View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Torn Cards??
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:10 am 
Penguin

I was thinking about adding in a torn effect (Torched and Restored to be exact) to my routine. This is one of my favorites because of the reactions that it gives. However, in the walkaround setting, is it a bad idea to perform tricks that always leave litter in your pockets? Has anyone used these types of tricks at their restaraunt gigs?

If so, what did you do with the huge amount of card peices that will end up in your pocket after performing it at a few tables?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:14 am 
Penguin

Since you wouldn't be going from table to table performing it... maybe only a few tables a night... I don't see why it would be a problem. Save it for somethin' special. Performing for a "few tables" wouldn't result in a "huge amount" of pieces. ;) You could always try a different torn effect, too.

Post subject: Re: Torn Cards??
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:05 am 

raiderdlove wrote:
I was thinking about adding in a torn effect (Torched and Restored to be exact) to my routine. This is one of my favorites because of the reactions that it gives. However, in the walkaround setting, is it a bad idea to perform tricks that always leave litter in your pockets? Has anyone used these types of tricks at their restaraunt gigs?

If so, what did you do with the huge amount of card peices that will end up in your pocket after performing it at a few tables?

Not a problem, as you walk around to the tables you can dump them into a busser's bin with the dirty dishes, or just walk up to the main entrance every now and then and dump them into the garbage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:14 pm 
Penguin

I had thought about ditching in the bussers' trash, but the thing that kept me from it was the idea of exposure to the staff. The whole climax of the trick is that you restored the card, and there are no peices left. If the staff constantly sees you restoring cards, and then loads of peices in the trash, they will start tofigure things out.

I realize that this is probably a completely different issue, but how much do you worry about exposing to the rest of the staff members?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:01 am 
born to perform.

Well, I don't use my left back pocket when I work. I typically keep tips in there, but you can use it for trash if you want. Since it's covered by your jacket, you can do 50 tables before you need to empty.