View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: spongeball routine
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:25 am 
Penguin

I'm putting together a show for restaurants inlcuding a spongeball routine, and I was wondering how long one is usually. I've got a dvd that teaches a lot of good moves, but doesn't put them together for you, so any tips on what I should include in my routine?
Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:22 am 
Penguin

Usually too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:32 am 
Penguin

Well don't do it too long. Or else it gets repetitive and people know what to expect and maybe they will figure out some things.

Elliot Carver

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:46 am 

This is the kind of questions that make me wonder. Have you ever SEEN a restaurant magician? If yes, how did he operate? If NO, why do you think you want to be one? Do you think it is a great way to make some easy money? Boy! Have you got a lot to learn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:26 pm 
Penguin

yes I've seen a restaurant magician! They usually perform a mixture of tricks most of them visual, and not too involved. the performance is not to long so they can jump from table to table. It's a good step up once you've gained enough confidence from doing volunteer shows. So far I working on a coin routine, ambitious card routine, some business card magic and started looking into a spongeball routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:29 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I think the answer is quite obvious. How long would you even stay at a table in the first place? That should answer your question. If not, buy some book on restaurant magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:17 pm 
Penguin

Look into stuff by Steve Dacri. He's performed his routine on major talk shows over several decades. He's the one who got me hooked on sponge magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 pm 
Penguin

ifind resturant magic to be a quick trick...

thins like TT, IT, raven, scotch and soda, simple card magic works well

ANYTHING VISUAL WORKS WELL,

sponge ball magic is acutally imo great, its HIGHLY visual and its ungimmiked, its something to take with you...Just do like 1-3 tricks with it then move on...

but to answer your question sponge balls are visual...therefore i think its good for a resturant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:13 am 

Wow this is still active! Get Chris Capehart's DVD "Kidden Around," he has a spongeball routine using 2 different coloured balls that I have used in restaurants. It's GREAT and gets a lot of requests. Whats nice is I can repeat it over and over again and no one has caught on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:39 pm 
Penguin

I have actually timed my routine which involves four large balls appearing, shrinking then one by one vanishing. It took me 3 minutes to get through my comical banter but people were crazy about it when I use to preform it. I don't know much about restaurant magic but I use to do a lot of cocktail party, event walk around and I would say 3 minutes is a bit to long unless you have a really solid routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:49 pm 
Penguin

If your loking for something to link all your moves together try SPONGE

I wouldn't advise just doing one sponge trick do a whole routine, and do things to confuse them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:20 pm 

jadajada wrote:
If your loking for something to link all your moves together try SPONGE

I wouldn't advise just doing one sponge trick do a whole routine, and do things to confuse them

Besides being illiterate and hard to understand, what the hel l are you talking about? Chris Capehart does a sponge ball routine that consists of ONE trick. That's it, just one, but it is a routine, it has a beginning, middle, and finale with just two sponge balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:32 am 
Penguin

Theres one part of my sponge ball routine that always gets really strong reactions and thats the bit where they hold one and I hold one then mine vanishes and appers in their hand.THat always gets great reactions so id include that in your routine.THe metod can be found in most sponge ball sources.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Your first sentence sums this up... How long should they be?

-.-

Can you not go out and watch resturante magicians live before you decide to be one? Can you not look at ALOT of pros preforming on the internet? Can you not buy over one DVD before you decide to preform for people?

AHHH!!

What I'm trying to say is, can;t you research a whole lot before you get paid and try to entertain paying customers?

Pauldela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:13 am 
born to perform.

Imo

i spongeball routine i do i can make it go for 2 minutes a;; the way up to 10 minutes, it all depends on your patter and how you present the trick, you want to stay long enough so they can enjoy it (about 3 minutes), but not to long so that you will start to pester them (unless they love it and you)

I start off showing 2 spongeballs and just mention for kids they are like a clowns nose for red nose day but made of sponge, or for a adults you say i have to meatballs here or somehting and they will usually make a stupid joke likes let me touch your balls or somehting stupid :lol:

Then i start with a confusing spongeball line. and i make 2 in their hand appear, i then do that again, then i go into a 2 in the hand 1 in the pocket and if i feel good ill start joking around doing a 2 in the hand one in the pocket but appearing novelty Massive spongeballs in my hand or minature ones and that always gets a good laugh and will confuse them. :lol:

Finally do anyhting effects or anything (example - 2 in the hand 1 in the pocket) to make them all vanish, and done :D