View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:43 pm 
Penguin

clarissa35f wrote:
amyh4b wrote:
This has officially been added to my wishlist. In a few months I should have it. Richard was an excellent teacher in extreme burn so I am assuming in Fiber optics he also is.

he is an awsome teacher, he goes over all the details. You not only know what to do when, but he explains the structure of the core routine, so you know why you are doing certain things at certain times..." Why am I going to the pocket now?" etc...

What I love is, the way he has all the routines structured... There are 7 routines... You can hand out the rope to be examined before you start... go into the routine then he gives you an oppurtunity to clean up in the middle, so you can again if you wish or are getting suspicious glances .. hand the rope out again... then back to the routine...and you then end the routine clean, so you can again hand the rope out to be examined.

I also love his general goofy attitude...

Which rope do you reccomend? I heard daryl found good rope.
How much rope should I get?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:17 pm 
born to perform.

amyh4b wrote:
clarissa35f wrote:
amyh4b wrote:
This has officially been added to my wishlist. In a few months I should have it. Richard was an excellent teacher in extreme burn so I am assuming in Fiber optics he also is.

he is an awsome teacher, he goes over all the details. You not only know what to do when, but he explains the structure of the core routine, so you know why you are doing certain things at certain times..." Why am I going to the pocket now?" etc...

What I love is, the way he has all the routines structured... There are 7 routines... You can hand out the rope to be examined before you start... go into the routine then he gives you an oppurtunity to clean up in the middle, so you can again if you wish or are getting suspicious glances .. hand the rope out again... then back to the routine...and you then end the routine clean, so you can again hand the rope out to be examined.

I also love his general goofy attitude...

Which rope do you reccomend? I heard daryl found good rope.
How much rope should I get?

Hmmm.. I got mine from Tannen's since I really wanted to check out Sanders Fiber Optics. I also picked up World's Greatest Magic Ring on Rope. So I got 25 feet of their rope. Which to my inexperienced hands and eyes seems very good. I am sure that Daryl's rope is way better. I was just anxious, and did not feel like waiting a couple of weeks to get the best rope, when I had the DVD's in my hands.

How much rope will you need? I would say that 25 feet of rope gave me enough rope to have 1 long 6 foot segment for "Ring on Rope" practice. That is how much Daryl reccomends on his "World's Greatest Magic Ring on Rope" segment. And I find that is good for his routine which I love.

I also had enough to have 3 pieces for " Professor's Nightmare" Which Sanders incorporates into the beginning of his 3 rope routines, and then i had enough for his 1 rope routine.

Although you could use rope from the 3 rope for the 1 rope routine I Like using a longer rope for 1 rope routines. But that is more a personal thing.

What you do want to do is get some Elmer's Glue, and treat the ends as soon as you cut up the pieces you will be using for practice. This way they will not unravel. other things that have been suggested is using tape at the ends for the practice ropes.

When it comes to actual performance I think Paul Green in " In The Trenches" recommends you change rope daily since extended use gets the rope all dirty, and ugly looking from repeated handling. So I would recommend 25 feet for practice, then maybe once you get to where you are comfortable performing the routine, and foresee using it professionally getting 50 feet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:54 pm 
Penguin

Although I live in NY I rarely go to tannens. I buy most things online.
So I'll start by getting 25 ft. long rope. I think I'll go with uday rope. Also what about color. Does it have to be white? Penguins out of white rope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:00 pm 
born to perform.

amyh4b wrote:
Although I live in NY I rarely go to tannens. I buy most things online.
So I'll start by getting 25 ft. long rope. I think I'll go with uday rope. Also what about color. Does it have to be white? Penguins out of white rope.

I really think it's according to taste. To perform i think I would always stick to white rope. As it tends to stand out regardless of lighting. But for practice purposes, I think it matters more on your lighting at home, and your taste. I just ordered Tabary Rope Vol 1 and vol 2 here, they were all out of white so instead of goin back to tannens I just ordered some Green. I really don't like Yellow, and with the lighting in my house neither blue nor red would work too well.

The main problem I have is with My cat. We got this ball of yarn before I got into Rope Magic, and he kind of thinks any stray piece of string is a cat toy... so when I practice my rope... he is jumping for the ends... lol

If Penguin is out of white rope, and you are willing to wait for shipping, why not order some of Daryl's? then you can tell us whether it's good or not... then again knowing Daryl, if he says it's the best it's probably because it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:22 pm 
Penguin

:lol: cats do love string/rope. I think I will buy some colored string from penguin for practicing purposes. When I am ready to perform I will get Daryl’s. Thank you very much. You have been really helpful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:31 pm 
born to perform.

amyh4b wrote:
:lol: cats do love string/rope. I think I will buy some colored string from penguin for practicing purposes. When I am ready to perform I will get Daryl’s. Thank you very much. You have been really helpful.

That is the best way to spread the art. One amazing feature of having internet magician forums is near instantaneous transmission of good ideas :-). I am still trying that backhanded Erdnase palm, it's not coming along well. I may reply on your post in the Oz PoF about my troubles in the morning... maybe we can discuss it then :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:34 pm 
Penguin

Ok It is gettin kinda late. Off to bed