View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:32 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Ahem... Fallingblood, if I'm not mistaken, you've just been B-Slapped. :lol: Honestly, I don't care what Criss does anymore. If he wants to use camera tricks, that's fine. If my spectators prefer him over me when I obviously put out better performances... that's fine... I'm not going to change their minds about him, and I'm not going to try to act like I'm all cocky and better than him. I'll just keep performing, and hope people come to the realization that he sucks, and doesn't deserve the attention he gets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

It is hard to judge Crissy based on magic because he never does any. I have see enough of his shows to know that he is a hack with no real discernible close-up skill to speak of, and nothing bothers me more than someone acting arrogant who can barely even shuffle cards let alone do any good sleights. Heck he needs a cutshot in order to cut the deck, which I am sure Johnny Thompson comes in quickly and does it for him, while his stooge gasps in amazement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:42 pm 

So much for a Magician being represented by a well-dressed and well-groomed gentleman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That's definitely creepy...

:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:12 pm 
born to perform.

Yeah, if I saw him on the street and he approached me to do a trick I would definitely run. (unless, of course, he gave me a little moneterial (sp?) compensation for my "silence" and cooperation)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:29 pm 
Penguin

He looks like a terrorist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

KingMilo wrote:
He looks like a terrorist.

Ya, especially with that hat; it looks sort of like Arabic writings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:24 pm 
born to perform.

The hat has his or his bands symbol on it, as for the beard notice that it is black and the hair is blond, whats up with that ? Is the beard fake for something that he is shooting, is he trying to blend in and be forgotten, or remember when they were looking for a look alike, is this one of them ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:27 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Apparently you didn't realize that his original hair color is black... he died his hair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

I do know that ! I was just stating that his hair color does not match the beard, so I was just wondering ! If a fake beard, why not the same color as his hair, or If real beard, why not color one of them to match the other ?

Nothing ment here other than to start up a little discusion !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:22 pm 
Penguin

zambini wrote:
or remember when they were looking for a look alike, is this one of them ?

That is actually a very good idea. Testing out the look a like but I honestly don't think Criss and his team is that clever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:16 am 
Emperor Penguin

Looks like some eyeliner there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:23 am 
Emperor Penguin

Also forgot to mention, sorry Christina you still look like a girl, just with a beard. Make that a transexual with a beard. I hope this is the end for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:43 am 

sirbrad wrote:
Looks like some eyeliner there.

I like the eyeliner to highlight his bloodshot, glazed eyes. What was he drinking?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:36 pm 
born to perform.

Nicholas96 wrote:
I will tell you that he looks like absolute crap, but calling him "Crissy" isn't neccessary. He signed to be in a show for ten years, and he still has a t.v. show going on. He's doing something right, isn't he?

And some of you would'nt even be here if it weren't for him. Love him or hate him, he did publisize(spl.)magic more than any of us could ever dream of.

Sorry, but I have to step in here. I am sure many are here, because of Lance Burton. many may be here because of David Copperfield, many others because of Doug Henning. many may be here because of David Blaine. Many may be here because of ... well you get my point.

I resent the idea that some people have that Criss Angel did so much for magic. If Criss had never decided to be a magician, there would still be magicians. If Criss Angel had never decided to be a magician people would still like watching magic.

Magicians would still be earning a living.

As to him publicizing magic more than any of us, I really do not agree.

Each of us in performing publicize magic for those we interact with. Whether in a personal setting as in our homes, and that of friends, at parties or conventions...or just on the street. There is no way to determine what effect each of these small interactions has.

Like the pebble dropped on a still lake, that one kid you do a french drop for, may be so amazed he decides to study magic, and may become the next Lance Burton or Mac King....or...the next Criss Angel.

Is he famous? yes. Unfortunately his fame means that when people look on him, they do not just see Criss Angel, they see a magician. And if you want me to be honest , I do not want Criss Angel Publicizing magic. Not if he can't take the time out to shave. Then again his date WAS Sunny Leone, makes me wonder if he would have dressed up for Randy Gillis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next