View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: backdrops
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:04 pm 
born to perform.

http://www.bossbackdrops.com/red.html

i was searching the internet for backdrops and i came accross this one..do you guys think a 6x10 one will be big enough for a kids show for maybe 10to25 kids?what color do you guys use i personally like red? also do you guys know if that site is reliable and they have good prices? also post anything you know about backdrops please

Post subject: '
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:32 am 
born to perform.

I can't think of the name where I got mine, but I sent away for back drop stands. Then I went and bought some really nice felt type curtains and I use them. That way you know what you are getting.
I don't use a back drop if I'm in someone's home mainly because of space.

Post subject: Do I know backdrops experts!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:22 am 
Penguin

I just saw your post(8:20) and my first ride is at 8:45.
Throughout the day I'll touch bases with my California amigos and by this evening I'll try to have all the info I wish I had had when i was looking for backdrop info. Look out scout..gotta go..gotta.gotta go..gotta,gotta,gotta go.
Ron :D

Post subject: Curtains for Ron0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 pm 
Penguin

And we're back and here's what I have is from friends who believe that one must look professional. Secondly, as I mentioned in another post, it took me two years to assemble all my equipment. Also I live in the world of belly talking so for some of us, gimmicks are add-ons to our vent routines. In other words, with respect, I defer to real magicians who through years of practice and skill do their craft.
I really researched my photo backdrop kit and settled on the Tri Star3 section background stand. It has two collapsible tripods(with air-connections) and a three-section cross pole.So just like two forked sticks with a cross-bar stick stretching between them. The minimum height is 40 inches while the max is 12.5 feet. The cross bar can telescope from about 40 inches to 9.5 feet. I had my deep purple curtain made by a seamstress who also threw in a centered cover for my magic table. It takes me about 15 minutes to set up and is good in a school gym, library or a nursery classroom. I know this is only backdrop 101 so if you have any more questions , please ask. Ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:03 pm 
Team Penguin

It is funny this topic got brought up. A few weeks ago, I recieved my new backdrops from a very good friend of mine who will be lecturing at Kidabra this year. These newly designed backdrops are predicted to be the best selling Item at Kidabra in August.

They are INCREDIBLE!!!

They open 8 ft tall by 17 ft wide (or smaller if needed), and they collapse small enough to fit in a tennis racket bag. They only weigh approx. 13 lbs! And are available in a variety of colors! They look sleek and fresh. They aren't your typical backdrops! David Allen has taken the backdrop concept and brought it into the 21st century!

These backdrops are BAR NONE, the best I have ever used!!! And I have tried many!

They will soon be on the market...I have mine...will you have yours?

Post subject: Curtains again for Ron0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 pm 
Penguin

Quick response. Great info which sounds great. Vent/magician, Tony Borders is a good backdrop expert. He once wrote his criteria is to be able to use it as carry-on for the gigs which require air travel. I agree with Tony( oh heck, not very often!) but my requirement is road toughness.
One famous backdrop brand is the cheapest but it doesn't have air-links between the tubes and also has sharp edges, which are apparently lethal.
For the benefit of Mr. Kyte and those who wonder what Mz. Kyleth and I are binding on about..here it is.
Your own backdrop reduces the drama area on say a school stage to a more manageable width. Your backdrop creates focus on you, and of course behind it you can stash gear, vent figures in the on deck circle, and effects. In a seniors' home or nursery classroom your screen adds an ambience of professionalism.
Best wishes. Ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

Do those $50 ones come with a bar? Or something that'll keep the backdrop up? Or does it just come with the fabric backdrop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:59 am 
born to perform.

Our backdrop was really inexpensive and it looks great. We bought a photographer backdrop stands off of ebay, then I went and bought black curtains to hang from the top bar.

It all fits into one duffle and is very easy to set-up.

Post subject: Out on the street I beg the people I meet...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:41 pm 
Penguin

I didn't get much change back from 200 dollars for the rig I bought, but it's well made(no sharp edges and air-connections) and it was the result of months of research. Ron0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:54 pm 
Team Penguin

well...that depends on how creative you can get with cheap yet reliable products!

Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:59 pm 
Penguin

I guess you can take a look at backdropsource.com
where you can find your choice. :)