View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:31 pm 
Team Penguin

Banachek? Getting Credit? Anyone else remember Steve Shaw doing Buried Alive? When Criss did it, he had to get Banachek to teach him and go over all the idiocyncrasies to the cameras. Criss gave him absoulutly no credit and pretended like he invented it. But, what can you expect from Pis--- oops, I mean Criss... (or did I?) :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:03 am 
Emperor Penguin

Banachek also taught him the muscle reading stunt, driving while blindfolded, etc. that he was never credited with. Banachek basically redesigned the whole show so that it was actually good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:04 pm 
born to perform.

Banachek gets credit for the decent stuff on Mindfreak because he deserves too. What did Angel actually come up with himself to perform on television that he did not pay a consultant for? A camera trick levitation? Stooges? Oh wait, he has done a few basic tricks the majority of people on here could do just as well or better probably, how could I forget that.

But I feel without the consultants he wouldn't even be able to come up with enough material to stay on television as often as he does. Angel does a good stage show, and thats where he needs to stay, which means away from close-up and away from television.

However, I must also say at first I didn't think Banachek was involved with the common use of camera trickery on mindfreak, and that it was mostly Angel's decisions, but after learning some more stuff and watching the 2nd and 3rd season of Mindfreak I do think Banachek actually helped along and possibly suggested the use of camera trickery, so I don't like that, especially if it was Banachek thinking about camera trickery when he is brilliant as far as inventing new methods for new or old illusions.

But its not surprising to me Angel fired Banachek. He has probably done most of the tricks Banachek is willing to teach him, and he probably also knows Banachek is much more talented than him, so since he has nothing more to gain from Banachek it makes sense he fired him especially with his huge ego.

Banachek is better off not working on Mindfreak though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I agree that Banachek is better off, but Criss Angel could still use him a lot. Banachek basically created Mindfreak. And without the consultants, Angel is going to have a very hard time if he wants to continue doing his show. There really isn't much hope for him.

As for Banachek being partially behind the camera tricks, I wouldn't doubt it. I'm not saying that he suggested them, or approved of them, but when dealing with someone like Criss Angel, they become necessary. So in order to save the show, I could see Banachek having to resort to finding the need for the trickery.

Post subject: Criss Angel Fired Banachek
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:56 pm 
Penguin

i think it was right for Luke to quit criss would not let him have fun. Once criss did the 10 card poker deal aka mind reading the pro girl and did not let anyone watching that it was credited to Luke for making it. :!: :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The 10 card poker deal is not invented by Luke. What Luke was teaching was his version of it. Now, I'm sure Luke taught it to Criss though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

Well I don't think you necessarily need to credit creators on television, I mean you would be crediting everything you didn't make then. I mean think about it a second, even if a svengali deck was done on television you would have to be like way back when this guy named svengali made that last illusion I did.

But you could credit each illusion in the credits of the show to your consultants I suppose, and if the trick isn't by one of your consultants I don't think it really deserves to be credited in a television show in anyway. In other places yeah, but I don't think the show is necessary really. I mean if I had some trick and someone performed it on television with my permission, and I wasn't working for them, I wouldn't be mad that they didn't tell everyone who came up with it, I would just enjoy seeing how they decided to perform it, and love that it got so much attention. Then I would be telling all the magicians I know my effect was on television lol.

And good point about Banachek fallingblood, I imagine when working with Angel it would be a desperate situation lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:50 am 
born to perform.

dbaker_creator wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
Oh yeah sure, how could anyone ever walk out on a God like Angel?

They put one foot in front of the other shifting their weight as them move forward.

Sort of like a series of controlled falls...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:11 am 
born to perform.

MadNuke wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
Oh yeah sure, how could anyone ever walk out on a God like Angel?

They put one foot in front of the other shifting their weight as them move forward.

Sort of like a series of controlled falls...

No. You're thinking of the unpolished method.
I refer to the refined method pioneered by the walking greats like I.R. Strolling, Walker (texas ranger), and The Running Man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:48 pm 
born to perform.

I don't want to get banned from the Penguin forums, so I will keep my comments to myself here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:12 am 
born to perform.

Wait a minute. With Luke, Banachek, and Sankey gone, who'll think of the tricks to use on next seasons shows?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:51 am 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:
I don't want to get banned from the Penguin forums, so I will keep my comments to myself here.

What could your comments possibly be that they'd get you banned? The Angel forum allows for alot of leeway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:20 pm 
born to perform.

bLiNdSiDe wrote:
...Funny, I ran into Luke Jermay just a couple of days ago...and he too is no longer employed by Criss. Luke left on his own and is doing much better solo.

Could there be a trend...here?

I don't know, why is Johnny Thompson on the show? Is he scenile or something? Why are any of those magicians on the show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:26 pm 
born to perform.

MichaelKras wrote:

Then why say anything at all? Just state your opinion.

I personally don't know what Angel's like as a person, so I won't pass judgement on that, but I can definitely see creative differences causing some tension between Criss and his consultants. With Criss constantly trying to maintain an image (albeit an annoying one), conflicts with the consulting staff are sure to occur. The show is very low on my list of programming, so I can't say I've seen enough to know the trends of how the show's been, but I can see it going down the tubes with so much talent leaving.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:31 pm 
born to perform.

I think Angel's plan is to do the stuff he has already done again. He's probably thinking if he does that he can do 3 more seasons, and that no one will ever notice he actually only did 3 because he is such a clever genious. I mean he already walked on water, and apparently he is doing it again this season. :roll: Ugh.. when will angel go away seriously... I want to see someone like Burton, Jermay, McBride, or Cyril on tv....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next