View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:14 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Live At the Jailhouse makes 2 assumptions. 1. You know how to handle situations that come up in restaurant entertaining. 2. You are old enough to know what you are doing.

This kid sounds WAY too young. True story. I had performed at this restaurant for Mother's Day and Father's Day for 2 years. I kept dropping by to make it a weekly gig. Well Mother's day was comming up last year and I had not gotten a call, so I called the General Manager and asked him. Well he was new and just said "we don't do that!" and slammed down the phone.

I went to the place the next day and saw a manager that knew the work I do and I asked her why the rudeness. Well, some little son of a ***** come in and did it for free for a couple of weeks. Until he approached a table that had a baby, the mom unbuttoned her blouse, took out her breast and started to feed the baby. He just stared at her breast, they complained to the corporate offices and that ended all entertainment in that restaurant. That cost me US$200 a day in tips plus the restaurant fee.

NEVER think kids can handle what happens in restaurants.

This has actually happened to me as well (the breast feeding not the snaking of the job prior to the breast feeding).

Warning Stereotype coming up:
I live in California and we have a high percentage of hispanics in the population. Breast feeding in public isn't considered rude or unusual to them, so you'll regularly see women walking around breast feeding a kid.

What to do:
Ignore it, ad don't ask her to pick a card.
I tried to make a joke of it once. The woman started feeding her baby and I said, "Oh none for me thanks." She found it in poor taste - her husband thought it was hilarious though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:20 pm 

dbaker_creator wrote:
...This has actually happened to me as well (the breast feeding not the snaking of the job prior to the breast feeding)...I tried to make a joke of it once. The woman started feeding her baby and I said, "Oh none for me thanks." She found it in poor taste - her husband thought it was hilarious though.

That one got me!!! The funniest comment I have seen this year!!! I only wish I had thoufgt of it.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:43 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
...This has actually happened to me as well (the breast feeding not the snaking of the job prior to the breast feeding)...I tried to make a joke of it once. The woman started feeding her baby and I said, "Oh none for me thanks." She found it in poor taste - her husband thought it was hilarious though.

That one got me!!! The funniest comment I have seen this year!!! I only wish I had thoufgt of it.

Paddy

Eh, I steal jokes from you, you steal a few from me. . . it all evens out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:31 pm 
born to perform.

blue M&M brown M&M it all winds up the same colour in the end...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:06 pm 
Team Penguin

How profound about the M&Ms! That is a great line though, DBaker. How about sneaking Strap Yourself In Skippy somewhere in there too, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:08 pm 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
How profound about the M&Ms! That is a great line though, DBaker. How about sneaking Strap Yourself In Skippy somewhere in there too, eh?

I call hecklers "Skippy".
I can't think of anything more demeaning.

When talking about M&Ms remember this:
They melt in your mouth - NOT in your hand, and one in the hand is worth two in a bush ; but if it melted, it's only worth half - so eat them quick and get a jump on teh ones in the bushes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:36 am 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:
Popchris wrote:

I call hecklers "Skippy".
I can't think of anything more demeaning.

When talking about M&Ms remember this:
They melt in your mouth - NOT in your hand, and one in the hand is worth two in a bush ; but if it melted, it's only worth half - so eat them quick and get a jump on teh ones in the bushes.

Lol a bit off topic but im still picking up a few lines of advice here and their :lol: keep em comin :D