View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:35 am 
born to perform.

^^^^^^^^^

I realized that alot of that is being sarcastic but i would like to point something out anyway. My bro is a coin collector. Yes he does look throuch his change to make sure nothing in there is rare and it take him maybe 5 seconds. If you are a coin collector then you will have all of the "Key dates" memorized.

Ben Winter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 4:33 am 
born to perform.

curlyclimber222 wrote:
^^^^^^^^^

I realized that alot of that is being sarcastic but i would like to point something out anyway. My bro is a coin collector. Yes he does look throuch his change to make sure nothing in there is rare and it take him maybe 5 seconds. If you are a coin collector then you will have all of the "Key dates" memorized.

Ben Winter

Actually no, it was not sarcasm, in a negative way. I did not mean to poke fun AT anyone, or try to make light of it... Just taking the situation to an extreme...

Actually knowing me, I probably WOULD have a rare coin, and then after finding it accidentally spend it... I do have my moments..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:41 pm 
born to perform.

clarissa35f wrote:
I think the problem I have with collecting coins would be, I would take forever when I went to the store. At the moment I do not know what any coins are worth. So if I want a soda, and have 4 quarters I spend a dollar in quarters and got the soda.

Now say i decide to start collecting coins. I cannot just spend coins without first inspecting them for year, and type, quality, rarity... designs...etc... every time I got change from the store I'd need to check all my change against the book of coins etc for value...then if I found coins of value, I would have to seal it up and protect it, and be careful not to accidentally spend it...

And then if I were lucky enough to find a dime worth a million mucks or whatever... Imagine the heart attack if before you could out it somewhere safe something happened like..a black out,and you get hit on the head , and pass out... Now you have no idea where it is, it's dark...God forbid you're kid takes it and uses it to buy a soda...

I would starve from an inability to spend any coins i had until i had throughly researched them...

Hahaha. I collect coins everynow and then i have a set of about 100 or so and i only keep then on dates. they could be the worst coindition coin in the world but if the date is in the 1800's id keep it =D

The oldest coin i have would be 1808 coin in perfect condition from the looks of it, although im not sure what coin it is but it says "Francaise Republique" on it, with a male / female in the middle. Te seconds oldest would be a 1920's Australian Penny :lol:

One day ill get my 1808 coin valued

Post subject: Re: Dime Sold for Almost $1.6 million
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:42 am 
Penguin

matiu wrote:
i have recently read about an 1894-S Barber dime, sold for almost $1.6 million.
impresive price. why do people pay such money for coins?
how much money would you give for a rare coin?
do you have any other news or interesting information on this subject?
if you are interested in details i can give you the link:
http://dig4coins.com/News/1-latest_news ... llion.html
who would do that,\. morons