View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Aug 2005
Posts: 759
Location: Nor Cal.
Popchris wrote:
Anything by Jay Sankey. Mercuring, Holy Moly, Smashed, About Face, Snowstorm, Public Transit, Prediction Impossible, Nailed!, Papperclipped, anything by Jay!

not a good idea. makes a huge mess, not to mention it is used for stage, not close-up/restaurant


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
Bluebackedcards wrote:
Popchris wrote:
Anything by Jay Sankey. Mercuring, Holy Moly, Smashed, About Face, Snowstorm, Public Transit, Prediction Impossible, Nailed!, Papperclipped, anything by Jay!

not a good idea. makes a huge mess, not to mention it is used for stage, not close-up/restaurant


Jay Sankey's "Snowstorm" is a card trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Aug 2005
Posts: 759
Location: Nor Cal.
oh, my bad. i was thinking of snow storm in china... :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Feb 2003
Posts: 173
Location: Los Angeles
dbaker_creator, what do you do withing the first 5 seconds to show something magical? Do you use the line, "Hi, I am the house magician" line or do you show them something first?

By the way thanks to all of you that are contributing good information and not just ripping into a fellow performer. I appreciate it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
Jose_Ruiz wrote:
dbaker_creator, what do you do withing the first 5 seconds to show something magical? Do you use the line, "Hi, I am the house magician" line or do you show them something first?

By the way thanks to all of you that are contributing good information and not just ripping into a fellow performer. I appreciate it.


My favorite opener is the blank deck flourish.

Blank deck - cut - regular deck - move onto the next trick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 13 Aug 2005
Posts: 759
Location: Nor Cal.
i very recently went to a pizza parlor, and one of my magic mentors is the magician there. he starts off, hi i am the silverware inspector, he picks up a piece of silver ware, and says, there is silver in here, the question is where. he then produces three coins out of the the knife, fork, whatever... and goes into a brilliant three coin routine, and then vanished them all back into the silverware.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Penguin

Joined: 19 Feb 2003
Posts: 173
Location: Los Angeles
I got live at the jail house dvd's and it had some good restaurant tricks. I really like paul greens stuff. Thanks for all your advise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
born to perform.

Joined: 27 Sep 2006
Posts: 3120
Location: Everywhere, but no where
Jose_Ruiz wrote:
I got live at the jail house dvd's and it had some good restaurant tricks. I really like paul greens stuff. Thanks for all your advise.


Paul Green and Jim Pace are the sages of the subject. Do as they say, and ye shall flourish.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2009 Penguin Magic, Inc.