very well, my sweatshirt sleeves are always not baggy enough. I know its still possible to sleeve, but when they see long sleeves,kids in my school are almost always gonna know where it went :? . My freind is one of the best sleevers i've ever seen and people always say "its in your sleeve"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:45 am 
born to perform.

a lot of times i will go along with it...my style is more comical so i can make them believe that they are right. say something along the lines of ok you were paying attention. then i have many ways to get out of it they are hard to explain, however they work. you know stuff like i over emphasis's a false transfer for the hecklers sake, when he calls me on it, i prove him wrong and everyone laughs. then i avoid any false transfers for a while in my routine. making every time i put a coin into my hand painfully obvious that i am putting it where i say i am...this gets laughs because i focus on the heckler te whole time. (i have a two-three minute coin routine involving no false transfers) then when they aren't expecting it, i slip some false transfers into the routine, and i get great reactions when i do this. so that would be my recommendation. it takes a while to patter for the whole thing, but i got tired of ditching it to grab a pen cause i would need the coin later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:23 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Reach in your pocket for a pen to use as a "magic wand" to make the coin disappear, and ditch the coin there. This is so the heckler won't have a chance to call out the other hand, though.

That is very good advice.

Also, I believe in Bobo's Coin Magic Book and in Coinmagic by David Roth, there is a sleight called Kapps Subtlety. This sleight is known by other names also but it is a way of showing your hand empty even though there is something there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:26 am 
born to perform.

ThePhenomenalist wrote:
adjones wrote:

That is very good advice.

Also, I believe in Bobo's Coin Magic Book and in Coinmagic by David Roth, there is a sleight called Kapps Subtlety. This sleight is known by other names also but it is a way of showing your hand empty even though there is something there.

Yes that advice is very good and also given in Anytime Anywhere by Sankey. I use it a lot, but another good way is to use the across the chest method if you know it. Not sure the proper name for it, but you have to wear a breast pocket.