View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:48 am 
Penguin

I might be a nerd that does magic, but you are dumb and work at McDonalds mopping the floor.

Post subject: Agnostic?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:20 pm 
Penguin

Heads up James Jay..is it possible you wanted to use another word than "agnostic"? :wink: ron0

Post subject: I'm offended
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:09 pm 
Penguin

I'm not a nerd...I'm a geek! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:31 am 
Penguin

"I'm not a nerd, I'll prove to you mathematically why... (minus the squareroot of a googleplex divided by pi... taking the derivative of the figure from the figure in the middle of the sin curve...) rather simple really..."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:41 am 
born to perform.

exodus wrote:
Why shut him up? Stereotypically, we are supposed to be geeks. I'm sorry, but a man walking about pulling rabbits out of hats is a geek. Just ignore him. Really, you do get use to people and when they realize it doesn't phase you, they'll leave you alone. Also, the fact that women tend to be impressed by magicians and want to hang around and watch the magic, he can go home by himself, while you're entertaining his girl.

Why deny it, we are all geeks. We need to embrace our geekness.. find reasons for pride in it.. Besides Geeks are cool now :-).

Not only can we pull rabbits out of hats and levitate your dollar bill, make coins disappear and come out someone's nose, we can build them a comp from scratch, aned maintain their servers to boot :-)

Who wouldn't want us around? " While this software updates, Do me a favor...take a card out of this invisible deck!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:40 am 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:
exodus wrote:
Why shut him up? Stereotypically, we are supposed to be geeks. I'm sorry, but a man walking about pulling rabbits out of hats is a geek. Just ignore him. Really, you do get use to people and when they realize it doesn't phase you, they'll leave you alone. Also, the fact that women tend to be impressed by magicians and want to hang around and watch the magic, he can go home by himself, while you're entertaining his girl.

Why deny it, we are all geeks. We need to embrace our geekness.. find reasons for pride in it.. Besides Geeks are cool now :-).

Not only can we pull rabbits out of hats and levitate your dollar bill, make coins disappear and come out someone's nose, we can build them a comp from scratch, aned maintain their servers to boot :-)

Who wouldn't want us around? " While this software updates, Do me a favor...take a card out of this invisible deck!!!"

Geeks are cool? :shock:
man have I been living under a rock! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:55 am 
born to perform.

wreksy wrote:
clarissa35f wrote:
exodus wrote:

Geeks are cool? :shock:
man have I been living under a rock! :D

Ever been on MySpace? ( Ok I myself cannot STAND MySpace) My daughter seems to live there. Anyway, who do you think designs all those snazzy lookin webpage whatevers? Nope.. the users don't. They get their geeky friends to do it for them.

Embrace The inner GEEK!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:56 am 
born to perform.

Actually, I design my own page using HTML.
P.S.: "Snazzy", LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:08 pm 
Penguin

Pull out a bunch of realistic looking artificial [edited]-roaches and toss them towards them..whos the nerd now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:58 pm 
Team Penguin

Geeks are cool, and if you are truly a magician, you should have no problem admiting your geekyness. (And besides, you are spending the majority of your time typing to people you probbably will never meet!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:36 pm 
born to perform.

Popchris wrote:
Geeks are cool, and if you are truly a magician, you should have no problem admiting your geekyness. (And besides, you are spending the majority of your time typing to people you probbably will never meet!)

This may sound strange, but two people that I have known for almost 7 years, that have been there for me when i needed help, and whom I have been there for as well. I never " met" in the flesh. I seriously doubt I ever will, One is out in the mid west somewhere. I actually met both playing Everquest. So never put down an internet "friendship". yes it is geeky, and may be nerdy. But in the 19 th and early 20th century, many people had " pen pals". What is a forum, but a place to write letters? and what is e-mail, and Instant messaging? Don't put it down. You never know who you may be turning away...

" A stranger is a friend you haven't met.... STREETCAR!" < The Simpsons>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:59 pm 
Penguin

RolandHenning wrote:
A wise magician once said:

We are good magicians once we overcome the reasons, that got us into magic....

I like that line alot. I'd say I'm a nerd and proud to be. I've never considered it an insult, even if I know the person means it to be, and if someone says "You're a nerd" I say casually, "Why, thank you" sometimes adding, as if returning the compliment "So are you" (If I think I'll get away with it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:48 pm 
Penguin

Dude jsut show him some of the most extreem/freeky tricks. Try mentilism this seems to work well. I've had people say this, i do that and then they are speechless

Post subject: Re: Magicians are just NERDS!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:45 am 
Penguin

that happened to me at school today. someone came up to me and said "you have no life, all you do is do card tricks" blah blah blah. so i just said, at least i get paid to have no life!

sorry to get off subject from "geeks are cool" :D

Last edited by btmmy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Magicians are just NERDS!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:42 am 
born to perform.

Just say, actually, I'm a geek. In magic, geek is a form of shocking and bizzare magic, let me show you what I mean...*then perform Sick or Thread or something*

Never had it happen though, everyone thinks it's cool.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next