Welcome to Frijid Pink's 18th "Free Magic Giveaway Contest".
Contests 9 through 12 were held on the Spookclub Forums, all the others were held on these Penguin Forums.
As mentioned before I've decided to share some of my magic with fellow Magicians that I no longer have a use for or have decided I can live without. This contest comes at absolutely no cost to you. The items I'm giving away are totally free, I even pay the postage.
Please pay particular attention to all Rules and Restrictions. Any deviations could possibly result in your disqualification from this contest.
CONTEST RULES AND RESTRICTIONS ...
(1) Only those who reside in the US are eligible.
Reason/s: My investment of the item to be won is has already come out of my own pocket ... and the shipping/postage is coming out of my own pocket. I am on a limited Disability Income, disabled and have difficulty getting to the Post Office. Winner will receive the item secured in simple packaging with Stamp/Post Office postage. Nothing special, but what the heck, it's FREE to you! I apologize for the residential restriction but maybe some of you other countymen could consider running your own contest/s.
(2) All entrants must have a minimum of 300 posts on the Penguin Magic Forums.
You must have at least shown that you are a contributor to the Penguin Forums and not just entered the Contests with a minimum amount of posts to take advantage of a free magic offer. Your other contributions, financial and/or purchases from Penguin Magic are not my concern, only your post contributions. In order to be fair too those who enter my Contests that have
contributed to the Forums, I have to ask that all
entrants who enter have made a fair contribution as well.
Other than the above, all Penguins are eligible ... meaning any registered member of the Penguin Magic Forums who reside in the US, and have a minimum post count of 300.
(3) Only one (1) entry per person.
Attempting to make more than one entry in any form will result in immediate disqualification. This means no use of multiple user names or editing of messages to change your guesses/answers to the contest. All edited/changed guesses/answers will result in disqualification.
The Penguin Forum Moderators can and will check for infractions on multiple user names and message editing on all entries. ..... You have been warned.
(4) Winner must be available to be PM'ed or E-mailed.
When the winner is chosen and announced I will need a way to contact them to get their address to send them the prize/s won.
(5) After notification you will have one (1) week to claim your winning Prize/s.
Make a note to yourself, or write down on your Calender, the date of the Contest ending time so that you may check back to see if you’ve won. After 1 week of notification all unclaimed Prizes will automatically default to the second winner.
(6) At the end of the Contest I will make a post to announce the winner. I will then notify the winner for their address and the topic will be open for comments and congratulations to the winner, and I'll start my next contest soon after.
END OF CONTEST RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
This 18th Contest will run for one (1) week, starting at the time it’s posted and ending the evening of May 10th , 2008.
What is/are the item/s to be won from this contest? ...
Now on to the contest. What do I have to do to win? ...
Answer the 10 magic related questions below …
1. What Magician lost a leg in a war and had his artificial limb fitted with secret compartments ?
2. What Magician was born a Leap Year baby, born on February 29th ?
3. What Magician developed his silent act to compensate for the fact that he was totally deaf ?
4. Name a Magician who lost his show in a shipwreck ? (There were 3.)
5. What Magician was a Jockey at age 9 ?
6. What Magician, blind since birth, entertained Britons in the late 1800’s ?
7. What Magician worked for Ringling Brothers Circus and sold his own Magic Sets ?
8. What one-armed Magician is famous for his amazing Card Magic ?
9. What device does Houdini hold a patent on ?
10. What device does Howard Thurston hold a patent on ?
Now, without further ado, let's get on with it ... whadaya say?
Make your entries.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATE.
For your information ...
Previous winners of my contests are ...
Contest 1 ... Scorpio won a Steel Core Quarter
Contest 2 ... mattsmith8009 won Club Sandwich
Contest 3 ... jamie9 won a Quarter sized Okito Box Set
Contest 4 ... laughingman30 won a Magnetic Quarter
Contest 5 ... freds won a B2 Bomber Pen
Contest 6 ... laughingman30 won a Johnson Expanded Quarter Shell
Contest 7 ... marley won a Magic CD
Contest 8 ... k1eg won a Pea Can
Contest 9 ... On the Spookclub
, Scott won Jawbreakers Vols. 1-4
Contest 10 ... On the Spookclub
, Astinus won The Okito Voodoo Doll & a Mystery Prize
Contest 11 ... On the Spookclub
, Vinnie Laraway won The T-6 Hot Rod & Rabbit Test
Contest 12 ... On the Spookclub
, dusty588 won The McCombical Prediction Deck, Jumbo, kindly donated by Astinus
Contest 13 … decenz won Cig Up The Nose
Contest 14 … ChiCharra won Dollar Bill To Matchbook, Stealth Pen & Ring Escape
Contest 15 … chartman won an Okito Coin Box Routines Booklet, 3 Domino Monte & a Mystery Prize
Contest 16 … magikrn won Hoodwink, Multiplying Sponge Balls & Miracle Die Box
Contest 17 … magikrn won Blizzard, Color Monte & a Coin Purse
DISCLAIMER: All contest specifics and winning prizes are the sole responsibility of Frijid Pink. Penguin Magic, and it's affiliates if any, hold no liablity nor do they sponsor this contest. Penguin Magic and it's Administration only provides space for this contest to be held, that is the extent of their involvement.