View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:12 pm 
born to perform.

Sounds like it went great! Thanks for sharing. I hope to be doing a restaurant soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:34 am 
born to perform.

danielellis wrote:
Well I'm back from my first night and I'm still alive so that's obviously a good thing.It went really well and I loved every second of it.It was a little slow but the manager assures me that's because its was mid week and i'v been in at weekends and its been packed so I believe him on that.

The thing that surprised me was that the effect that went down the best and I ended up doing at most table was not my ACR ending with wallet then omni deck/solid deception,it wasnt color burn or freakey it was those reliable sponge balls and I think anyone who isn't using them should be.

I planed on giving out business cards at the end of my performance but most tables asked me if I had a card before I had a chance to give them one.

I think I'm going to like my new job at the restaurant.

Dan

Woot

Good for you i have been working in a restaurant for 1 month now i find it is really fun and i say that my most powerfull effects that get great reactions from spectators is Spongeballs and a Small card routine with Invisble deck at the end.

Anyways you should get business cards because i can gaurantee you everytime you perform at least 1 person will ask for you business card.

And finally for a horror / bad situation was when i was doing spongeballs ( Watch out for this when you do spongeball im serious i check everytime) i started out doing my normal routine with a few vanishes and appearances and eventually i asked a man to hold out his hands to hold a spongeball. and he giggled and said i can't and i said what do you mean you cant and he lifted up his arm and showed that he had no hands! and i thought omg what am i going to do :lol: . anyways he didnt really mind we covered it up with a quick joke and i just finished the routine with the rest of the people on his table :lol:

Anthony :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 4:29 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Congratulations!

I'm happy for you, so you gave out business cards aswell? You will start rolling in the gigs soon! Goodluck on the career!

Pauldela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:17 am 
born to perform.

danielellis wrote:

The thing that surprised me was that the effect that went down the best and I ended up doing at most table was not my ACR ending with wallet then omni deck/solid deception,it wasnt color burn or freakey it was those reliable sponge balls

Dan

Hello Dan,

Yes. I did my first table hopping gig 30 years ago(I was 15 then).Spongeballs were a big hit then. I did a table hopping gig for my friend's Grand Opening of his new restaurant last month, and once again Spongeballs got the best reaction, and the biggest smiles.

I'll never do a close-up show without them.

Continued sucess on your new gig !
Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

brisco wrote:
Hello Dan,

Yes. I did my first table hopping gig 30 years ago(I was 15 then).Spongeballs were a big hit then. I did a table hopping gig for my friend's Grand Opening of his new restaurant last month, and once again Spongeballs got the best reaction, and the biggest smiles.

I'll never do a close-up show without them.

Continued sucess on your new gig !
Brian

If only JamesJay was still here. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:38 am 
born to perform.

Congrats!

Go earn your chops!
(as Stone would say)

j

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:52 pm 
born to perform.

I've never had such a feeling of jealousy in a good way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:38 pm 
Penguin

I have a spongeball horror story too I still feel bad about it. you know how when you put two sponge balls as one in their hand and squeeze their hand shut so they can't open it too soon well I started to do my sponge routean and I put "one" sponge ball in her hand and started to shut and she started to go ahhh! ahhh! and as it turned out she had hurt her hand and could not close her fingers so I did one card trick and bolted trying to block out what just happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:06 pm 
born to perform.

Danielellis, CONGRATULATIONS on getting the job! It sounds like loads of fun, but always be careful, and learn from others' mistakes, so that you don't have to make them!

As stated already, it is always good to be prepared for a variety of possible "situations" that can arise during restaurant work, and maturity plays a big role in the ability to deal with those incidents in a professional manner.

I am finishing up scripting and rehearsing my sets, and writing my contract so that I can finally begin to work in a restaurant!

To anybody that is thinking about working in restaurants: TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE A CONTRACT. It will ensure that you don't get "jipped" or "taken advantage of" by the establishment's management, and it will straighten out possible liability issues.

Once I get another set scripted and rehearsed (my fourth), and my contract is finished, I will be out and about delivering business letters and business cards to restaurants! It should be quite an experience. :P