View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

How old should you be to do street magic for any people?
10-100 35%  35%  [ 15 ]
18-100 60%  60%  [ 26 ]
30-100 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject: How old should you be
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:55 am 
Penguin

I was just wondering that how old do you have to be to do street magic :?: , cause Im 11.

Thanx :D :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:04 am 
Emperor Penguin

This has been answered many many times. Do a search and see what you come up with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 am 

For some odd reason, I remember the rules saying something about discussing your age when you're under 13. Either way, look around this section. If you're wanting to busk, you're not old enough for anyone to assume they should show you respect. Give it a few years. At least until you can A) legally smoke or B) tag along with a pro and help him out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:10 pm 
Penguin

Honestly, the biggest thing that geeks me is kids who are 13-16, who really can't do magic that well. I started to learn the basics when I was about 17. Basiclly, I started to teach myself the Ambitous card routine. And this past newyears was the first time I performed it for my family. And incase you are wondering, I'm 21. I waited 4 years, just to make sure I had it all down.

My wife, who I dated for 3 years, didn't know I could do magic till this past newyears.

That is how quiet I kept it, and to this day, she doesn't know how the heck I do any of my tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

I am pretty sure that I should be 18 when doing street magic, because I am 18 when I do everything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:33 pm 
Penguin

Also I don't think it would be a very good idea for a 100 year old to be out busking

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 pm 

I say practice your art until you're old enough to shave - Then you can hit the streets.

I would personally be very annoyed if a "child" stopped me on the street to do some "Blaining"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:46 pm 
born to perform.

DerZauberer wrote:
I say practice your art until you're old enough to shave - Then you can hit the streets.

I would personally be very annoyed if a "child" stopped me on the street to do some "Blaining"

In truth, I would be very annoyed if David Blaine stopped me on the street to do some "Blaining"!! :lol: :lol:

Sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:48 am 
Penguin

sean_mh wrote:
In truth, I would be very annoyed if David Blaine stopped me on the street to do some "Blaining"!! :lol: :lol:

Sean

If you're not a payed actor then you probably shouldn't have any problems but I'd carry pepper spray just in case. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:56 pm 
Team Penguin

I think you should be old enough to be on your own busking. Besides, Blaining has nothing to do with street magic, although if you lead into Blaining right it can be considered busking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:00 am 
Penguin

Please be careful - you should always wait till you are mature enough to go out and perform. I know it is really tempting but don't do it, you can put yourself at risk without even realising it. Wait till you know your tricks backwards and you've come out of school - that way you know what you are doing and have a little bit of life experience behind you - believe me you'll need it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:30 pm 
born to perform.

The real problem is that everyone thinks that they are old enough and mature enough. I look back at my first posts at penguin and they are asking what I should perform as I film my first street magic video. I was fourteen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:48 pm 
born to perform.

when you are old enough to realise that an adult wont talk to a child that isnt in any form of trouble on the street, because of allegations that arise to often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

ukcop wrote:
when you are old enough to realise that an adult wont talk to a child that isnt in any form of trouble on the street, because of allegations that arise to often.

Ain't that the truth ? ... these days a simple thumbs up, a simple hello or a harmless wink directed toward a child can be construed as some sort of pickup move ... what has this world come too ?
Couldn't be that some people like kids just because they like kids ... they must have an alternative agenda !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:54 am 
born to perform.

Doesnt really matter what the real reasons are to be honest, its what the courts say that matters.